Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RISEN - Über 45 Minuten Gameplay footage

Phelot

Arcane
Thanks for this.

LOL at that woman lying there dead and then suddenly getting up all fast. I wonder what was being said...

Starwars

Arcane
And LOL at how she looks. I guess now we know why women were not very prominent in the Gothics eh?

I haven't really followed the development for Risen. Is there anything that seems to be good about the game?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well it certainly looks like Gothic except with a better inventory. So if you liked Gothic that's about all you'll get. Provided they won't dumb it down too much, multiplatform release and all.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Looks pretty solid. Not expecting something classic here, but if it's around the same quality of the first two Gothics I can see myself getting many hours of enjoyment from this game. Really looking forward to this. Its release is only a few weeks away, isn't it?

lightbane

Arcane
For what I got of info, Risen could be a spiritual sequel to the Gothic series, 'cause the plot is that the gods abandoned the land being this one saturated by magic and ancient monsters no longer bound to any divine will, maybe it has a reference to one of gothic 3 endings, that if I recall correctly whas about stopping the Gods's influence or something...

Deleted member 7219

It seemed before this video, Pirahna Bytes were doing their best to turn people off the game by releasing the most unbelievable awful gameplay videos with, as you say, really shitty commentary. I'll give this a watch and hope it looks alright.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Alright watching the video now.

1:40 Oh god the eye candy never ends. It's retarded everytime.

3:10 Lol at the waves.

3:30 to 4:00 Yep that's Gothic combat alright.

4:20 Oh god she gave him a quest to kill those chickens? We're off to a good start.

7:00 It looks like she's totally helping him out by standing back and not doing anything. Whore.

9:00 What a gay language.

9:30 And cooking makes a return. Likely just as useless.

11:00 Seeing him bend down to pick up everything was retarded in Gothic and it is here too.

2nd video:

1:00 Oh look, swampsharks!

2:00 to 2:30 Okay now that's an interesting enemy. Looks like some kind of midget monkey.

3:30 And we're back to the challenge of luring enemies to other people because they're too hard to fight on your own.

And is this fucker ever going to put some shoes on?

5:15 Cool seeing some people carrying things.

6:00 Nice buy/sell screen. Everything's there in one look.

End of the video: Yeah those extremely wide sword swings are going to get annoying, I can already tell.

3rd video:

1:20 Wow looks like no one gives a shit.

7:10 And he's now a bug. A bug that rolls.

8:10 No I'm sorry. A bug that appears to roll but does in fact just glide along the floor with no friction.

12:30 Yay what a fun battle.

And now we're looking at a mage.

Lol at the spell-casting animations. It looks like half-assed boxing.

14:30 Cool alchemy animations/interactions.

Conclusion: This is Gothic 4.

Deleted member 7219

Black Cat said:
Is this one like Gothic with the main character you could not customize and looked really awful?

Play with Barbie dolls if you want to play dress-up.

Black Cat

Magister
I don't want to play "dress up", but i do not like encouraging lazy designers who half-ass a main character when the plot does not require one just so they need to work less. You will never hear me whining about Planescape Torment being about the nameless one, for example. Gothic's character was empty and, like, characterless. As it was him it could have been anyone, so there was not really reason for it to be him instead of the old tradition of role playing games about creating your own character.

WalterKinde

Scholar
I hope theres no shitty drm on this game, the videos of in game play looks great so far.
And i do plan to pick it up if theres no shitty insane 3 activations or dont have this or that app installed drm.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
11:00 Seeing him bend down to pick up everything was retarded in Gothic and it is here too.
True dat. At least in Gothic 3 when you were in sneak mode things would just get picked up instantly.

Phelot

Arcane
I like games with a shit load of items. Especially when they can be combined or used in a meaningful way. I like the idea of cooking, but if you can't starve to death, then I guess there's little point. I've never liked the idea that food heals hit points...

Reject_666_6

Arcane
It wasn't totally useless, though. I would always cook the raw meat I had in my inventory when I had the chance, and sometimes make Meatbug Ragout if I had the recipe. It basically doubled the healed HP, or quadrupled in the case of the Meatbug.

bhlaab

Erudite
Looks fun.

Maybe I've been spoiled by games like Crysis etc, but the graphics didn't stand out as particularly fantastic.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Syraxis said:
Those are some pretty nice environments.

We once had their lead environment artist (at least he was lead during Gothic 3, no idea if he is now) giving lecture in 3D Modeling. More than impressive what this guy was/is capable of.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Trash said:
Sweet. I like it.

BTW, what the fuck is wrong with the guy actually picking up stuff? You people really try too hard sometimes.

Yeah. I think it adds to the atmosphere and... you guessed it... IMMERSHUN

Don't like the look of the new hero though. Looks too douchebaggy. Probably because he bears a slight similarity to Trash. :P
Game looks good, though.

Deleted member 7219

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Game looks like Gothic.

Which means the few women that do appear will look strange. All of them.

Is there a reason why PB are so weird when it comes to women in their games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom