1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Gothic Returning 2.0 - The most ambitions mod and the closest thing to a GOOD remake that we ha

Discussion in 'Piranha Bytes' started by S0rcererV1ct0r, Feb 23, 2020.

1. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Is silly because when you talk about RPG here, people assume the games about androgynous teenager with oversized swords saving the world since here is like the unique non developed country where consoles was more popular than PC's.... My first RPG was M&M VII.

I will try search on threads with translation and see if i can pass chapter 5, complete quests that i an having problems and find Xardas...

But Risen 1 is OK but not good as Gothic 1/2 and even 3 with consequences mod, AB, etc;

Has the same faction structure of G2
    • The Mercenary/Don's guys
    • The paladins / the fighters of the inquisition
    • The magician / the fire worshiping magicians
    IS the same thing but with far less interesting things. NO epic weapons like Claw of Beliar, no epic spells, only one summon limit(...) Risen 3 also brought cooldowns on certain spells like Fire Rain that now can be obtain relative early on.

And honestly, central/eastern european game devs are the uniques who produce things that worth be played. Not only on RPG's. Compare Children's Online Daycare and Fortnite with Escape from Tarvok and Metro. Look to Gothic 1 remake. A piece of trash. Made by south western europeans to appeal to US demands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. deama Liturgist

deama
    Have you looked at the german version? Or at least know whether it's comparable to the russian translation?

^ Top  
  3. Sjukob Arcane

Sjukob
    I've never even heard about german translation until you mentioned it in this thread.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    One guide that is helping me is this ( https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1497870430&searchtext=returning ) but i decided to re load my chap 4 save and do a lot of side quests now that i have a (poorly translated) guide

One more thing about necros doing little damage. Their spells deals more damage than other spells. My black mist spell(only on scroll) can deal more damage than a fire rain BUT most of creatures that you fight in the game are creatures of darkness resistant to the dark magic and weak to the fire magic. Against undeads, mainly shadows, death to the undead is a must have spell. And 5 ectoplasms aren't easy to obtain early on. One quest that even with guide i an having trouble is the third trial of the keepers. "Tegon Guardian orders us to learn the language of demons. We go to Xardas and he tells us to go to Creola, he is in Gd behind the palisade of orcs in the fog tower" Where is this fog tower? I found only the swamp camp behind the orc wall...

HEre is how strong necro spells are

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    ^ Top  
  5. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    I was looking on youtube and guys, sinitar defeated the Ice Dragon using only circle 1 magic

Yep. The same dragon that took many tries to me.... He was able to OHK my demon army with a single storm cast. But i liked that Dragons are powerful enemies in returning. I mean, i could cast fear and punch the ice dragon to the death on base game. But on returning

• They have way more HP than anything else
    • They have summons
    • They can cast circle 6 magic(and fire rain can nuke a orc army/demon army out of existance in one hit) and it can 2HK a high level well geared PC
    • They have good health regen and will exploit the fact that you are focused on his minions to regen health
    • They have a strong aura. Fire/Ice dragon can manipulate the weather where they life and if you are near(around 300m) from his lair, you will took constant fire/cold damage
    • Their melee attacks are far more dangerous than any melee weapon that i've faced at this time.
    • Their breath weapon dealt more damage than any spell that i could cast(spear of darkness, ball of death) and is hard to dodege
    Dragons are truly legendary creatures. Returning has his fair share of bullshit bosses. Like the 2 archedmons that can only be damaged if one is near another ...

======================

But anyone played Xere's return? The mod is playable on english? Is hard to be a dark magician? https://www.moddb.com/mods/xeres-return

^ Top  
  6. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Anyway, i did it. I managed to find all reagents to craft the summon demon on my second run and now i can upgrade then.

[​IMG]

I din't knew that not only you need demon essences but also SP to upgrade your demons since i had used cheats on my first run due now knowing what is "resin" and "ore 1 bar" to craft that spell. Now apparently resin is just skulls and "ore 1 bar" i still don't know but i coud make the rune without it... Lets see if this time i can get Ulu Mulu, my own camp and the rest of quests that i have. I entered chapter 4 now. will not rush to chapter 5. Still having a lot of trouble on the 4th guardian(where i need to go?)

I really wish that the mod gets a proper english translation...

^ Top  
  7. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Sorry for nekroing my own thread but I don't wanna create a thread only to say that... I decided to give returning another try almost 6 months later and using google translate on RPG russia is helping me a lot

My stats
    [​IMG]

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://rpgrussia.com/mod/returning-online-2.0/index.html?quests_story_26.html

Now I an near the end of the game and ... Circle 6 necromancer is pretty dope. Video bellow. Only summons on the final.
    a quick gameplay (open)

A lot of people say that necromancer is awful on DPS, but this is not truth. The Ice Dragon can goes down in 3 minutes
    a quick gameplay (open)

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.