Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Seems pretty cool.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a save game patch for the Steam version that isn't broken from what I could tell, that'd be easier to deal with.
Thanks for the info.

For now, I just pay attention, if the phrase "Save complete" appears or not.
If yes, everything is ok. There is no real need to recheck the save time, which I did before.

So, it is not a big deal, if you are aware of the bug.

Yep I had this bug with both 0 and Kiwami 1. I just pressed save until the "Save complete" message appeared and as long as you don't load the save before you've done a successful full save it's easily recoverable.

I only lost progress once when I noticed my inventory was corrupted about 30 mins later.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I only lost progress once when I noticed my inventory was corrupted about 30 mins later.
What does that even look like?

Inventory was totally garbled and fucked up. I had car parts in my equipment slots and all the other items were wrong.

No idea how it affected character stats or if any of the items were actually still usable in the correct context.

Derringer

Prophet
There's a save game patch for the Steam version that isn't broken from what I could tell, that'd be easier to deal with.
Thanks for the info.

For now, I just pay attention, if the phrase "Save complete" appears or not.
If yes, everything is ok. There is no real need to recheck the save time, which I did before.

So, it is not a big deal, if you are aware of the bug.
Yeah, I had to figure that out since the earliest release saving was completely broken.

Modron

Arcane
Kiryu can't be James Bond because he doesn't fuck.
Kiryu has banged at least 4 dozen women over the course of the series and like 3-4 trannies if you make some mistakes. You're right he could have really pumped those numbers up a lot higher since half of that was probably in the 80s.

Endemic

Arcane
Kiryu has banged at least 4 dozen women over the course of the series and like 3-4 trannies if you make some mistakes. You're right he could have really pumped those numbers up a lot higher since half of that was probably in the 80s.

Not to mention some more serious relationships in Yakuza 2 and 5.

Modron

Arcane
Just reminding people that Kurohyou 1 translation has been released, seems like it's everything but hostesses which should arrive at a later date just scroll down the following page (and they seem to be working on 2 announced projects as well):
https://www.teamk4l.com/project-download

I am sure somebody more motivated could pull up a twitter announcement.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Not to mention some more serious relationships in Yakuza 2 and 5.
serious relationship in yakuza 2? he went out with sayama like once and she started dating some american once she moved there to train

Nirvash

Liturgist
What does that even look like?

Inventory was totally garbled and fucked up. I had car parts in my equipment slots and all the other items were wrong.

No idea how it affected character stats or if any of the items were actually still usable in the correct context.
0 inventory bug is a save bug, just keep saving until "save complete".
I played 0 to 6 on pc and that's the ONLY crash i had, solid ports.

Well, i finally started 7, on the false premise 8 was soon but no, is the kiryu james bond.

Ok ch 5, holy shit the absolute tedium of the "dungeon", please no more.
I'm not sold on the characters and the combat, i can see ichiban being a memelord makes the dumbass sidequest "legit", but this really damages the main story drama.
I love nursehobo but the poor dude got no place in the frontline, at least give him a slingshot or something for a ranged role. (this game needed to be tactical)
Girl and old cop are a absolute bore.

oasis789

Arcane
its kind of incredible that judgment has become the spark that ignited a war between scene crackers

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
its kind of incredible that judgment has become the spark that ignited a war between scene crackers

What's the latest? Will Denuvo finally come crashing down?
Admittedly, I had perfect performance in both those games despite Denuvo, so I'm glad I bought them.

Endemic

Arcane
lolololol hostesses got real videos?

t6GSJFI.png

Elttharion

Learned
Just finished Lost Judgement and the DLC.
  • Combat is probably the best in the series in terms of moves and options, unfortunately the game was also very easy on hard.
  • Story was pretty good but I think the first game had a better story, it felt more personal for Yagami. I felt like some characters like Saori, Mafuyu and Hoshino were underutilized and I expected Saori to have a bigger presence in the game than what she had in the end.
  • The school club minigames were mostly garbage but there were some fun characters and side stories there. Fuck the robotics and the gang minigames in particular.
  • I had so much money from the VR minigame substories that it trivialized the games economy.
  • I felt that the substories were better than in the first game but still overall worse than the ones in Yakuza 7.
  • The stalking and chasing were improved but I still think they are boring parts of the gameplay, wouldnt mind there being less of them.
  • I missed looking for the cats during investigations.
Overall it was a pretty good game. I am not sure if they plan to continue the Judgement series or even if they will keep Yagami as the protagonist but I would happily play another game in the series with him as the main character. :4/5:

Also Kaito is a huge bro and I was happy he had a happy ending on his DLC. I kept expecting them to just kill the chick at some point during the last fight of the DLC.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
seems like Judgment got cracked recently by our favorite tranny
Yeah, finally I got a chance to play it, coz they refused to take my blood drenched shekels on Steam.
Now this Empress dude better hurry up and crack Lost Judgemnt and Ishin too.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
We all knew it was some dude trolling, but that's pretty hilarious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom