Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs are evolving into..

LCJr.

Erudite
I like beer.

Whiskey's too rough.
Champagne costs to much.
Vodka puts my mouth in gear.
Thats why I explain with a simple refrain,
as a matter of fact I love beer.

Norfleet

stargelman said:
Your vocabulary is flawed. 'Devolving' is the word you meant to use.
Actually, he'd be correct. "Devolving" would imply the reversal of evolution, that of somehow returning to a previous ancestral state. Evolution is not a directed force that necessarily improves things, it merely makes them more suitable for surviving in the present environment, which would be what turning into an MMO would do...in theory.

More likely than not the MMO market will become overly glutted at some point and new ones will fail to achieve critical mass and die. The single player RPG will return to a somewhat low-budget medium catering to the fringe market, as there won't be enough customer base to sustain high-production-value RPGs.

And it's all because people keep buying crap for their spoiled bratty kids instead of making their kids buy their own crap. If people didn't buy things for their kids, people would stop marketing crap to children since CHILDREN DO NOT HAVE MONEY.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
aweigh said:
fizzelopeguss said:
Claw said:
kosie99 said:
Adapt now...

Thanks, but no thanks. You'll find I can live perfectly well without NextGen-RPGs. Maybe I'll buy an Xbox360 and play Gears of War instead.

Fuck overrated gears of war, get lost planet instead.

FFS, support western devs. FUCK the japanese monkeys. Didn't they hurt us enough with their goddamn anime? They've lobotomized an entire generation!

It's an outstanding game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom