Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rome Total War II

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
PCGamer UK's latest issue has a Rome II special that apart from the usual spin also has some more screens.

k325j.jpg

aGMpA.jpg

ooWlb.jpg

CDyVb.jpg

dAr38.jpg

IWABf.jpg

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm amazed by how little I care for this game. It just seems to me that after an initial honeymoon period all of the Total War games basically consist of map painting and continually being amazed by the idiocy of the AI.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hard to get hyped again, really. Fool me once something something else. You know how it goes.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It looks like they've finally improved sieges.

Also, the one feature I want this to have is easy moddability comparable to Rome and Medieval 2, so we can get awesome total conversions again.

Emily

Arcane
I honestly only care about one thing. The improved AI, if that is in, il buy the game. Dont care about any other features. In fact i would prefer that they cut the features out, if that will help the AI

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Meh, after Empire I gave up on them. Napoleon only brought that point home. Shogun 2 however was vast incline compared to those turds and the FotS expansion was very decent. Am willing to give this one a chance.

It just seems to me that after an initial honeymoon period all of the Total War games basically consist of map painting

Very valid criticism. Shogun was the first and had so many fresh ideas and a very focused campaign so it never really mattered. Medieval kept the boardgame feel and introduced big civil wars to keep you on your toes and a great campaign in the expansion. Rome tried to mitigate it by making the endgame about fighting a big Roman civil war. Which kinda worked. The expansion meanwhile was all about survival, making it easily the best TW campaign yet. Medieval II fell squarely into the mappainting trap however with Empire following suit. Napoleon tried it with a more focused campaign but didn't offer much. Shogun II then did the whole Realm Divide thing which basically emulated Rome and didn't really work. Chances are very much there that unless they really improve the politics Rome II will do the exact same thing. We'll see.

Tycn

Savant
Of course there won't be proper mod support, considering how fond CA is of milking their fanbase with shitloads of inconsequential DLC.

Emily

Arcane
Woah what a surprise looks like over-the-top-holywood-emotional-engaging-cinematics-shit
Didn't saw that one coming
But seriously i dont care about anything until i see non-scripted campaign game play, and battle play.

titus

Arcane
Patron
I don't care about anything until I see modding support. CA just can't, modders need to fix it. If they add prosper proper modding support, all will be good.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The worst part of that trailer was the pronounciation. The way he pronounced Carthage... really? Seriously? This is how English native speakers pronounce Carthage? Holy fucking shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's pretty easy to make "Hollywood"-style machinima with Total War. Doesn't say anything about the game.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Remember guys, Rome II will be the last PC exclusive Total War game. After that, the series will be popamol-y-fied by glorious Next gen consoles. So enjoy this installment, because it will be the last decent one.

Where/when did they say that?

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
They really need to start adding junior officers in TW games, I'm really tired of the only officer being "The General" or some "Captain". Oh, and once TW goes to consoles I'm out.

Maybe a futuristic TW, or a fantasy TW for a change.

Fuck that shit. I don't want sci-fi/fantasy comic book nerd shit in my war games. :Rommel:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The trailer is the exact kind of trailer they've been having since the first Rome. Doesn't say shit about the game apart from telling you to go buy a new pc*.

*Plus it will look about three times as good as the game will be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom