Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 1 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 5 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.

Shaki

Arbiter
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 1 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 5 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.
True, actual fair score would be like ~3, but I had to vote 1 to counteract shills who vote 5 and keep lying about groundbreaking never seen before C&C, just because they hyped the game to heavens before the release, and don't want to admit they fell for the PR like normie consoomer, now after it actually released and turned out to be an average slop.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Fuck you and your fellow goyslop guzzlers.

Dogshit corporate rubber/plastic texture art.
Utterly horrendous britfaggot art student voice acting
Extremely bad story and 'Faerun' setting. BEFORE it was made even more nonsensical by those retards.
Horrible britcuck art student "characters"
feature bloat Furries&Faggots "D&D" """system""" of collecting +1s like sonic running through lines of rings.
zero immersion = zero sense of adventure. zero gameplay, just accumulating power and buttons to press like a cookie clicker.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Rating for games you haven't even played is such subhuman behaviour that it warrants a tag. And the removal of citizenship.
This. We can all be unserious sometimes, and it takes no great effort, but rating something you don’t have significant game-time with a 1 because of philosophical reasons is just weak beta behavior.

save it for the “theoretical goty” poll

I'm not convinced there's anything wrong with giving a low score to a game you haven't played, if that game is obviously a turd (e.g. Starfield). Maybe the poll ought to include an "I didn't waste my time with this because it looks like trash" option.

For the record, I only played and voted for one game on the list.
It leads to people countervoting their e-rivals (real or imaginary) so you feel the election was fortified. Incidentally this diminishes JA3's victory.

Congratulations to... JAGGED ALLIANCE 3! Our #1 RPG of 2023!

Somehow, this unlikely event happened twice last year. So the #2 in our GOTY list was Baldur's Gate III. It was a close call, a difference of 0,02 points. Possibly related to 41 people giving BG3 a 1/5 score because they dislike bears or something.... we'll never know.

racofer

Thread Incliner
codexpolls.jpg

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Rating for games you haven't even played is such subhuman behaviour that it warrants a tag. And the removal of citizenship.
This. We can all be unserious sometimes, and it takes no great effort, but rating something you don’t have significant game-time with a 1 because of philosophical reasons is just weak beta behavior.

save it for the “theoretical goty” poll

Never heard of boycott? Not mentioning there will be always a group of people who didn't play yet either give 5/5 or 1/5 solely because of agenda. It's a vicious circle, some people vote 5/5, and then others vote 1/5 to counterbalance, and it keeps on tugging. You can see it on imdb with political/leftist/touchy movies.

Viata

Arcane
It also assumes that all 41 people gave 1/5 because they dislike bears, not because some of them really disliked the game because, for them, it was a bad game.
No need to assume, I'm looking at the list right now and most of the names were quite vocal about Halsin and their intention of never touching the game
most =/= all

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It also assumes that all 41 people gave 1/5 because they dislike bears, not because some of them really disliked the game because, for them, it was a bad game.
Since BG3 is D:OS 3 I can just compare it to previous results.

1.4%/13 people gave D:OS a 1
2%/8 people gave D:OS EE a 1
8%/51 people gave D:OS 2 a 1 (a lot of people were really upset over the armor and initiative systems)
13%/40 people gave BG3 a 1

Since BG3 doesn't have D:OS 2's controversial game systems, the conclusion I come to is that most (I'd say at least half) of the 1-voters belong to the bigot brigade. Perhaps a solid dozen who just really don't like Larian games.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Look

Basically I'm just not gonna rank it 5 (BG3!!)

I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know..... UGH I know.....

It's just that I'm not ranking it 5 is all!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom