Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Tags: GOTY 2023

EDIT: Poll is done, results are here: https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=12309

And here we are again, voting time!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2023 GOTY poll is now open - VOTE HERE: https://rpgcodex.net/goty_vote.php

We're doing Twiglard's Codex-only poll again, so you can only vote when logged in.

Every year the list gets a bit longer, time to test that scroll wheel. Remember: more than just deciding the GOTY, the goal here is to help us parse all these new games and help find some hidden gems.

The poll will run for a week until next Thursday, I don't know the exact hour since Twiglard has to close it. And, to avoid alt spam, only pre-2024 accounts can vote.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
GiMYwC6.png

agris

Arcane
Patron
Resisted the urge to rate bg3 a 1 despite not playing it, if for no other reason than to deny it one more “played it” credit it in the bayesian algo

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, I have no time for that with all the dev work. Plus I'd much rather work through the many hundreds of titles from the 80s/90s catalogue. Those could last me decades without even touching the post-2000 stuff.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Saw Fallout Sonora Dayglow in the list. Didn't know it existed. Is it good? How much replayability does it add to Sonora?

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Not only did nothing worth playing come out last year aside from Armored Core 6 and Lies of P, if anything else did, I wouldn't have been able to run it on my PC, nor get it for PS5.

All of my friends think I'm crazy for saying 2023 was an awful year for gaming. But I truly think it was. Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3 were far more than just bad, they should be taken as signs of Revelation.

Why yes, I voted all JRPG's and their ilk a 5, how could you tell?
Because the ability to produce anything resembling a playable game has gone extinct outside of Asia.

flushfire

Augur
I feel old looking at the list. Only recognize like 13 or so titles because of benchmarking and few actually played. Chose Colony Ship as the best from the few I liked enough to replay, the others being Heads Will Roll: Reforged & Front Mission 1st Remake.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom