Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Downgrading is easy:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/800346-tool-mcnostalgia-201/

Muty, when you have the time:

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2475

Already broke some geothermal generators, the wrenches suuuuuck!
I'm trying to figure out what is crashing the server, what was the last thing that you built before it crashed?

The server seems to have crashed :(

Yeah I know I'm working on it right now.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Placed a regular wooden pipe from BC, might've been the cause for the earlier crash too?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Placed a regular wooden pipe from BC, might've been the cause for the earlier crash too?
yep, the current version of buildcraft is buggy as hell. Trying to fix it right now.

EDIT: Crisis averted... I think.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: net/minecraft/clie
nt/MinecraftApplet, method: init signature: ()V) Bad type in putfield/putstatic
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.GameUpdater.createApplet(GameUpdater.java:424)
at net.minecraft.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:87)

How come...

deus101

OH!! RIGHT!

DANG! gone to 1.1...thats why its not woiking...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I want an aryan vanilla no-bullshit minecraft server. Fucking mods. :mad:

deus101

Zed: Fucking nazi scum! Enjoy the multi-modular society!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
82 MB? Why is it twice the fucking size that Minecraft is in the first place?

Oh I see - it has all the old patches in it. Really, MC should make it simple to pick which version you want to run when it loads... or better yet, be backwards fucking compatible so that when it finds a server running older stuff, it can handle it without downgrading or doing shit.

Okay, why do I have no sound? I can hear the atmospheric stuff (birds and shit) but not the normal MC sounds - like attacking a block with my fists or walking.

Ok, now they're working. I dunno why.

muty might be doing a reset so no major loss.

What? Again? FFS. No point even starting anything in that case.

Muty, I cannot create epic constructions with these limitations!

Bah! A world border too? Someone tell me when we have a world that doesn't have a tiny piss ant border and isn't going to be reset at the next update.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Plenty of space within the borders, just hold off the legendary castle of doom for later.

Or build in Nether, shit's empty.

deus101

Can you post the old map and shit for us to download?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
As if you have any choice. Come on, my rubber plantation needs more slaves.

garren

Arcane
Patron
So 1.2 will likely include jungle biomes:

XaVJu.png

Except they likely won't generate in old worlds. Fucking hell. How hard is it to add new biome generation in old worlds?

We need to make a decision and just keep some map for like a year and then after that do a yearly update (map reset) with all the new biome code/other stuff that don't work in old worlds. So do we keep the current map or is a new one coming? Muty?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So spamming regular leaves = jungle now? Pfft, not worth starting a new map over.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Speaking of rubberwood trees, it blows how all of them are just outside the current borders. I need more rubber!

Muty, be a pal and drop a rubberwood sapling or two somewhere that can be reached.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone uses the automatic farming stuff from Minefactory? I've set up a planter but it doesn't do anything when I turn on the redpower pulse...

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I think Muty changed them to be powered by EU's instead of redstone pulses on the server.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
We need to make a decision and just keep some map for like a year and then after that do a yearly update (map reset) with all the new biome code/other stuff that don't work in old worlds. So do we keep the current map or is a new one coming? Muty?
^ This. I'd be happy to run without any updates (after the server is setup) - and just be left to build shit.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sorry about the silence on my side for the last week, but I was busy as fuck with other stuff...

^ This. I'd be happy to run without any updates (after the server is setup) - and just be left to build shit.

This is a sound decision and I think that we should stick with it. 1.0 is a good starting point. I'm leaving the world as it is. When 1.1 is ready I'll try it on the test server and if it breaks compatibility we'll drop it. Same with all upcoming patches for the next year.

I really wanted to update to 1.0 as it brought in several much needed bug fixes for the server(tho still no multithreading....) and it was essential to move to it, but not so much with the upcoming updates.

The only question right now is if you want me to remove the borders and just fuck it or wait for 1.1 first, which will be ready in around 2 weeks. Your call.

Can you post the old map and shit for us to download?

http://headsh0t.me/world.zip

I think Muty changed them to be powered by EU's instead of redstone pulses on the server.

Yep.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
The only question right now is if you want me to remove the borders and just fuck it or wait for 1.1 first, which will be ready in around 2 weeks. Your call.
I say we remove the borders and just fuck it. I don't think anything really worth waiting for is coming in 1.1?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I say we remove the borders and just fuck it. I don't think anything really worth waiting for is coming in 1.1?
Small changes to the worldgen that shouldn't require a new world to be applied such as:
  • Biomes are slightly more varied, with differing elevations of land in previously flat biomes.
  • Taiga biomes now contain snow and ice.
  • Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes.
  • Swamp land and water colors now smoothly transition to other biomes.

EDIT: I'm taking down the server for a few mins to update the bukkit plugins.

EDIT2: ITZ up

EDIT3: /sethome workz now

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If we don't wait for 1.1 before dropping the borders, all the waiting so far would be wasted! I'm in favor of keeping the border up until 1.1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom