Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Rue Valley is an upcoming Disco-like narrative RPG about a man trapped in a time loop

Serus

Arcane
Patron
luj1 Oh noooooooooo

Oh no what? There will be no fake patriotism here. This is a cringe project, I'm not going to defend it.
There are SJWs in every Christian, western, eastern or ex-commie country these days. Every single one. No promised land exxists. Sad but true.

I already wrote my opinion on this game in the thread about Owlcat becoming a publisher so i'll just recap: shit with 95% probability.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Ground Hog Day, … , Ground Hog Day, …

Time loop, … A.K.A. … Reboot, …

Groundhog Day was ripped off a short story called "12:01 PM" by one Richard Lupoff (a chronicler of Lovecraft) and intertwined with romantic populist bullshit as to appeal to a wider audience.

There is a fantastic 1990 film adaptation starring Kurtwood Smith

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
DE was an okay experimental adventure game with some good jokes, but I'm not looking for more of that experience. Also, this looks like a non-edgy copycat version; part of DE's charm was that you could basically play as an asshole for comical value.

KVVRR

Learned
The game absolutely needs to allow you to be an asshole and do some batshit insane things, half the appeal of timeloop games is seeing the protagonist slowly lose it over time. The trailer's too short to really make out anything but outside of the comicbook dialogue boxes I really like the visual style it has. I'll try it once it comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom