Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This was the safest, most secure election in history.
Calling Jagged Alliance 3 a senile old Democrat isn't very nice
Baldur's Gate 3 is Trump,
Jagged Alliance 3 is Biden

And Colony Ship is Bernie Sanders.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
The number of average votes per voter is 25,5. Its pretty clear that barely anyone here plays that many games and that most of the votes are by retards with second hand opinions. The list with the individual user votes is somewhat useful, its just a shame that many users that actually play games are missing.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
k8XZOl5.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Damn, those last two places must sting. Vic and SDG annihilated
Imagine Starfield would run on 2-4 core PC well, and there would be planet with Nordsman, another planet with Kharjits, and there would be strignant migration controls the main character would go through pain to complete quest that gives him permanent visa to even be able to complete quests...

Basically Morrowind in space that will be mostly enjoyable.

But Bethesda decided to do Fallout 4 in space.

Modron

Arcane
The number of average votes per voter is 25,5. Its pretty clear that barely anyone here plays that many games and that most of the votes are by retards with second hand opinions. The list with the individual user votes is somewhat useful, its just a shame that many users that actually play games are missing.
A lot of the games on the list are ports, remasters, translations, remakes, ports of remakes and remasters, et cetera. Helps to pad up the votes.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Spotted two pathetic shills racofer and Hellraiser who give high scores to their shilling targets and 1/5 to everything else. Good to know to never bother reading your gaming posts anymore, despite such a long forum presence. Shameful behavior.

1.jpg

2.jpg
I think racofer was trolling and did inverse votes.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Spotted two pathetic shills racofer and Hellraiser who give high scores to their shilling targets and 1/5 to everything else. Good to know to never bother reading your gaming posts anymore, despite such a long forum presence. Shameful behavior.

1.jpg

2.jpg
I think racofer was trolling and did inverse votes.
Dunno, maybe he really liked Diablo IV and Starfield.

Ladonna

Arcane
The butthurt over the "vote spoiling", something that happens in every one of these polls, is funny as.

Come on, this always happens. Did people have real money on this or something?
The fact it always happens doesn't make it any less pathetic.

And I didn't even care about BG3 - I neither own it, played it nor voted for it.

Still I consider downvoting games you never played lame and sad. It spoils the fun for all the fair play voters.

Look, I understand your point, but the Codex itself is equal parts knowledge and shitposting. Whenever these big, "serious" things like the poll kick off, it inevitably leads to a mix of the serious and shitposter, with often hilarious and rage inducing results.

If you guys want to give them special tags, cool, that is very Codexian. But banning them, or whatever else some people are suggesting is just lame. It reminds me of the old "Vault Dweller wants to make the Codex a Prestigious Gaming Magazine" era where he went on a banning spree of anyone that insulted developers, until DarkUnderlord stepped in (after the Glorious Revolution) and said "It's all about the Drama(tm)".

So, even though I only voted for the game I played, I am honestly getting pure entertainment out of the shit being posted in this thread. That includes the veiled (and not so veiled) anger over the "vote spoilers". They did it to the game I enjoyed and voted for as well, if it is any consolation.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Look, I understand your point, but the Codex itself is equal parts knowledge and shitposting. Whenever these big, "serious" things like the poll kick off, it inevitably leads to a mix of the serious and shitposter, with often hilarious and rage inducing results.

If you guys want to give them special tags, cool, that is very Codexian. But banning them, or whatever else some people are suggesting is just lame. It reminds me of the old "Vault Dweller wants to make the Codex a Prestigious Gaming Magazine" era where he went on a banning spree of anyone that insulted developers, until DarkUnderlord stepped in (after the Glorious Revolution) and said "It's all about the Drama(tm)".

So, even though I only voted for the game I played, I am honestly getting pure entertainment out of the shit being posted in this thread. That includes the veiled (and not so veiled) anger over the "vote spoilers". They did it to the game I enjoyed and voted for as well, if it is any consolation.
Nah, banning them is too much.

But a shameful tag would be ideal.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The butthurt over the "vote spoiling", something that happens in every one of these polls, is funny as.

Come on, this always happens. Did people have real money on this or something?
The fact it always happens doesn't make it any less pathetic.

And I didn't even care about BG3 - I neither own it, played it nor voted for it.

Still I consider downvoting games you never played lame and sad. It spoils the fun for all the fair play voters.

Nudex doesn't understand that anymore.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Funny how the results would turn if we got another top 110 RPGs poll since it's not affected by downvoting :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom