Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RIP to the CODEX

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Actually, Ikari was a C64 only group... They had such cool intros!

For the brave: 12 hours of C64 cracktros!

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I am going to miss their choice in music, their installers were often more fun then the games themselves.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Too bad. Piracy is often the only way to own something these days.
The scene has persisted for decades and will continue to
The scene currently is:
-One deranged tranny actually cracking stuff based on who bids the most.This can include multiple updates to the same game.
-Everybody else copying steam clean files and applying a steam emu.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Too bad. Piracy is often the only way to own something these days.
The scene has persisted for decades and will continue to
The scene currently is:
-One deranged tranny actually cracking stuff based on who bids the most.This can include multiple updates to the same game.
-Everybody else copying steam clean files and applying a steam emu.

Yeah the scene is a shadow of its former glory.

Probably doesn't help most of the OG crackers grew up and got hired by places like Denuvo.

Turjan

Arcane
Well, at least I'm sure they chose something worthwhile as their swan song, maybe they did Elden Ring or
In the release notes of “The Sims 4 My Wedding Stories,” CODEX officially announced its retirement.
Uh...huh.
I doubt many people here know, but this EA offering isn't only a cringeworthy piece of DLC, but it's completely and utterly broken. Even the paid shills in EA's "Game Changer" program couldn't help but give the verdict "don't buy". Patches didn't help. Those people who did buy that, eh, wonderful piece of software got further punished by not being able to switch the changes off, because all base game interactions - which did work - got overwritten by the DLC.

So yeah, that's a truly worthy piece of software to wave goodbye :D. They probably asked themselves why they should spend any time and effort on garbage like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom