Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Retarded Oblivion fan interview

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Visceris said:
VD, you speak of integrity but set up that article as news. That shows as much journalistic integrity as the National Inquirer does ...
You'd have to explain that one to me, Visceris. I posted a news item about an interview about an upcoming RPG on a site dedicted to RPGs. My personal beliefs that this interview is crap has nothing to do with it.

Instead of tearing each other apart you need to actually work together and set a higher standard or at least set a standard in which how news is collected and articles are written.
Somewhat agree with that. I also made some suggestions about article writing recently. I hope we'd see more of that, but it's not my decision. Ultimately, it's Saint's site, he calls the shots around here, so if you have any suggestions and criticism, talk to him.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
With so many individuals moving against me with their deliberate misapprehensions of the things that I say, all for the sake of slandering me and making me look not just like an ass, but a 'flip-flopping(tm), self-contradicting' ass, I don't think the Codex is going to rise above its immaturity anytime soon.
Good one, Exit. So, it's all somebody else's fault. Cool. I take it that you believe that you have done nothing wrong and don't deserve any of the criticism. Can't say I'm surprised.

Vault Dweller

Developer
PennyAnte said:
I think Vault Dweller can be hilarious.
Another fan! Yay!

Didn’t MrSmileyFaceDude even write “VD is my favorite” once?
Actually, that was kathode, aka Gavin Carter of the Bethesda's fame.

But I still love the site. I find nights like this, when everybody dogpiles on VD and he gleefully and unrepentantly fights back, to be some of the site’s finest moments.
My favourite moments....Ok, the break's over. Bring it on, girls :lol:

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Vault Dweller, are you working on your post count? :mrgreen:

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
PennyAnte said:
But I still love the site. I find nights like this, when everybody dogpiles on VD and he gleefully and unrepentantly fights back, to be some of the site’s finest moments.
My favourite moments....Ok, the break's over. Bring it on, girls :lol:

In all honesty, I have to say that's pretty much one thing that makes Vault Dweller a cool guy. I've had my fair share of disagreementes, discussions, flame fests and whatnot with him, but he doesn't back out of his position and tries to maintain it throughtout discussions. Can't say I agree with him or his opinions all the time, but he doesn't change his mind at every turn - and if he does change his mind on something, he admits it instead of whining about how people are attacking him. If someone pins him for something, he accepts the reason instead of blaming some invisible factor. But having consistency and cojones most of the time is apparently overated to some.

And the resident drama queen may quote what I said about VD as well, if it makes him feel cool in his own little world.

dojoteef said:
Vault Dweller, are you working on your post count?

No, I am. Now pipe down so no one will notice >_>

Vault Dweller

Developer
Re: A Look From the Side

kerec said:
While I don't have a problem with VD's style, I do think that labeling the questions as stupid is an error. Where you make the case that the movement of water is inconsequential or lacking in value, I make the case that it tells a large deal.

Right now, Oblivion has extremely limited information released about it. People are trying to get every scrap of information that they can, and once they have enough pieces, try to extrapalate a greater whole.

In the instance of the water, modders who have a specific mod idea in mind, could be used to set a specific mood. If the water does respond in a realistic fashion to the players movements, the modder could create a world where it takes advantage of that fact. Carefully placed changes in coloring of the water to make it look as if there is blood from a nearby corpse, and depending upon the complexity of the engine, possibly leaving blood marks on what the character is wearing.

Another scenario would be an aquatic creature (say a 'blob' or a water elemental). If they could actually assign water properties to this creature, then when you swing through it, the entire creature would ripple. You could also assign the need to having a magic weapon to slay one due to the fact that your weapons pass right through it.

I think labeling those questions as stupid is inaccurate, although I do respect your right to have an opinion and display it. I just think you may want to look at it from all points of view.
Attention, stupid people! That's what a thoughtful response looks like. Even if the guy disagreed with me, I respect the manner in which it was done.

Anyway, kerec, I see your point, but still disagree. It's way to early to talk about modding because, as you pointed out, not much is known. It's like asking questions about an expansion or the next TES game. Any person who is planning an Oblivion mod now is an idiot because a) Oblivion may already have all planned features (like blood marks that you mentioned) or b) may not support those features due to some limitations.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Role-Player said:
I've had my fair share of disagreementes, discussions, flame fests and whatnot with him...
Aint that the truth, bro. Good times, good times. Those were the discussions I trully enjoyed. And yes, you were right on many occasions.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Visceris said:
Now this is not just aimed at VD, but all of you boyos in charge of the Codex. RPGCodex has a lot of talented, but very sarcastic juvie minded egos, individuals. Instead of tearing each other apart you need to actually work together and set a higher standard or at least set a standard in which how news is collected and articles are written.

This is the best, smartest thing Visceris has ever said.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Aint that the truth, bro. Good times, good times. Those were the discussions I trully enjoyed.

The feeling is mutual, VD :)

And yes, you were right on many occasions.

And admitedly, so were you on several others.

Aye landlubber ye be bringin' a tear to this stout an' fierce pirate. Fie on ye! :lol:

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
I could write a very long paragraph about why i like VD's news posting style, but on a basic level, i find it refreshing to read news that is not only anti hype, but actively counters it in some way. To validate this point, i suggest everyone who disagree's goes to rpgdot, looks at the news posts their by Kristophe and proceeds to vomit. As for all the people bitching about the news not being worth posting, you will notice that most of the posts in this thread have been bitching about the posting of the news, which is surely even less worth of page space. Now i aint sucking on anyone's slong nor am i pissing in anyone's face, just dont go changing ur style VD.

beans

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
beans said:
Dojoteef's posts tend to make sense when you read them out of context, but if you actually value them as a part of a conversation you see they're just pure nonsense. It's like he's finding points people validly use and then applies them to discussions which are completely unrelated.
Let's see who's talking
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/search.ph ... thor=beans

Page two.
I have sand in my vagina!
No violence at all, most likely.
Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now.
What a wonderful collection of one-liners. Keep up the good work, beans.

Context does matter! Just because I have 4 posts which aren't half a page long, doesn't mean my other points are any less valid. Why don't you attack my point instead of other unrelated posts I might have made.

ps. It's very cute how you jump to defend the only person who's with you in this thread.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Calling people retards and referring to the linked content as 'shit' is hardly inspiring, Frank. If you like that kind of posting style, you, VD and everybody else who likes it should just pick up and go to GameFAQs. There's lots of children your age who live for that sort of thing.

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Calling people retards and referring to the linked content as 'shit' is hardly inspiring, Frank. If you like that kind of posting style, you, VD and everybody else who likes it should just pick up and go to GameFAQs. There's lots of children your age who live for that sort of thing.

I'll reply to you only this once, 9 times out of 10 i find what you post to be stupid on many levels so i just ignore it. Your so able to accept only your own truth that if i stuck a hot poker up your ass, you'd tell me it was a banana. Point in case, i tell VD to keep posting in his own style, state im not sucking his cock or pissing in anyone else's face, then you jump on here and tell me to gamefaqs and call me a kid. Since you've taken the liberty to attempt to insult me, ill return the favour, but use honesty instead, your ignorant, a bullshitter, a bigot and a drama queen. I dont do flame wars, nor can i be upset by a posting in a games forum, so feel free to delete my post.

Vault Dweller

Developer
FrankHorrigan said:
Now i aint sucking on anyone's slong nor am i pissing in anyone's face, just dont go changing ur style VD.
Saint asked me to tone it down and I will, but I doubt that I can change the style even if I wanted to.

beans said:
Why don't you attack my point instead of other unrelated posts I might have made.
Your post had points?

ps. It's very cute how you jump to defend the only person who's with you in this thread.
The only? I sense a practitioner of the selective reading style. Anyway, dojo is doing fine and needs no defense. I commented on your post, because just like your previous posts, the one you've made was rather pointless.

Exitium said:
If you like that kind of posting style, you, VD and everybody else who likes it should just pick up and go to GameFAQs.
Or maybe you should get the fuck out, Exit. Just a suggestion, since your "getting alone" skills suck.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
FrankHorrigan said:
...so feel free to delete my post.
Don't worry he delights in doing that, though I hear he regrets it after the fact when nothing can be done to rectify the situation. How convenient don't you think?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I've noticed that everybody in support of Vault Dweller is even as foul mouthed and immature as he is. Look kid, this isn't the Vault Dweller Codex and this isn't his personal blog. Take your cult of personality and get the fuck out of Dodge.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Woo. More hyperbole and blatant lies, like just what we need.

And Rex, for one who claims to have had enough of flamewars you certainly seem to enjoy driving it along and participating. Way to go airing laundry in public!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It started here in this thread, remember? Go look at the backlog and you'll see how a few of our posters were calling VD out for his antics. Didn't take long before ye olde' Cult of Personality joined up and decided to defend him and rag me and everybody else for not wanting to put up with the nonsense anymore.

Ohhhhh but VD we love you! We love your posting style! Please don't change it! Fuck it all! Fuck what anyone has to say! Go to RPG dot if you want people who aren't complete dickwads! You say it like it is, VD, and we love you.

Give me a fucking break.

Woo. More hyperbole and blatant lies, like just what we need.
Who are you talking about?

beans

Novice
Those 4 posts are hardly representative of my posting style. It's just easy for you to highlight 4 clown posts as I don't have many, but those were all on-topic.
I think it's rather weak to bring up something completely unrelated like this.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Yeah, so what? So there's this law that you'd have to participate in this here flamethread? This thread just shows that your points on changing behaviour's pretty much bull. If you want to prove something, say your piece and walk away - which I figure you won't be able to do, ever. Sorry, Rex.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Whipporowill said:
And Rex, for one who claims to have had enough of flamewars you certainly seem to enjoy driving it along and participating. Way to go airing laundry in public!

It's a joke and we're all just humourless simpletons that didn't get it. No wait, it's a defense against uncalled attacks and telling it like it is. No, sorry, it's defending one's position against the millions that contest it. Whoops, my apologies, I'm getting reports that it's actually a perfectly valid point versus the moot points of the unwashed masses who dared to go against a single individuals' just and unmoving position.

No, my apologies, I think in reality it's just a small, localized case of "i'm the center of my, and everyone else's, world". Back to our regular broadcast.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
Ohhhhh but VD we love you! We love your posting style! Please don't change it! Fuck it all! Fuck what anyone has to say! Go to RPG dot if you want people who aren't complete dickwads! You say it like it is, VD, and we love you.
Jealous much, Rex?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Jealous much, Rex?

Just fuck off, VD. I don't care about you or your goon squad but can you please stop driving the Codex down to your level of witty 'repartee'?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom