Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Rise of the Triad (2013)

Angthoron

Arcane
I know some of our bros can't stand TotalBiscuit but suddenly, TB displays footage of new RotT's multiplayer and... What the hell bros, it looks like it should be proper fun! Cautiously declaring this an incline, methinks.

Dude answering questions seems to be saying right things, too.

potatojohn

Arcane
Unreal engine is definitely part of the problem, with it's bizarre perspective (feels like shit regardless of FOV), bad mouse input handling, and bad performance (ok fps but constant stuttering).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's being made by the team that wanted to make a remake of Duke Nukem 3D, but got screwed over on that by Gearbox, so they switched over to other projects.

Deakul

Augur
That looks brilliant, it's all coming back to me.
Those summers stuck at home with my shitty dial up and Quake 2.

Multi-headed Cow

I doubt anyone will be playing it past a week, but that does look pretty good. I'm more interested in the singleplayer but they did a surprisingly good looking job on the MP except for a dull map. Apparently gonna be $15.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Looks like a mod of Unreal Tournament 3... which isn't really a bad thing, but hard to escape the feeling that this is kind of a "shooter in a box." The brown and grey art style doesn't do much for it either. Still, great to see a game like this being made in this day and age.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's a rare sight, when someone is doing a remake that is so faithful to the original game. I have a strong RtCW feeling in those videos too, which is incline for me.

Angthoron

Arcane
Looks like a mod of Unreal Tournament 3... which isn't really a bad thing, but hard to escape the feeling that this is kind of a "shooter in a box." The brown and grey art style doesn't do much for it either. Still, great to see a game like this being made in this day and age.
You sound like you've not played the original.

Also, RotT 2013 musics:

https://soundcloud.com/rott-music

P.sweet.

AngryKobold

Arcane
Looks brilliant!

Just joking. Maybe rather: it might look promising, if the blinding glow effect got completely removed. Among other things. The speed is fucking wrong. Like a Quake match on fast- forward.

Too bad it's only multi, whereas SP mode still remains as a big unknown. There's a very disturbing moment in the interview posted before. One of the devs had funny hair, wild eyes and was saying something similar to "Let's do it. Let's fuck up the level design".

I'm not holding my breath.

MapMan

Arcane
Honestly, rise of the triad was one fucked up game. It really confused me greatly as a kid. Now this? Well, it might turn out to be another generic Unreal Engine shootan. My expectations are low so if it'll be shit I won't be disappointed but I might get pleasantly surprised. Gotta wait and see I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom