Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Gastrick

Cipher
What are we discussing again? I skimmed the seven pages of the bye-bye thread over there. How much moderation is over there? Were posts erased, posts edited by mods, posters temp/perma banned, ip locked out? Were/are certain opinions NOT allowed?
I read through their forum rules, and something as tame as disagreeing with gay marriage on religious grounds would mean a ban.

Codex Year of the Donut
What are we discussing again? I skimmed the seven pages of the bye-bye thread over there. How much moderation is over there? Were posts erased, posts edited by mods, posters temp/perma banned, ip locked out? Were/are certain opinions NOT allowed?
I read through their forum rules, and something as tame as disagreeing with gay marriage on religious grounds would mean a ban.
I disagree with gay marriage on the grounds that gay people are gross

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
just realized a bunch of non-americans love fallout because they thought it was anti-capitalist lol
o7kqhxkcd7z21.jpg

Humbaba

Arcane
fallout was a critique of communists always flipping over the table when they're losing
just realized a bunch of non-americans love fallout because they thought it was anti-capitalist lol

It's both
nope, it's a commentary on how based capitalism is that it lets you have fucking power armor

if you can't see that it's probably because you're a disgusting turd worlder
Mods, Fallout's central themes discussion thread STAT

Codex Year of the Donut
o7kqhxkcd7z21.jpg
everything bad that happens in fallout happens because the commies invade america to steal their resources though, I have no idea where people get this revisionist shit from

• 2066 Spring As the oil resources dry up across the globe, China's fossil fuel dependency causes an energy crisis in the nation. China, bordering on collapse, becomes more aggressive in its trade talks with the United States. Unwilling to export oil to China, talks between the United States and China break down.
  • 2066 Summer Adding further insult to the Chinese-American relations, the first crude fusion cell is unveiled, one of the results of the Power Armor project. Devices designed for the fusion cell begin to be manufactured. Incorporating fusion power into the general US infrastructure begins, but the process is too slow to supply power to the regions that need it. Nearly thirteen years later, few sections of the United States were supplied with fusion power.
  • 2066 Winter In the winter of 2066, China invades Alaska. The Anchorage Front Line becomes a true battleground.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
everything bad that happens in fallout happens because the commies invade america to steal their resources though, I have no idea where people get this revisionist shit from
In the opening video you see an American soldier execute a Canadian POW and happily wave to the camera, that means America bad.

Codex Year of the Donut
In the opening video you see an American soldier execute a Canadian POW and happily wave to the camera, that means America bad.
can you explain how that's a bad thing?

Humbaba

Arcane
And here I thought that Fallout was about survival and rebuilding and like what that means for humanity, man.

Codex Year of the Donut

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I remember thinking "WTF is RPGWatch" whenever I first heard it here. I was surprised at how dead it was when I went to check what it was. Make no mistake, this was a while coming. For such a general forum to be so dead, it was a clear sign it wasn't long for the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom