Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

SoupNazi

I did. I'm sure it was down at time of post though, the dynamic map wouldn't load either. Must have auto-restarted.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I was installing the borderguard plugin for bukkiit and I had to reboot the server to get it running, its quite possible that you tried to join at that moment.

Oh yeah guys I limited the world to a 500x500 box until 1.9 comes out so that we can get the new biomes too.

Muty said:
Ulminati said:
So do I have to fork over moneychips to Notch and his jew conspirators to experience this, or will the Bay of Buccaneers special sale version allow me to connect as well?

You have to become part of the jewish conspiracy to join the server, the pirate bay edition doesn't work in multi.

Maybe put this in the FAQ because this is the Codex and people are gonna keep asking?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Occasionally Fatal said:
Maybe put this in the FAQ because this is the Codex and people are gonna keep asking?

Nah it's much funnier if they install the mods for nothing and only then find out they can't play. :smug:

garren

Arcane
Patron
Xor said:
Why would they put in a final boss?
I don't mind for some challenging fights or a few realms to explore but the end credits seem silly. Does the game just.. end after that? Minecraft is still mostly about gathering (in survival) and building stuff. They should focus more on that, and add more recipes and materials to make whatever you want.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That's stupid. Why add combat encounters to a game with a shitty, almost non-existant combat system?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
DarkUnderlord said:
That's stupid. Why add combat encounters to a game with a shitty, almost non-existant combat system?

So they can justify stopping all work for it and sell Minecraft 2 to everyone.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
DarkUnderlord said:

Pretty much this.

What I would really wanted them to do is finish the stupid mod api, but even that was done by the moders and I must say that they did a great job.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
They're not stopping work after release.
TBH I don't really care as long they finish up their mod support. I'd rather have hundreds of modders working on their ideas rather than small dev team only because I paid them 10 euros long time ago.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Occasionally Fatal said:
So it appears there is an update for Minecraft. I'm assuming we don't want to apply it until the server gets updated?

Quite correct. We'll have to wait for the mod updates before I can update the server. I hope that it wont take more than a week. If someone updated already, pm me to send you the old jar.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Also, how the fuck do I get roses now? Has anyone found any? I need red dye damnit!

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
If you mean above the fortress of doom you've got there, that's the border. I can't go any further. :(

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Occasionally Fatal said:
DarkUnderlord said:
If you mean above the fortress of doom you've got there, that's the border. I can't go any further. :(

What? Why not? I also seem to recall having seen roses out in that area. Apparently you could try using bonemeal to spawn tall grass and possibly flowers.

I enabled a 500x500 border around the center of the map so that we can get the new biomes when we move to 1.0.

That said I hope that you didn't built too many things in the nether. it got corrupted and I had to nuke it, no backups too.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
It seems one cannot survive more than 5 seconds in the nether without it dying with a socket error.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom