Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs in which you play as a nazi

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not necessarily literal nazi as in German citizen in 1930s who has some doubts about some other nations and believes they need to suffer for the good of the Third Reich, but very close, i.e. a fantasy world citizen who has doubts about other citizens and believes they need to suffer for the good of *something*.

Not sure if I described it well, but I'm sure you get the point.

And please, no "it's nazi, but actually he's a good guy." It's not what I mean. I mean literal asshole who will murder others because "it's for the greater good." Not a case in which when he won't murder them then some others will die. He will murder them because they are a stain to the country's image.

No parody games either. Yes, I'm sure there is somewhere some jRPG in which you play as Hitler and have funny dialogs because being nazi is funny or whatever. No. I mean games in which developers were genuine, games in which they meant you to think like a nazi and become a nazi.

I know only one such game.

iu

Nameless one there is completely unscrupulous, has no pity, no compassion, no mercy, and is full of nationalism to the extreme.

Someone's pigeons shat someone elses roof? Death sentence.

Someone ashamed his parents? Death sentence.

Someone uses illusion magic to make animals look better for the buyer? Death sentence. No, not to the cheater. To animals.

Capture.jpg

Ah! A patriot! So do a service to Myrtana! Use your muscles... Butcher his animals. In return for this favor I will give you some gold and recommendation letter. What do you think?

All with dialogs full of patriotism and nationalism:

jjbn.jpg

Only I know what's good for Myrtana. Do not try...

hugh.jpg

He has to die, if it's true. Scum like him cannot breathe Myrtana's air.

Are there other such thought-provoking games?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Geneforge series grants you plenty of opportunities to act like a Nazi who has zero tolerance for wrongthink or silly things like "creation rights".
I distinctly remember how in the first game Obeyers faction members would act quite dejected if you try to act like a progressive anti-slavery guy with them.

deama

Prophet
Overlord? I don't remember it being that goofy.

There's always stuff like democracy. In that one I ended up deporting everyone and only keeping the white athiests.

Iucounu

Educated
a fantasy world citizen who has doubts about other citizens and believes they need to suffer for the good of *something*.
I mean literal asshole who will murder others because "it's for the greater good." Not a case in which when he won't murder them then some others will die. He will murder them because they are a stain to the country's image.
Nameless one there is completely unscrupulous, has no pity, no compassion, no mercy, and is full of nationalism to the extreme.
Isn't that how people have always reasoned throughout history? Nazi Germany wasn't that different.

Froila

Educated
Silent Storm?
Actually, you can be there not just a nazi, but a tranny-nazi. Quite a feature for an early 2000s game.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wasn't Forsaken Gods made by some Indian gentlemen (or am I confusing my Gothic lore)?

Beastro

Arcane
Geneforge series grants you plenty of opportunities to act like a Nazi who has zero tolerance for wrongthink or silly things like "creation rights".
I distinctly remember how in the first game Obeyers faction members would act quite dejected if you try to act like a progressive anti-slavery guy with them.
Both of my original playthroughs of GF 1 and 2 were full clean sweeps wiping out everyone on the map and leaving.

I recall that in the first game the ending I got was me becoming a major assassin of the Shapers sent around to keep people in line.

mondblut

Arcane
i.e. a fantasy world citizen who has doubts about other citizens and believes they need to suffer for the good of *something*.

All of them.

Now, it's easy to kill that pesky Other for the good of the realm/humankind/"goodly races". But try to make trains run on time for a change!

Nah, nazis they are not. Too incompetent.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
I also was going to say Tyranny, you can play it that way.

Also, Rogue Trader.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom