Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 subtitle + artwork

Kraszu

Prophet
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico said:
the new combat system (free camera? dealing with many opponents at once? Sounds like Fable/Arcania, and they both were fucking bad).

Or in first Risen. The camera is free when your char is doing an animation or is standing. :M

Dantus12

Educated
Roguey said:
First shaky-cam footage is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTj4dYj_Ilo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaF-axw8 ... r_embedded
My reaction: :what: x infinity. They went full Divinity 2 on those expensive new animations and I really, really hope the walking and combat animations and that disorienting camera aren't even close to final (isn't it supposed to be out within seven months?)...

Well there is still time, looks worse visually, than I expected. A strange feeling of atmosphere loss.
The game will support gamepad out of the box based on the interface, so that's the camera spinning thing.
Will be less shaky probably by the end.
The mildly frustrating thing is that looks like we are stuck as pirates forever.

FatCat

Educated
Animations are really crappy :/ even shittier than Bethesda's.Not that it matter's much.

+ Is it me or it looks like Fable 3 ?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FatCat said:
Animations are really crappy :/ even shittier than Bethesda's.Not that it matter's much.

They are crappy, yeah. But so they were in all PB games. IMHO they are at least better than in previous games. What is really disturbing, though, is that everyone kind of.. spreads his arms like a body builder (or people with big, huge balls) instead of keeping them close to the body like normal people do. Weird.

But hey, no giraffe-people this time! And at least two different women!

tindrli

Arcane
Well there is still time, looks worse visually, than I expected. A strange feeling of atmosphere loss.
the images that we all saw at beginning are Photoshop HEAVY!!!!!!

MCA
CreamyBlood said:
Looks cool and I'm a PB fan but haven't played Risen yet.

But minigames? Why?

It reminds me of a few months ago and I was visiting my parents. My Dad is 62 years old but bought an awesome rig with 3D and a 120 Mhz screen, etc (he's a techie like me), and a bunch of modern games to go with it.

Anyways, him and my mom play 'casual' games all the time but among a bunch of other stuff he bought Mass Effect for some reason. Actually it was because it was called an 'RPG' and he knows I'm into them. So he was having trouble at this right at the beginning because he couldn't get through a door and gave up a few weeks ago.

I explained that I'd never played it before and never planned to but I'd take a look, so he loads it up and I walk around on the surface and go up to the door and a little circular thing pops up with revolving barriers and I start maneuvering around.

My Mom, who was playing Bejeweled or something on her computer had spun her chair around and was watching, she said, "it looks like a circular Frogger!" My dad said, you're right. So I got to the center of the thing and the door popped open.

He said, "huh". "Why do they make you play a game of circular Frogger to open a door?"

I said, "I don't know".

That's it. True story.

I don't think he bothered with the game after that but I'll ask him. I'm sure he's played enough frogger in his life (like we all have).

[/i]

That's a lovely anecdote.

MCA
I can ignore poor animations but it was extremely retarded that the character could just run past the two guards at the beginning of one of the videos. So are we now getting a free pass for combat, too?

Plus, the whole "chosen of the god" deal is an immense turn off. FFS, will anyone do anything different ever again? I hope they at least try to subvert that trope this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom