Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Chaos Chronicles

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Although not spectular (That's because it's 3D) ,Environment looks good and style is very pleasing to me. I am more excited about this than the PE. Keep up the good work.

kaizoku

Arcane
Not much to say. The locales look awesome and the character models are pretty ugly, but whatever.

What is this graphic bitching?
The models look great to me.

Yeah, I looked a little closer and upon further consideration I find them pretty okay.

The one with the barret is fucking ugly, though.
low charisma stat

Although not spectular (That's because it's 3D) ,Environment looks good and style is very pleasing to me.
Agreed. ToEE looked prettier.
But as far as visuals go, I'm quite pleased with it.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
It also makes me wonder if battles take place on a flat plane exclusively, or if elevation is also taken into account and all the factors it entails.

Forget about the UI, HobGoblin42, can you elaborate on this instead?

Yes, there will be height differences on the battlefield and especially ranged combat units e.g. archer will benefit from it. But also enemies could stand on different height levels than your party, which can result in long ways for your melee fighters.

Regarding the user interface: it's work in progress and I can't release those ugly looking screenshots at the current state of the game.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Dunno, if ToEE looked prettier. It had better lighting and some kickass animations, spell effects etc. I suppose the screenshots of CC are WIP too.

Which reminds me... in ToEE the spell effects (with few exceptions like Mage Armor) would fade after casting instead of being persistent (think NWN2) until you can't see shit anymore. How does CC handle that?
Plus, in ToEE you would get all the info about ongoing spells, like remaining duration, remaining damage reduction (Stoneskin, Pro Energy) etc and you could dismiss any spell whenever you wanted. How does CC handle that?

Morkar Left

This reads like...

does that mean...

the game could be good?

World ends 2012 confirmed.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Regarding the user interface: it's work in progress and I can't release those ugly looking screenshots at the current state of the game.
Could you at least tell how it will look like overally? Are you planning on doing something like in IE games (big, ornamental inventory/character sheet screens) or NWN (shitty smallish windows)?

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Could you at least tell how it will look like overally? Are you planning on doing something like in IE games (big, ornamental inventory/character sheet screens) or NWN (shitty smallish windows)?

I really dislike the small arial-driven techno-style of the user interface of NWN or Titan Quest. Our interface will have decoractive fantasy elements, but not as much as the Diablo I main screen.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I really dislike the small arial-driven techno-style of the user interface of NWN or Titan Quest.

Are you sure you're not the man game developer of my dreams? :love:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

I really dislike the small arial-driven techno-style of the user interface of NWN or Titan Quest. Our interface will have decoractive fantasy elements, but not as much as the Diablo I main screen.

:yeah:

That's pretty and all, but what I actually am concerned the most about is usability and responsiveness.
NWN/NWN2 in this sense were both some serious clusterfuck stuff compared to Baldur's Gate 2/IWD2.

Of course, it's less of a big deal in a turn based game, but still, a clean, simple and practical interface will be greatly appreciated.

kaizoku

Arcane
After reading PE latest update, and too many times the word "legendary" across updates and forums, I need some cheering up guys.

Please tell me that legendary items are few, come with a rich lore, sometimes are the result of a side-quest and other times open up a side-quest, and the PC will not be able to craft anything "legendary".

kaizoku

Arcane
They already said that even a +1 sword is supposed to be an awesome & rare find. ;)
ok, I hope that holds true

because this was making me thing we would have dozens of "+4" and "+5" items
Pledge $1,000 or more
29 Backers Limited (21 of 50 left)

HELP DESIGN AN EPIC HIGH LEVEL WEAPON, ARMOR OR ARTIFACT.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I really like the screenshots. Those environments are expertly designed :salute:

But what I really, really like is what I'm hearing about non-combat/utility spells and skills. I can only hope these will find plenty of uses on the world map. Using Pass Without Trace to escape (or increase the %chance of escaping) biodrones orcs pursuing you afyer you saved Princess Volourn from their camp? Yes please.

bussinrounds

Augur
Holy shit. This looks/sounds like it could be the best one out of all of them. I think it just shot up to my #1 most anticipated game.

Looks good. But do we know anything about the setting?

We know about the setting bro. You should search a bit. There was a german (it has translation) interview somewhere. It will be basically - you are a group of adventurers that come to the dangerous and unknown continent which was ravaged and overcome by monsters for some 200 years, and no one dared to go there, until now. There are some settlements that quiver in fear and fight for survival and small local communities and taverns at crossroads. It will be dungeons and dragons setting, but darker and more sinister and dangerous (monsters will patrol the countryside, continent is overshadowed by evil etc.). +1 weapons will be rare and powerful, so no OMG EPIC shit.

So, this is MY interpretation of what I know about the game, but I think it's pretty accurate. :D

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I know that if game mechanics are going to be solid enough I will hardly care.
What can I say, I'm a storyfag :obviously:

Besides, good mechanics are basically nothing without intelligent encounter design.
Looks good. But do we know anything about the setting?

We know about the setting bro. You should search a bit. There was a german (it has translation) interview somewhere. It will be basically - you are a group of adventurers that come to the dangerous and unknown continent which was ravaged and overcome by monsters for some 200 years, and no one dared to go there, until now. There are some settlements that quiver in fear and fight for survival and small local communities and taverns at crossroads. It will be dungeons and dragons setting, but darker and more sinister and dangerous (monsters will patrol the countryside, continent is overshadowed by evil etc.). +1 weapons will be rare and powerful, so no OMG EPIC shit.

So, this is MY interpretation of what I know about the game, but I think it's pretty accurate. :D
That's pretty vague... but yeah could be good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom