Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: King Arthur: Knight's Tale

Melmoth

Educated
a saracen palomides would not have been out of place, a saracen tristan however would be
well tristan is undead so its moot as far as I can tell

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Your mission is to kill King Arthur. Unfortunately, his soul split into a bunch of fragments and settled in different places, so in each chapter you have to kill him again. There is some kinda-sorta hinting at something more going on, but it never leads anywhere and ultimately feels like it ended on the cutting room floor. Therefore you just go around killing King Arthur, until he finally dies for real, and then it’s over. Having to kill King Arthur gets rather tiresome already after the second time.
Thanks for reviewing King Arthur and the Deathly Hallows, Darth Roxor . :bro:
Had an eye on it for a while now and this will keep my interest fresh.
On a final note, the game comes with a multiplayer mode, but how it works I cannot say, since I never got to try it because I don't have friends.

Awww. :love:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
How much are they pushing the Christian stuff in the game? I'm hoping not at all. I find having to play pious Christians quite offputting. Would prefer the Pagan side.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
How much are they pushing the Christian stuff in the game? I'm hoping not at all. I find having to play pious Christians quite offputting. Would prefer the Pagan side.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale features a two axis alignment system: the rightful/tyrant axis is essentially a good versus evil axis, whereas the Christian / Old Faith axis replaces the usual lawful/chaotic axis. There are important bonuses and penalties to heroes based on Mordred's alignment, so that, for example, a Rightful Christian Mordred would not want to use any hero who is just Tyrannical or just Old Faith and certainly not anyone who is both; however, you can get by with a hero that is completely neutral or has one alignment matching Mordred's and another contradicting Mordred's, e.g. a Rightful Old Faith hero, a Tyrannical Christian hero, and a neutral hero are all acceptable for a Rightful Christian Mordred, though they will miss out on bonuses. Also, you can recruit a few heroes particular to Mordred's alignment that will not appear as allies for a Mordred with the wrong alignment; for example, a Rightful Old Faith Mordred could receive Sir Leodegrance (Rightful), Sir Bedievere (Old Faith), Sir Geraint (both), Sir Lancelot (Rightful), and Morgana Le Fay (Old Faith). There are five classes, and their numbers aren't balanced across alignments, so your choice of alignment combination will result in you having access to more heroes from certain classes and less from others.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also, you can recruit a few heroes particular to Mordred's alignment that will not appear as allies for a Mordred with the wrong alignment; for example [...] Morgana Le Fay (Old Faith)
Okay, having Morgana Le Fay as a recruit option sold it to me.

Seems like it's mostly just a re-skinning of the D&D alignment system then, which I'm fine with. I guess "righteous" and "pious" are my trigger words... +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom