Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
http://www.industrial-craft.net/?p=295#comments

ITS OUT!

Prepare for shitload of new content, not only are we upgrading to 10.1, but also the other mods that went ahead.

God damn muty, i hope your holiday has begun.
Same wish to the bukkits modders.

deus101 said:
Also, to everyone. This might be useful(from SA)

Jetsetlemming said:
Hey, my minecraft manager is done!
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/SureR.png[/timg]

Jetset Minecraft Manager is an unofficial sequel to Minecraft Profile Manager, designed to make it more user friendly, with more features and less restrictions. JSMM works by faking the location of your Appdata folder, making Minecraft's launcher think that it's somewhere custom- this is how the utility points Minecraft at your chosen custom profile. This allows you to have multiple separate installations of Minecraft, for the sake of mods, backups, and different update versions, without hassle. There's no restrictions on filename, or folder location- JSMM is completely portable. Just place it somewhere on your computer or a flash drive, put a copy of Minecraft.exe in the same folder, and run it. On first launch, if you haven't manually imported any copies of Minecraft, it will do this for you. No fuss at all. If you want to create a new vanilla copy of Minecraft, it will automatically copy the login info from another profile (if one exists), so you just have to launch the profile, click "Login", and the game will install and be ready to go without effort.

If you want to manually make a profile, make a new folder in "profiles", called whatever you want, and inside that paste your ".minecraft" folder, and create a new text document called "profileinfo.txt". Inside "profileinfo.txt", enter the name you want your profile to be visible as in JSMM (if you skip this step the profile will appear as an empty slot in the dropdown box).

Requirements: Minecraft and anything it requires (such as Java), Windows (only tested in Win7 so far, which is partly why I'm only posting this on a small scale, here on SA), and an up to date install of .NET.

Future features:
1) The dropdown box will be replaced with a list with scroll wheel.
2) Another button on the main window, that opens the folder of the currently selected profile, so you can easily modify it or copy around worlds and such (I may make importing worlds between profiles a thing later on)
3) Support for launching other Minecraft utilities such as Cartograph or MCEdit pointed at your selected profile, for utilities that are designed to assume Minecraft is still installed to AppData.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5d7ldgh0aanij9o

Contact info's in the readme. I'll be making the source code public after JSMM is out of beta.

Nice, thanks.

deus101

Temp, fixed your mass fab system, there are some input changes regarding BC pipes.

Oh...and really...I need to have a chat with Power Crystals....those fishers are seriously cheese.

deus101

Anyone got crashes, try replacting the railcraft config with the one muty posted.

certain items like the crowbar got a different item id on the server then your client.

deus101

Also..:DONT DESTROY MOB SPAWNERS!

We need e'm bones

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Ever since 1.0 I've been getting terrible stuttering when playing minecraft standalone, but not with the browser version. Anybody else with this problem?
EDIT: fixed by installing 64bit java.

Temaperacl

Erudite
deus101 said:
Temp, fixed your mass fab system, there are some input changes regarding BC pipes.

Appreciate it. Was it just top/bottom getting switched for the Mass Fab or something else?

deus101

The server is down..

AND I STIL HAET THIS NEW FORUM SOFTARE!

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Is it just me btw. or has the server gotten a lot more laggy lately? Solar panels caused some lag in SMP earlier at least, if that's still an issue I think we need a limit for their use per player.

1.0 is p. cool, even if only for the ability to abuse snow golems to make uber reactors:

deus101

hm....I just setup a Mob Grinder and put a chunkloader on top of it....maybe its that.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Their use should be limited (pick where you really need em, instead of plopping them down everywhere to make your wheat and shrooms grow while you're logged out), but I'm not sure that's the cause in itself. I mean all it does is simulate a player presence, right? That hasn't caused issues before, so I'm thinking it's some huge solar panel farm or underground quarries (these are banned on a lot of servers for a reason, I guess) - something like that.

I say we blame deus101 and banish him forever to the nether, he's probably up to his mad scientist shenanigans anyway.

deus101

Also...i get laggy at a certain view direction, for example, from my powerplant, if i look towards the village center....THEN it gets laggy

Seems like there are no Z-sorter.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Hrmph, the world borders go right through my oil rig, makes it pretty hard to build anything. : x

Anyone been able to get the chunkloader blocks working with redpower2 stuff? Block breakers at least don't seem to be functioning when I log off.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Luzur, you've an uncanny ability to find the most annoying mod reviewers. What kind of cockchoke accent is that? Fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom