Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 subtitle + artwork

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
An official site for Risen 2 has been set up:

http://risen2.deepsilver.com/

And with it, the full title was revealed as 'Risen 2: Dark Waters', also a couple of 'artworks'

2cysfn5.jpg

5ldhkj.jpg

okokk1.jpg

So, Risen 2: Pirates of the Dark Waters? If it's half as awesome as that cartoon, it will be fucking heavan :M

But what's a little more interesting, however, is that one of the bros in screen 3 has a musket. Would be p. cool if this game had gunpowder firearms.

Also, apparently there's supposed to be some big preview in one gaming mag on the 23rd feb.

Oh God, bros, this will be the best game evar :bounce:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Pardon :oops: gonna leech the screens and reupload them somewhere.

Regardless, on the site, there's an interactive panorama that you can scroll. And it has a guy with a rifle. Best game ever incoming :bounce:

Yeah I noticed the musket as well, you can also see a guy with a fire arm if side scrolling through the Back ground. From what I've seen from the page the art style got a strong 18th century style. Really looking forward to this, finally another good rpg on the horizon.

This actually managed to make me excited for a coming game, something I haven't felt in years, need Risen 2 now. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks interesting.

Also i am still fucking pissed that Pirates of the dark waters series died out so early. It was dam good.

Felix

Arcane
Fuck year, pirate-themed RPG :bounce: ....wonder if it's a direct continuation to Risen, just another island or all new.

3dxb93fcwbektnc4.jpg

?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Risen but with muskets and sabres instead of two handed swords and full plate armours?

I'm sold.

Felix said:
Fuck year, pirate-themed RPG :bounce: ....wonder if it's a direct continuation to Risen, just another island or all new.

3dxb93fcwbektnc4.jpg

?

Some one in Germany needs to get their hands on that magazine and post scans for the rest of us to read. :bounce:

(Also interesting that that Risen got much much more space on the front page than DA 2 or Shogun 2, :incline: of German gaming Journalism)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Merkwürdigliebe said:
(Also interesting that that Risen got much much more space on the front page than DA 2 or Shogun 2, :incline: of German gaming Journalism)

Probably because it's a world exclusive and stuffies.

Is there any solid info on gameplay changes or release date?

None on release date. No 'solid' info on gameplay, but there was a series of threads on the world of risen forum, where some PB community manager or something would reply to some questions. Don't remember much from that, other than 'better crafting and minigames', though, and wouldn't exactly call it solid info, either.

Also, I put on my pantaloons and pirate hat.

Oh God, bros, I'm so hyped :bounce:

Leimrey

Educated
Look at that pathetic blood texture on the third screen. WHERE ARE MY TORN CLOTHES AND VIEW OF THE EXIT WOUND? This is not next-gen enough.

Seriously though, I will buy this game for the combat system alone, the rpg elements will be just a really fucking nice addition. So, bros, how are we going to parry those booleets, huh?

TsongaKralj

Novice
I'm so fucking hyped for this,I'm definitely buying a new rig once it comes out.PB are the only mainstream developer I trust not to fuck up.

Oh and yeah pirate theme is awesome.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Risen 2 - the pirate RPG? Even if the first one wasn't somewhar lacking but captivating little game, I still would be totally sold... as I am now :bounce:

Maybe, just maybe 2011 will be a good year for RPGCodex. I mean Twitcher 2, KotC 2 and Risen 2 coming (see the pattern? :M)... At least two of them must be good, right? :M

Fucking great news. Makes me wanna start replaying tropico pirate cove and age of pirates and gothic 1 and gothic 2 and risen 1 ......yhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :yeah:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ugly popamole shit with 10 real skills (if that). Codex will still pirate it and finish it 10 times because Bioware and Bethesda didn't make it.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Looks cool and I'm a PB fan but haven't played Risen yet.

But minigames? Why?

It reminds me of a few months ago and I was visiting my parents. My Dad is 62 years old but bought an awesome rig with 3D and a 120 Mhz screen, etc (he's a techie like me), and a bunch of modern games to go with it.

Anyways, him and my mom play 'casual' games all the time but among a bunch of other stuff he bought Mass Effect for some reason. Actually it was because it was called an 'RPG' and he knows I'm into them. So he was having trouble at this right at the beginning because he couldn't get through a door and gave up a few weeks ago.

I explained that I'd never played it before and never planned to but I'd take a look, so he loads it up and I walk around on the surface and go up to the door and a little circular thing pops up with revolving barriers and I start maneuvering around.

My Mom, who was playing Bejeweled or something on her computer had spun her chair around and was watching, she said, "it looks like a circular Frogger!" My dad said, you're right. So I got to the center of the thing and the door popped open.

He said, "huh". "Why do they make you play a game of circular Frogger to open a door?"

I said, "I don't know".

That's it. True story.

I don't think he bothered with the game after that but I'll ask him. I'm sure he's played enough frogger in his life (like we all have).

[/i]

Seeker
In My Safe Space
With the use of ranged weapons(muskets) i wonder if they will keep the magic system in the game. If not, it will be the first Piranha Bytes game without the existence of magic.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks nice so far. Please don't fuck up with the third chapter again.

CreamyBlood said:
Looks cool and I'm a PB fan but haven't played Risen yet.

But minigames? Why?
Lockpicking was a minigame, as it was in the Gothic series. But you don't have to play it as long as you have open locks scrolls or the rune.

1451 said:
With the use of ranged weapons(muskets) i wonder if they will keep the magic system in the game
Eh, I don't see how it's that much different compared to a bow or crossbow.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1451 said:
With the use of ranged weapons(muskets) i wonder if they will keep the magic system in the game. If not, it will be the first Piranha Bytes game without the existence of magic.

I'm sure they will.

Sckarecrow92

Educated
That was a lot of purple masturbating emoticons.

The new setting reminds me of the shift between Fable 1 and 2.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Some one in Germany needs to get their hands on that magazine and post scans for the rest of us to fap. :bounce:
Fixed that for you.

They also better not fuck it up, as it's the only game i'm waiting for.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
All I have to say is...

FUCK :yeah: !!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom