Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Risen 3: Titan Lords revealed in PC Games magazine

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Piranha Bytes; Risen 3: Titan Lords

Piranha Bytes' next game, which is known to have been in development for a while now, has been revealed as Risen 3: Titan Lords. It will be formally announced in the next issue of the German PC Games magazine.

[​IMG]
    Judging by these leaked screenshots, the game will see a return to a more standard medieval setting. Other than that, we know nothing about it.

^ Top  
  2. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Admiral jimbob
    Wasteland 2
    im giving a shit. its me, the shit giver. after risen 2........ man, i give some shits. this is the shit, and im givin it. woaht hats some shit. i just shat on the floor. *farts*

• Brofist Brofist x 17
    ^ Top  
  3. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Admiral jimbob
    Wasteland 2
    fuck me hard. im the risen dude. fuck me senseless. its risen. my dick. my risen dick. watch me rise. fuck me senseless. im one shit turd bitchlord. im crying. i cant stop. i kill titants. gothic was a good game. gothic was a good game and i made that game ten years ago. my games are still relevant because of the gamse i made ten years ago.

• Brofist Brofist x 15
    ^ Top  
  4. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Admiral jimbob
    Wasteland 2
    hi guys. want to know if you want to buy my cake. yeah its a ten year old cake. some of you guys liked the cake i maed iin 2003. thinking back on it it was good cake. i made a similar cake in, like, 2008, i guess. that was a good cake too. i made a shitty version of that cake a faew years later. now im making that cake again??? is anyone interested????? mods???? im going to watch predator.

• Brofist Brofist x 15
    ^ Top  
  5. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Oh good, another game to crush me under the continued realization that no one will ever make something like Gothic 2 again.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  6. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    One look at the hero is enough to convince you never to play another of their games ever again.

^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Fuck jimbob is off his meds again

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  8. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    FFS Infinitron is the reason every single fucking thing in the Codex has two different threads

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  9. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Admiral jimbob
    Wasteland 2
    I'm being pertinent. They thought they blinded me, but instead....... my eye sees everything *glares at u through telescope steampunk eye*

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  10. himmy Arcane

himmy
    Try Gothic 3. #fuckthehaters

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Aeschylus Prestigious Gentleman Swindler Patron

Aeschylus
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I beat Gothic 3. I don't hate it, but it's nowhere near as good as G2 by any objective measure. Also 'no one will make X again' sort of precludes including things that have already been created.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. Xenich Cipher

Xenich
    I really enjoyed Risen... it wasn't bad. Say what you will, complain about this and that, but overall, it was an enjoyable linear progression system.

Though, after risen 2, I think this will be a worthless pile of shit that only someone too fucking stupid to tie their own shoe would find to be a good game. I hope they prove me wrong, but... I know they won't. So.. They can fuck off!

^ Top  
  13. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Risen 1 was good (except for the shit ending but PB games have always had shit bosses/endings). Risen 2 was poor even for a generic arpg.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. VioletShadow Sensate Patron

VioletShadow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Risen 1 :decline:
    I remember not getting very far and being bored out of my mind.

^ Top  
  15. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Risen 1 was good mainly because it was a shameless Gothic clone with more sensible controls, I didn't even bother playing 2 and I don't have the best expectations for this one

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Can you even create a "clone" of your own game?

^ Top  
  17. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Yes when you don't hold the rights to the IP

^ Top  
  18. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Veeery edgy but let's get some perspective here.

Risen 2 was a decline game compared to Risen 1 or Gothic 2. But saying it was a worthless-pile-of-shit-crime-against-humanity-genocidal-atrocity-dry-rape game is just trying hard to fit in. And being retarded.

Published in 2012 It was still miles better than all the phlegm passed for RPG those days like ME3 or DA2. REading all the hate for R2 makes me absolutely sure a good portion of those "critics" made up their minds about the game long before they actually played it. If they played it at all.

Now that's dealt with let's hope the next thing is a true "going back to roots" in all its PB glory because lord knows they don't make gaimz like Gothic 2 anymore.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  19. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    whoa

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Murk Arcane

Murk
    I... I want to believe. I want to.

But there is no faith left.

Please prove me wrong PB; but I fear you cannot.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    :decline:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Xenich Cipher

Xenich
    You are arguing the taste of a dried up hamburger that has a moldy bun and rotting lettuce compared to that of shit smothered over some peta bread. Yes, I realize that Risen 2 was better form than the complete and utter shit that is common today, but seriously, if all we have is to argue over quality based on the criteria of not being as shitty as what is current in the market, well... we might as well pass the gun around and be done with it. Risen 2 was shit... not terrible compared to having your testicles drawn up through your mouth and then put in a nut cracker, but... well... seriously... what is the fucking point after that?

^ Top  
  23. Xenich Cipher

Xenich
    Then you saw the commercial for Grand Theft Auto V and were like... FUCK YEAH DROOD! ROXOR ON!

^ Top  
  24. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Risen 2 wasn't shit. I'd call it mediocre to poor. It certainly wasn't Arcania bad.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Coyote Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Coyote
    I picked up Risen 2 a few months after it came out, so many people here had already formed an opinion, and I expected the worst. It actually wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but it was a thoroughly mediocre game that failed to deliver on any of the qualities that made previous PB games stand out. The one thing it had going for it was a slightly less overused setting, but that's not enough on its own; after all, Gothic 1 had the most interesting setting out of either series, but it's not the one that constantly makes top (A)RPG lists.

I wouldn't get your hopes up:

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.