Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Caim

Arcane
"Sprout Scattering" doesn't really sound like a Yakuza 0 move, but Essence of Sprouts does sound like something Ichiban would use.

Nelka

Educated
Gamepass finally good for something, but minus points for not including Judgment duology. Literally what.

obraz.png

kyosuke

Educated
Patron
I want to start experiencing the Life and Suffering of Kiryu Kazuma and friends as a total newbie to the series,, should I start playing from Y0 or Y1/YK?
I tried to search through the interwebs and there's many who recommend Y0 and many for YK so I'm sorta confused.

quixotic

Learned
I want to start experiencing the Life and Suffering of Kiryu Kazuma and friends as a total newbie to the series,, should I start playing from Y0 or Y1/YK?
I tried to search through the interwebs and there's many who recommend Y0 and many for YK so I'm sorta confused.
I started with 0 and moved on to Kiwami 1 and K2 but after playing most of the series I have to say that the original Yakuza 1 and 2 are just better in general, especially 2. Kiwami 2’s an awful remake. Make sure to get an undubbed rom of 1 unless you want to hear some REALLY campy and mostly shitty voice acting.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Play OG Yakuza 1, 2, 3, then 4, 5, 6. Then play 0. If after that, you want to continue with Ichiban's story, do that.

But the order would have to be:

Yakuza: Like A Dragon (Yakuza 7) Ichiban as main character - Turn-based
Like A Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name (Kiryu intermission game. What does he do between Yakuza 7 and Yakuza 8)
Yakuza: Infinite Wealth (Yakuza 8) - Ichiban as mani character - Turn-based

Alternatively, check some compilation videos for the games you don't want to play. Yakuza 1, 2, 3, 6, and TMWEHN are all beateable within a reasonable amount of time. 4 and 5 are massive games if you do most things. 7 and 8 are also big ass games.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
you sound gay, you may wanna man the fuck up before tackling Yakuza

cruel

Cipher
Do you think people creating games actually play them at some point? Chapter 13 of Infinite Slog, at some point you need to run away from some bad guys. While running, you encounter an enemy group - similar level to yours, easy fight, crappy rewards, zero challenge. Then the next group, after that another, another, and another - I counted more than 20 before I stopped counting. Why? What's the point? Why the game throws 20+ same enemy groups in short intervals, giving you zero challenge, poor rewards and very little experience? What's the logic here? Another trend in modern gaming I hate, stretching the game by wasting players time.

Modron

Arcane
Why the game throws 20+ same enemy groups in short intervals, giving you zero challenge, poor rewards and very little experience? What's the logic here?
This is what you get for not speaking up about Sawyerism 2 decades ago.
:nofunallowed:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom