Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition (2012)

Shannow

Waster of Time
rain
no end
hellfire

"And, I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to spam the same message again and again, especially outside of General Discussion! And, you will know my name is DarkUnderlord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Just suggestions.

Repressed Homosexual
Why is it OK to post the spinning buttocks cartoon picture with excrement and semen, I thought unsafe pictures in unlabeled threads had to remain outside of IMG tags? Thankfully I was in an environment where people didn't see it and couldn't care less if they had, but it says in the rules that it's supposed to be work/family friendly as far as pictures go. And I prefer to avoid looking at offensive pictures if I don't have to. There's no way to disable IMG tags in XenForo's anemic preferences menu.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Why is it OK to post the spinning buttocks cartoon picture with excrement and semen, I thought unsafe pictures in unlabeled threads had to remain outside of IMG tags? Thankfully I was in an environment where people didn't see it and couldn't care less if they had, but it says in the rules that it's supposed to be work/family friendly as far as pictures go. And I prefer to avoid looking at offensive pictures if I don't have to. There's no way to disable IMG tags in XenForo's anemic preferences menu.
Stop browsing the forum at work, leech with a government job.

PS:
Serves you well for not having Konjad in ignore.

DraQ

Arcane
That's what you get for browsing /gd/.

Pretty much the only things you can't post in GD are illegal pics and dead cats.

Repressed Homosexual

Pretty much the only things you can't post in GD are illegal pics and dead cats.

Errr, no. First, there is no mention of shocking pictures being kosher in GD in the rules. Second, I've seen such pictures removed frequently from threads in GD, most recently pictures of a nude woman.

I suppose nothing is being done because it's me of all people who point it out, but it's a blatant contradiction with the established rules. Some of us would like the images to be of PG-caliber if we'd want to, as is said in rule #2.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's an interesting discussion. I basically dismissed it because it's animated. Also, nobody's actually reported it (well, apart from you here but I mean via the report function, which is why pretty much everything that's been removed has been removed - animated or otherwise). And yeah, you came across as being facetious which did make me wonder why it's always the right-wing conservatives who are the rule Nazis.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Except that it wasn't GD derper:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/make-it-a-new-dex-logo.72372/#post-2103243

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It's an interesting discussion. I basically dismissed it because it's animated. Also, nobody's actually reported it (well, apart from you here but I mean via the report function, which is why pretty much everything that's been removed has been removed - animated or otherwise). And yeah, you came across as being facetious which did make me wonder why it's always the right-wing conservatives who are the rule Nazis.
It's also hard to see what it actually is. You have to really look at it to see. Not like a blatantly obvious cock, for example.

DraQ

Arcane

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/make-it-a-new-dex-logo.72372/#post-2103243
Well, it suggests new Codex logo which makes it risky by default.

Repressed Homosexual

Well, it suggests new Codex logo which makes it risky by default.

Really? Because someone could think a shock picture would be a logical choice for the emblem of a site, the first thing anyone not necessarily familiar with the more controversial content of the site sees when browsing it?

I don't even care that much, and I wouldn't mind at all if I had a way to disable IMG tags without also disabling all the avatars and banners and emoticons. But you have to admit, what good are these rules when they're not applied across the board? I mean man, I don't mean to harp on semantics, but this is pretty much your own rule, just as you've decided to write it.

It's also hard to see what it actually is. You have to really look at it to see. Not like a blatantly obvious cock, for example.

OK, so that means you wouldn't mind browsing this site and threads where the gif is posted when your grandmother is around and could look up your shoulder?

Not that this site is really appropriate to browse at any other time than when you're on your own (which I do 99,5% of the time), but I think it's stretching it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Really? Because someone could think a shock picture would be a logical choice for the emblem of a site, the first thing anyone not necessarily familiar with the more controversial content of the site sees when browsing it?
Calling this:

2qvt7jd.gif

... a shock picture is a bit of a stretch.

It'd be like complaining about this: :bounce:

I don't even care that much
Yep. Didn't suspect you did. I treat serious requests seriously and I retreat sirius requests siriusly. As I've said, in the rules no less, that requests made via PM are treated seriously and dealt with appropriately, while facetious requests made in Site Feedback will generally be ignored or result in some other shenanigans occuring other than what was requested.

, and I wouldn't mind at all if I had a way to disable IMG tags without also disabling all the avatars and banners and emoticons.
Make your own custom browser CSS hack for the codex. I don't care enough to implement any sort of feature just for you to do this.

But you have to admit, what good are these rules when they're not applied across the board? I mean man, I don't mean to harp on semantics, but this is pretty much your own rule, just as you've decided to write it.
Basically, the rules exist for idiots and morons like FretRider who like to play Rule Nazi. They're a way to ward off people who come here, thinking they can create a new account and get away with being a complete fucking retard because you know "the Codex doesn't ban people!" or "there were no rules! How would I know posting pictures of me raping my dog aren't allowed!!?". And all the other bullshit idiots like to pull.

I'm not your local law enforcement officer. This isn't a place where you can lawyer your way out because the law says everyone's entitled to one plant and this shed full of plants you've just brought in all have a different persons' name on each of them. This is my playground. If I decide to kick a kid out, I kick a kid out. The rules are a nice guideline to give people an idea on what they can expect - and to ward off idiots who think they're going to get away with pulling shit. The rules are also handy for the moderators or staff when deciding what action to take - simply because sadly, I am not the Alpha and the Omega and I can't be everywhere at once.

You fuck with me because you want to play stupid games, or think you can pull any kind of shit here, I will delete your entire forum existence without hesitation and merrily carry on as if you never existed. And the fun part is: I'm the one who gets to decide who's pulling shit. Not you. Sometimes I take the advice of the moderators, sometimes baby arm takes care of it, sometimes I just randomly nuke people for shits 'n giggles myself. And yes, sometimes I take into consideration concerns raised by the members of this forum - but only if I believe they're not pulling shit themselves.

Basically you're being a cock and I've got no interest in taking any sort of action over an animated shitting and pissing "lump".

OK, so that means you wouldn't mind browsing this site and threads where the gif is posted when your grandmother is around and could look up your shoulder?
Why am I not surprised that Hhr is posting from his Grandmother's house?

circ

Arcane
Also, adblock and probably a number of other addons will block selective images of your choice in about a second. But of course if I recall HHR is using Chrome, still, there's got to be something like that even for a piece of crap browser like that.

Repressed Homosexual
, and I wouldn't mind at all if I had a way to disable IMG tags without also disabling all the avatars and banners and emoticons.
Make your own custom browser CSS hack for the codex. I don't care enough to implement any sort of feature just for you to do this.

But you have to admit, what good are these rules when they're not applied across the board? I mean man, I don't mean to harp on semantics, but this is pretty much your own rule, just as you've decided to write it.
Basically, the rules exist for idiots and morons like FretRider who like to play Rule Nazi. They're a way to ward off people who come here, thinking they can create a new account and get away with being a complete fucking retard because you know "the Codex doesn't ban people!" or "there were no rules! How would I know posting pictures of me raping my dog aren't allowed!!?". And all the other bullshit idiots like to pull.

I'm not your local law enforcement officer. This isn't a place where you can lawyer your way out because the law says everyone's entitled to one plant and this shed full of plants you've just brought in all have a different persons' name on each of them. This is my playground. If I decide to kick a kid out, I kick a kid out. The rules are a nice guideline to give people an idea on what they can expect - and to ward off idiots who think they're going to get away with pulling shit. The rules are also handy for the moderators or staff when deciding what action to take - simply because sadly, I am not the Alpha and the Omega and I can't be everywhere at once.

You fuck with me because you want to play stupid games, or think you can pull any kind of shit here, I will delete your entire forum existence without hesitation and merrily carry on as if you never existed. And the fun part is: I'm the one who gets to decide who's pulling shit. Not you. Sometimes I take the advice of the moderators, sometimes baby arm takes care of it, sometimes I just randomly nuke people for shits 'n giggles myself. And yes, sometimes I take into consideration concerns raised by the members of this forum - but only if I believe they're not pulling shit themselves.

Basically you're being a cock and I've got no interest in taking any sort of action over an animated shitting and pissing "lump".

*I* would prefer not to see NSFW pictures even when such status might be subjective (I genuinely do), and posted about it because I thought rules were to be constant, not to harp on something. But well, in a nutshell, this is a private forum, which means having to cope with things I don't necessarily agree with, but it's not like I ever considered it otherwise. I was just wondering what your rationale on this was (illustrated by my "across the board" comment), but now I do. Let's move on.

Why am I not surprised that Hhr is posting from his Grandmother's house?

I'd certainly never do this. This is just a litmus test.

Also, adblock and probably a number of other addons will block selective images of your choice in about a second. But of course if I recall HHR is using Chrome, still, there's got to be something like that even for a piece of crap browser like that.

Firefox mostly. They won't prevent them from showing up in the first place, but maybe there's a way. Or maybe XenForo will one day finally offer that function like every other forum software.

EG

Nullified
Options -> Content -> Load Images Automatically -> [Exceptions...] -> |http:\\ww.rpgcodex.net| [block]

Happy trails, to you.

EG

Nullified
Lol. Right, DraQ. Forgot about adding the specific image host.

Oh, my stupidity . . .

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Why is it OK to post the spinning buttocks cartoon picture with excrement and semen
bro is your semen yellow-greenish? there might be something wrong with you, maybe avoiding all that wheat was a bad idea

because why else would you assume that was semen, I'm not sure it's even supposed to leak like that

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom