Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roster and coordinates (report new cities here), upd. 1 May

Tycn

Savant
Cassidy said:
Humanophage said:
Sovard, I would say. Looking at the map of the continent, I'd say you should teleport to him and then occupy the middle part of the long narrow peninsula.

I'll build the first city in that mountaintop at the south coast in the middle of the peninsula, just south of Phal-1. Will take a few days to reach there though.
I was planning to take that spot but you can have it if you want, in which case I'll head west. I'm at the fork southwest of Phal-1, might be faster for you to move to player if you're further away (username is Tycn!).

Humanophage

Arcane
Well, there's enough space for two people there, as a matter of fact. One could settle directly south of Phal-1, and the other to the west of that settlement. Like this, for instance: [map]. The thing is, Barker's friend, Smaily, is settling somewhere in that area as well. I'll contact barker and Smaily about it.

ElecTriCotter said:
Okay, first village: Nightfron X:91 Y:271 on continent 17
A very nicely placed one. You can move it one tile north-west later on for more resources.

Humanophage

Arcane
Cassidy and Tycn

I propose that Barker's friend establishes a village at that mountaintop. The reason for it is that they communicate regularly, so it's better if they live nearby. Additionally, the friend doesn't speak English well, so he'll be isolated if he's not near Barker.

One of you can settle a bit to the west of the mountaintop, which is actually a better location resource-wise. The other can teleport to Havoc or E_O1 and build a settlement there, which is also better resource-wise. You will also be close to Scrod, who is very active and helpful.

I apologise greatly for the confusion. The one who settles in the north will get an additional 50 Gold as compensation.

Like this:
17-Settlement.jpg

Tycn

Savant
Then I shall settle near the mountain between Shan-2 and Smai-1. Most likely x:108 y:302.

edit: built at those coordinates

Katana_LOL

Educated
Am i able to reserve the moutain on the left coast up near me and E_O1? its in Havo's area far left, that way i can secure that bay near my first city

Humanophage

Arcane
Here, does this look fine? http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/ ... Temp-1.jpg

Cassidy said:
I'll move on north then, towards that mountain to the southwest of the peninsula.

x:85, y:282
That's all right, I could shake the borders a bit. The resources are a bit better in the north, but if it's too far to go, no problem.

Tycn said:
Then I shall settle near the mountain between Shan-2 and Smai-1. Most likely x:108 y:302.
108 312, you mean? 108 302 is empty. Good town, I'd place it directly on top of the mountain, 108 314. It will have 4 stone and 2 wood, which is a lot of stone.

Katana_LOL said:
Am i able to reserve the moutain on the left coast up near me and E_O1? its in Havo's area far left, that way i can secure that bay near my first city
The one near the small lake, right in the middle of Havo-1, Mast-1 and E_O1-1 ? Well, you could take it if you want to, but you don't really need any more stone. You will, in fact, have a shortage of wood, so it would make more sense to build a town in the forest to the south.

Tactically, it's better for two or three people to have access to the bay. It's easier to defend this way, as it means more time online. And more armies. It is also good for trade.

If you need even more stone, there's a mountain near the lake to the north of Kata-2, but for the third settlement wood seems to be a lot more useful in your situation. Also, it's better to upgrade a town to a metropolis than to build a village.

ElectricOtter

Katana_LOL said:
If you mean the one near the small lake, yeah sure. If you mean the one next to the small patch of trees right by the northwest coast, that's part of my planned expansion, so I'd appreciate it if you would settle somewhere else.

Katana_LOL

Educated
Yeah all good, ill stick where i am at this point, i have to remove some orcs before i can do anything good :)

Tycn

Savant
Humanophage said:
Tycn said:
108 312, you mean? 108 302 is empty. Good town, I'd place it directly on top of the mountain, 108 314. It will have 4 stone and 2 wood, which is a lot of stone.
Yeah, that's the one. Ended up placing it on the swamp as it has access to 4 wood instead.

Humanophage

Arcane
Everything seems fine with Katana and Otter.

Tycn said:
Yeah, that's the one. Ended up placing it on the swamp as it has access to 4 wood instead.
Oh, that, I fear, is a bit of a wasted opportunity. Mountains aren't that common, and this one was very good as you could work two woods while being on top of it, which meant 6 resources. If you wanted wood, it would have been better to simply build it in a forest and take the mountain later. It's fine though, you can just buy resources. The strategic location is more important.

Katana_LOL

Educated
Or you could speak with some of the clan and work out a trade for stuff, ie 2 stone = 2 wood, ect

Humanophage

Arcane
No. Here are some other ways to acquire it, in order of difficulty and reliability.
1) Do the newbie quests. They are extremely lucrative.
2) Get stuff, including gold, from newbie chests that spawn every day when you log in for the first fortnight. Sell stuff you don't want to use on the market.
3) Hunt orcs. They tend to carry about 20 Gold each, as well as artefacts that you can sell. There are also krakens and dragons, but they're too strong for us yet.
4) Capture the arena. You'll get 1 Gold per 3 minutes of stay there. Kind of time-consuming though.
5) Resell resources, artefacts, scrolls, recipes, troops, etc. to other players on the market. Hunt for cheap stuff (e.g., wood cheaper than 2.20), except if it's too far away, resell it.
6) Raid other players' settlements.
7) Craft artefacts using recipes in the forge and scrolls in the magic tower to sell on the market.

Plus: 8) Get people to join the game using your referral link.

oscar

Arcane
Mind if I settle a bit west of Necr-1 out of our boundaries? I'll post co-ordinates when I'm there.

ElectricOtter

oscar said:
Mind if I settle a bit west of Necr-1 out of our boundaries? I'll post co-ordinates when I'm there.
I'd be careful. You may get attacked by the neutrals occupying the mainland.

Humanophage

Arcane
oscar said:
I'd suggest settling on the island instead. However, if you strongly prefer the continent and the north won't fit, you could go to the northern coast of continent 18, to the south of Barker.

The island is preferable though.

I am currently at 143, 249.... Any tips as to where I should put my village? Considering the plains at 139, 252.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
herostratus said:
I am currently at 143, 249.... Any tips as to where I should put my village? Considering the plains at 139, 252.

Eyeballing the map above and the extra small one in the MMORPG forum
MapaMundi.jpg

it looks like you may be encroaching on Trannynota's territory, (non codexer, unsure if active on at least thsi section) Might want to hold off for Humanophage for advice as to where to settle and how to get there (I keep hearing about transporting to other players, sounds like the devils work to me)

Humanophage

Arcane
Commie, good one. The north is yours.

herostratus, I'd suggest going either northwards, to 160 241, to the west of Zanth, or southwards, to the south of Fens and Hoaxmetal. 183 290 (east of Hoax, on the shore) is a fine city.

Ok. But there is one thing I don't understand, and that is the rules for city placement. That map you have, are each zone supposed to be belonging to one member? How large a radius around my town can I harvest shit from? Is it like civilization?

Humanophage

Arcane
Do have a look at the newbie guide with regards to harvesting. While technically you can gather anything within 5 tiles of the town, it only makes sense to work the tiles adjacent to your town, otherwise the transportation will take up too much time.

Cities have to be placed within a space greater than 5 tiles from each other. On my map, each zone is supposed to belong to a player, but the zones are merely there for convenience and are more or less arbitrary. Basically, 90% of them include 2 sources of rocks, a dark forest for orcs, and sea access. Red dots indicate locations that I think one might want to consider when constructing a town.

My intention is to create a tightly settled territory, which would mean vastly superior economic and military cooperation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom