Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Expeditions: Conquistador

tumblr_lutqkv5bTa1r69gkwo1_500.jpg

ironyuri

:lol:

Butthurt explosion!

Yes. That's exactly it; and I've always only ever been a troll too -- and I'm mentally unstable.

You're exactly correct, Grunker.

Did I leave anything out, or is there anything else you'd like to share about your stellar taste?

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I enjoyed the review, don't know why the reviewer is exploding into butthurt so suddenly after releasing it. It almost makes it a bad review now because his true colors have been revealed.

Tigranes

Arcane
ITT ironyuri delivers the ultimate blow against the Codex's widespread praise of E:C: by praising it so much that everyone criticises it to re-establish their contrarian identity.

:obviously:

ironyuri

you know, i'm willing to reconsider the possibility that my review was shit because hiddenx from the rpgwatch just said he liked it. i'm torn.

Mortmal

Arcane
Well nobody can blame you to be overenthusiast and a bit consensual ,rpgwatch style , when writing the review . The last time we had a tactical rpg hybrid , that was jagged alliance, while the game is not flawless the qualities vastly outweigh the flaws. No need to be too edgy anyway since some cant even understand the 2/10 joke.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grunker ironyuri
Did you plan this performance art in advance as a part of the review or is this an improvisation on your parts? Will all future reviews have such additional content? I need to know.

MCA
My main problem with the game at this point is that they removed a few very cool abilities that were present in the betas and it has detracted from the game

We did? I don't remember taking out any abilities in the game.

There was this ability which allowed one of the classes to shield another follower, both sharing half the damage received by either. This was available right off the bat IIRC. There is something similar in the final release but it's not the same and you need to pick it when you level up.

At any rate, travel map part of the game is a poor experience. I had hoped it would improve before release but alas. What you should have done is a two stage FOW (black-out unexplored area, gray-out explored but out of range area to hide active dynamic objects like animal, chests etc.) and give us full freedom for panning the camera. And don't bitch about limitations of Unity, it's been done before (needed to mention this because I saw you do that at your own forum) and the mini-map doesn't quite cut it :

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/146697-Tasharen-Fog-of-War
http://www.tasharen.com/windward/fow/

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/149467-Fog-Of-War-For-RTS-Games

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/128759-Released-Fog-of-War-Desktop

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
you know, i'm willing to reconsider the possibility that my review was shit because hiddenx from the rpgwatch just said he liked it. i'm torn.
Now what would happen if I said that I liked it as well?
/me hides again
Do you work at shitComposer, right? Do you know why the Steam version of Conquistador was blocked on spanish-speaking countries?

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
Due to a retail-deal. It will unlock in these territories (and in Italy) in the future after the Box-release (and more used digital portals in these regions. Yes. They have local ones). Luckily steam-sales in these territories are... let's say under 3% of total sales for steam-games.

wergle

Educated
The thread about the review of the game is better than the game, and since the game is already quite good that's saying something

EG

Nullified

It was very Professional and Polite.

Overall, a nice read.

It just would have been better with a few of the dark twists the Codex is known for.

And stop listening to Grunker.

He's basically DraQ.

Monty

Arcane
Of all the threads to generate massive butthurt and drama.... it's like site feedback. With native Americans.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
There was this ability which allowed one of the classes to shield another follower, both sharing half the damage received by either. This was available right off the bat IIRC. There is something similar in the final release but it's not the same and you need to pick it when you level up.
Still in the game, albeit in a slightly different form. It's the Soldier's veteran ability (Guard), where the units around him gets their defence raised to match the defence of the soldier.

MCA
Still in the game, albeit in a slightly different form. It's the Soldier's veteran ability (Guard), where the units around him gets their defence raised to match the defence of the soldier.

Yes, I know that and it's not the same at all. Saying that it is, is pure demagoguery. When you change something out of shape and form, it ceases to be what it was. Yes, it's similar in function but it's still mighty different. The former was available at recruit level while you have to level up not once but twice to get the similar ability now and they are still different enough to co-exist.

You can't twist facts to your liking, sorry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom