Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
hmm, maybe some needed classes isnt instantiated properly.
Various calculation functions that needs to be created, when you just copy paste the blocks you skip that part.

Try creating some of IC and BC stuff, pipes, active electricity, etc.

And then try to import shit.

Also what map are you importing from? The one that you ran in 1.0 or the one that's pre 1.0

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I'm copying from the old 1.8 map to a randomly generated new one. I'll try putting some stuff as you said when I get back to my place.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Working on it, there are some serious bugs in the current versions of redpower and buildcraft. I'll push an update very soon.

Apart from that, so far I had zero luck porting the old world to 1.0. I knwo that its going to suck immensely for some of you, but if I don't manage to get it working with the new updates we'll have to move on with a new map.

BulMaster

Educated
Working on it, there are some serious bugs in the current versions of redpower and buildcraft. I'll push an update very soon.

Apart from that, so far I had zero luck porting the old world to 1.0. I knwo that its going to suck immensely for some of you, but if I don't manage to get it working with the new updates we'll have to move on with a new map.

Ah bummer we won't be able to blow up Deus' nuclear reactor even ...

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
MC RPG Codex installer v. 1.0.1:
download: here

Don't forget to delete your .minecraft folder before applying.

I think I managed to fix the client crashes, but I'm still not 100% sure.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
DL link doesn't work :(
Also, isn't it really v. 1.1.1?
Yesterday it was 1.1...

edit: link working now! :)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
K problem solved... by moving the server to more powerful hardware. Fucking java...

Anyway there's a new address, use mc.headsh0t.me to join it.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
By problem solved does that mean...

OK this is stupid there must be a way to import shit to a new map, give me the error logs when you try.
I'll look for a solution.

And setup the portal system we talked about.

Because really, Id rather have what i built with mods then some crappy map content.

BulMaster

Educated
OK this is stupid there must be a way to import shit to a new map, give me the error logs when you try.

Because really, Id rather have what i built with mods then some crappy map content.

Do is smell some interesting feats of engineering by your part?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech

Portal system won't work since the world itself is crashing the server, even on the new hardware.

The errors are related to the pipes in buildcraft and some of the stuff in redpower. I'll pm you the logs, but I've already sunk 3 days of my time trying to get it working and I'm giving up.

It is not about the new map content, it is about the update to 1.0 which is causing the problems. Even if I start the old world on the new server, the new chunks are not generated at all and this is a known proble, just check the minecraft forums.

I think that I did everything that is in my powers to migrate the world, but it didn't work. I know that it sucks badly for those of you that built lots of stuff, but I thought that it was expected that there was a possibility for that to happen.

I'll post a link to download the old world and check for your self if you can think of something ok?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The errors are related to the pipes in buildcraft and some of the stuff in redpower. I'll pm you the logs, but I've already sunk 3 days of my time trying to get it working and I'm giving up.
Would it be possible to clear away just the blocks that are crashing the server, then paste the rest into the new map? Or did you try something like that already?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Would it be possible to clear away just the blocks that are crashing the server, then paste the rest into the new map? Or did you try something like that already?

It is possible and after some examination I think that I saw whats causing crashes. It is bug in the conversion script. I'll give it one more shot, the problem is that it is a very slow and painful process.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
but I thought that it was expected that there was a possibility for that to happen.

Yeah this is always an issue if you mod heavily, and it's very bro-like that you tried to fix it at all (hate doing that, personally). Do post the link if you upload the old world somewhere, I'd like to save my builds for future reference.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So does this work with 1.1 or not? 'cause I just got that... and it's not :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom