Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rumor: Bethesda has been in turmoil since the death of their CEO

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Yeah he worked for a bank that:

falsified its accounts for years, defrauded depositors of billions of dollars and been involved in money-laundering and other illegal activity.

But was totally a stand up guy. "I don't know nothing about that your honor, now here's 5 mil to go away."

:nocountryforshitposters:

And he still stole Bethesda in a manner consistent with certain persons' long documented standards of behavior.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Most people have no idea how the American court system works. People end up in court every day who do not deserve to be there.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Most people have no idea how the American court system works. People end up in court every day who do not deserve to be there.
Well, I do know that americans love to sue the hell out of each other.
And to not get legally married in the U.S, unless you want to get screwed BIG TIME by the judges and court system (if you are a man, especially a white one).
Am I getting this right?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Well, I do know that americans love to sue the hell out of each other.
And to not get legally married in the U.S, unless you want to get screwed BIG TIME by the judges and court system (if you are a man, especially a white one).
Am I getting this right?

The court system in the US, and everywhere in the world that has one, is shit. It favours money, power, and women. Always.

In the US, you do have the right to sue people for just about anything it seems, but most people I know have just gotten speeding tickets or other minor offenses and didn't need to go to court. Divorce rate is high, which can lead to court, but it usually gets settled out. The US has high profile everything because of the media machine and other countries obsessive interest in the US. These very frivolous lawsuits get highly publicized. Anyways, most people in my experience have never had to go to court nor have they sued anyone.

Most people are still stupid enough to get married (I am not excluding myself). As stated, divorce rate is through the roof. But it is in most places that allow divorce. White men are indeed the ones to suffer the most from the current system. Women, all colours, always get put on a pedestal, given the most concessions, and the most benefit of the doubt. On a sidenote, I know a good many people in the US, Canada and UK, that are not divorced, raising a family, and doing quite well.

We should get this back on topic though.

Bethesda will never make a good game again, even if their ceo was still kicking.

Doctor Gong

Literate
Yeah he worked for a bank that:

falsified its accounts for years, defrauded depositors of billions of dollars and been involved in money-laundering and other illegal activity.

But was totally a stand up guy. "I don't know nothing about that your honor, now here's 5 mil to go away."
Well I guess you don't recall what this was about.

Altman was a lawyer with his own firm, he represented companies before federal regulators as his bread and butter. A group of Arab investors bought what became First American Bankshares, and Altman represented those Arabs. They made him the bank President. The Arab Investors took loans from BCCI that used their shares as collateral, and defaulted on the loans, so BCCI gained ownership. The Government claimed that Altman knew the shares where in default and was working for BCCI. A judge laughed out most of the DOJ case and threw it out, and the Jury did not convict Altman Even if Altman didn't even call one witness in defense as the federal case was so weak.

He had no plans to go back to banking (as he was back being a lawyer and soon to be a co-founder of Zenimax) and had already spent around 10 million in his defense. He knew he would have to spend about the same amount to defend the civil case (even if the criminal case was thrown out) so he was offered for it to go away by paying 5 million. The Joys of the US legal system. (Had to learn way too much about BCCI in university, and this was a famous "is there any sort of american we can charge with a crime so we look like we are doing something" as BCCI only involvemnt in US banking was the bank shares they owned when loans defaulted.)

TL:DR: Government famously tried to railroad him and he happened to have enough money to actually defend himself.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Honestly, I only checked the thread to see if somehow Microsoft was involved in his death.

My disappointment is immeasurable.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
What I would not give to play a game as good as Fallout 3 or Fallout : New Vegas again.

Not going to happen. Anything in this world is only good as long as it takes the retards to get their boots on and show up to improvament it.

America is a great example of this. Every successful thing begins to sow the seeds of its own destruction because a successful thing made by others is like catnip to retards ... and retards are like the sands of the oceans, nearly infinite. Eventually all must fall to the slow erosion of severe retardation.

dsndo

Educated
(Altman took care of a lot of people, he was by all accounts a good dude)
This is the same guy who manipulated Bethesda's founder Christopher Weaver out of his own company, was intimately involved with the Bank of Credit and Commerce International scandal, and consequently was permanently barred from banking? Perhaps the sycophants at Bethesda sung only praises of their boss, but everything I'd ever learned of that guy gave me the impression that he was a major douchebag.
IIRC, the criminal case fell apart, with the Judge throwing out the main charge, the Jury not convicting him even if he did not mount a defense in the court, and the DOJ forced to drop all the charges. He agreed not to be a banker to get rid of a civil lawsuit the government charged.

When a guy has a ton of charges filed on him and judges throw them out it not much of a case.
The charges were dropped because he was a high level intelligence asset with direct connections to the same network Jeffery Epstein's blackmail ring was connected to. He didn't bother mounting a defense because these disputes are handled behind closed doors in Tel Aviv. BCCI was running one of the largest sex trafficking rings in the Middle East with clientele including the UAE royal families and Pakistani military elite. Altman was laundering money for them plus a lot more.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
(Altman took care of a lot of people, he was by all accounts a good dude)
This is the same guy who manipulated Bethesda's founder Christopher Weaver out of his own company, was intimately involved with the Bank of Credit and Commerce International scandal, and consequently was permanently barred from banking? Perhaps the sycophants at Bethesda sung only praises of their boss, but everything I'd ever learned of that guy gave me the impression that he was a major douchebag.
IIRC, the criminal case fell apart, with the Judge throwing out the main charge, the Jury not convicting him even if he did not mount a defense in the court, and the DOJ forced to drop all the charges. He agreed not to be a banker to get rid of a civil lawsuit the government charged.

When a guy has a ton of charges filed on him and judges throw them out it not much of a case.
The charges were dropped because he was a high level intelligence asset with direct connections to the same network Jeffery Epstein's blackmail ring was connected to. He didn't bother mounting a defense because these disputes are handled behind closed doors in Tel Aviv. BCCI was running one of the largest sex trafficking rings in the Middle East with clientele including the UAE royal families and Pakistani military elite. Altman was laundering money for them plus a lot more.
... and yet I have worked for psychopaths myself. I noticed a big difference between successful psychopaths and the usual losers and pathetic oxygen thieves in corporations is that the psychopaths see to it their minions are well paid on time and receive adequate remuneration for their efforts.

The midwit corporate desk mushrooms are the ones who stiff your invoice for six months right after you deliver your best work yet to them. These retards like pretending to be savvy.

The savvy psychopaths understand cause and effect. They are successful because they know who really butters the bread. You'll notice anybody who worked for Altman says positive things about him. I do too when the evil James Bond villain praises me openly and sees to it I am paid in full before he exits out his emergency escape torpedo.

"Cleve is possibly one of the best programmers we have ever employed here. Your checks are clearing the bank now. Forgive me, I must make a swift exit before interpol arrives." (Gives me an embrace and kisses me on both cheeks before leaving) What do you think I am going to say about the guy when asked? He was the salt of the earth, even if he did blow up the moon.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
happened to have enough money to actually defend himself.
Because he stole it. Are you for real?

The government knew he profited illegally and they shook him down for a cut. That's all.

In any case we're talking about a dude who:

-Convinced Christopher Weaver to hand over Bethesda in exchange for nothing.
-Set up a new company, Zenimax, using Bethesda for collateral.
-Fired Weaver and kept Bethesda.

This is akin to getting a second mortgage to pay some debts only to have the bank call in the loan right away. You end up with no money and no house. It's illegal usury, plain and simple. Not a good person.

There's only certain kind of people who get these loans. If Weaver had sought funding on his own, he probably wouldn't have had any luck. Only by signing over the deed to someone like Altman would he get the money.

It's an old scam, many such cases.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
its also not the first time that the games industry has had a connection to that type of thing. Robbert Maxwell (Ghislane's Dad) pulled similar shady moves, Richard Garriott was seen with Ghislane because his wife is a massive glower. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laetitia_Garriott_de_Cayeux and yes I am aware the Australian connection leads her to Adelaide. I've been paranoid about something for a reason.

But its just video games right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom