Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Wesp5

Arcane
It's garbage, plain and simple. But garbage that contains hints of brilliance and true originality, which makes it all that much more painful.

Yeah, it's rather buggy and adds a lot of fighting to a game that doesn't need it, but as far as rumours go Lenuska is working on an update!

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
It's garbage, plain and simple. But garbage that contains hints of brilliance and true originality, which makes it all that much more painful.

Yeah, it's rather buggy and adds a lot of fighting to a game that doesn't need it, but as far as rumours go Lenuska is working on an update!

Man, I remember their development cycle all too well and how "fast" it was. This update, if it ever comes out at all, is something my grandchildren will play long after I'm gone.

Delterius

Arcane
I tried playing the Clan Quest Mod. Santa Monica went by ok but then I got trapped in the apartment building because there were police officers in the elevator buttons. Hard to explain but it was kind of a trip.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I tried playing the Clan Quest Mod. Santa Monica went by ok but then I got trapped in the apartment building because there were police officers in the elevator buttons. Hard to explain but it was kind of a trip.
That’s pretty normal if you're playing a Malkavian.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So I have never played this alleged masterpiece. I have the GOG version which apparently comes with a "basic" version of the Unofficial Patch (god knows how old a version it is). I see that there seem to be various recommended unofficial patches and other fixes. I want to experience the game fairly vanilla other than bug fixes (no graphics "upgrades" please). Is the GOG version playable without fucking with it or are there other/better necessary fixes?

Wesp5

Arcane
If you want to play the game close to vanilla you are good with the GOG version which is based on the UP basic patch 10.2. If you want to stay even closer to the state the game was released in, use the GOG legacy shortcut and if you want restored content, you can download the complete UP from ModDB or Nexus Mods and select the plus version.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If you want to play the game close to vanilla you are good with the GOG version which is based on the UP basic patch 10.2. If you want to stay even closer to the state the game was released in, use the GOG legacy shortcut and if you want restored content, you can download the complete UP from ModDB or Nexus Mods and select the plus version.

I somehow missed that it had the "legacy" version as well, was concerned that the game coming pre-modded could affect anything else I might have to do with it. I'll leave it as is for first playthrough then, thanks!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hey Wesp5 do you have, or can you make, a list of the main songs/music that is heard in VTMB, in conjecture with each area/club/etc? Including the new, previously unused tracks you introduced with the +patch?

Wesp5

Arcane
Hey Wesp5 do you have, or can you make, a list of the main songs/music that is heard in VTMB, in conjecture with each area/club/etc? Including the new, previously unused tracks you introduced with the +patch?

Okay, here we go. The comments about the new tracks are my own, the list for the old tracks is from the OST listing so if this isn't clear enough, you would need to ask which map you want to know the track of:

All that could ever be (Unused): Restored to Observatory
Clean (Unused): Restored to Diner
Dreamscape 1 (Unused): Restored to Cemetery
Dreamscape 2 (Unused): Restored to Hallowbrook Atrium
Edward's Theme (Unused): Restored to Ocean House
Festival (Unused): Restored to Pier
Hollywood Explore (Unused): Restored to Warrens Shortcut
Poinsettia (Unused): Restored to King's Way
Selfless Doubt (Unused): Restored to Beachhouse
This World then the Next (Unused): Parking Garage
Time Eternal (Unused): Restored to Malkavian Maze
To Live Forever (Unused): Restored to Malkavian Exterior
Come Around (Unused): Restored to Public Library
Downtown Hub (Unused Alternate): Restored to Tutorial
Hollywood Hub Part 2 (Unused): Restored to Nosferatu Warrens
Open Season (Unused): Restored to Blood Hunt
The LaCroix Dream (Unused): Restored to Warehouse
Tikal Jungle (Unused): Restored to Kamikaze Zen
Vesuvius (Unused Alternate): Restored to Ground Zer0

01 - Main Menu (3:17)
02 - Santa Monica Theme (5:04)
03 - Creepy Ambience 1 (2:13)
04 - The Asylum ~ {Chiasm - Isolated} (5:17)
05 - Disturbed and Twisted (4:30)
06 - Police Alert (3:51)
07 - Disturbed and Twisted Combat (2:14)
08 - Generic Combat (2:14)
09 - Short Cutscene 1 (1:08)
10 - Downtown Theme (4:19)
11 - Creepy Ambience 2 (3:51)
12 - Downtown Hub (Unused Alternate) (5:38)
13 - Club Confession ~ {Ministry - Bloodlines} (7:16)
14 - Dangerous Places (4:18)
15 - Empire Hotel Banquet ~ {Darling Violetta - Smaller God} (4:23)
16 - Dangerous Places Combat (3:02)
17 - The Last Round ~ {Genitorturers - Lecher Bitch} (4:15)
18 - Short Cutscene 2 (0:37)
19 - Hollywood Theme (5:35)
20 - Creepy Ambience 3 (3:37)
21 - Vesuvius (1:52)
22 - Luckee Star (1:12)
23 - The Asp Hole ~ {Tiamat - Cain} (5:25)
24 - Theater Gargoyle (0:20)
25 - Vesuvius (Unused Alternate) (3:50)
26 - Short Cutscene 3 (0:39)
27 - Chinatown Theme (6:06)
28 - Creepy Ambience Combat (2:15)
29 - The Crypt (2:14)
30 - Glaze Club ~ {Aerial - Pound} (5:32)
31 - Crypt Combat (2:19)
32 - Tikal Jungle (Unused) (4:18)
33 - Dark Asia (3:52)
34 - Glaze Club ~ {Daniel Ash - Come Alive} (5:55)
35 - Dark Asia Combat (2:30)
36 - Moldy Old World (2:38)
37 - China Boss Battle (2:02)
38 - The LaCroix Dream (Unused) (2:55)
39 - Mission Impossible (4:55)
40 - Radio ~ {Die My Darling - Needle's Eye} (3:55)
41 - Mission Impossible Combat (2:49)
42 - End Credits ~ {Lacuna Coil - Swamped} (4:02)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It always bugged me that it only rained in Santa Monica... So Wesp5 is there a way to add rain in the other areas? (downtown, hollywood, chinatown)

Wesp5

Arcane
It always bugged me that it only rained in Santa Monica... So Wesp5 is there a way to add rain in the other areas? (downtown, hollywood, chinatown)

Not easily, as you would need to define areas where it rains and others where it doesn't and you need brushes for that and to add those you need to recompile the maps which will break the transparent sewer water with the current SDK :(.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Wesp5 Have you ever contacted WRF Studios and asked to license his code? I’m sure the modding community would love to work with it.

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp5 Have you ever contacted WRF Studios and asked to license his code? I’m sure the modding community would love to work with it.

No, and I'm happy enough to know my way around the Source engine. We are currently working on an update to Prelude I and a demo for Prelude II!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I've come across a bug, don't know if it's CQM or UP related... I'm in the final stage of the game climbing up Ventrue Tower and suddenly when I climb on the roof after the commandos jump through the glass ceiling, the music stops playing. Sound effects work fine. It doesn't actually stops playing at that point, but if I reload a save in that area, the music is gone. If I go down from the glass ceiling, the music restarts. If I don't reload any saves the music keeps playing in the next part of the game (construction site and so on).

So the problem is that from the point where you reach that rooftop that has the pipe that you can climb to reach the construction site, if I reload the game, the music is gone...

Any ideas Wesp5 ?

Wesp5

Arcane
So the problem is that from the point where you reach that rooftop that has the pipe that you can climb to reach the construction site, if I reload the game, the music is gone...

This seems to me like another situation in which the game does not save everything correctly, in that case the music which is playing. Between the cafeteria and the roof the game switches to from one sound scheme to another which includes a reference to the music. So once you move down again, the old sound scheme triggers and the old music starts anew. Sadly we never figured out how to edit the saves!

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

No, and I'm happy enough to know my way around the Source engine. We are currently working on an update to Prelude I and a demo for Prelude II!
Don’t you get tired of it and wish you had a working game that you could mod without it fighting you every step of the way?

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Don’t you get tired of it and wish you had a working game that you could mod without it fighting you every step of the way?

And who should know if these Bloodlust games are easier to mod? I mean do mods even exist for them?
They’re made in Unreal, which has full source access. Contact WRF Studios and ask for the code. He seems like a good sport judging by his twitter. He did name a character after you so you’ll probably have an easy go.

Wesp5

Arcane
Source code wouldn't help me, as I am not a programmer. As far as I know, Unreal games are much harder to mod than Source games! I'm rather lucky that the Bloodlines tools are simple and improvised so I can understand and use them easily :)!

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
morbin time Time of reinstall bois

vetarmora-janett.jpg

vetarmora-gary.jpg

vetarmora-vv.jpg

vetarmora-bishop.jpg

vetarmora-lacroix.jpg

Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LevodR

Echo Mirage

Arcane

I suppose that's one good thing. But I just wish someone could add or port the Lasombra clan into one of the other mods, or just patch it in. The Lasombra clan is the only reason I play Antitribu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom