Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming November 20th

Drakortha

Liturgist
If anything doesn't make sense it is the lack of massive overgrowth everywhere. I have seen more overgrown lawns in my neighborhood.
Just take one look at photos from the real zone in spring/summer.

This goes for the original games as well.
There should be overgrowth, yes. But in nuSTALKER it's in the wrong place. The overgrowth should be focused along the side of the road and on buildings, and areas less traveled.

The grass in the middle of the road looks even more retarded when you notice the surrounding buildings are untouched.

Dark Souls II

Educated
Who cares about the foliage? The real problem is that none of the gameplay shown so far has displayed even a second of actual Stalker combat.

As in, carefully approach some type of a compound from distance while avoiding anomalies and hiding behind trees and such, circling the perimeter while trying not to get spotted, scouting it with binoculars, deciding on the way to go, probably eliminating the look-outs with a scoped rifle before coming closer to eventually carefully eliminate the remaining enemies one by one after securing a carefully pre-planned cover, one that will allow you to use grenades tactically because if you try to run and gun you will die very quickly.

Nu-Stalker, aka Soyker: Soydow of Soynobyl? Pew pew pew, run and gun, just strafe around while spraying a rifle full auto. Typical goyslop soyplay thas nothing to do with the original Stalker games.

Dark Souls II

Educated
I have no idea what games you played but it sure as fuck wasn't Stalker.
Vanilla Stalkers on master difficulty + some vanilla+ type mods that don't change much except making the game more realistic. Also, literally every notable Stalker mod made in the last 15+ years focuses on the type of gameplay that I described.

Also, even vanilla Stalker with zero mods has bullet physics + bullet drop instead of hitscan, and the only point of that is amplifying the gameplay loop that I described, so I'm wondering which Stalker games did YOU play. Vanilla games on low difficulty? You never played any notable mods in the past 15 years, faggot? Try doing run and gun in Misery, Anomaly or any other worthwhile mod, tell me how it goes.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Vanilla Stalkers on master difficulty + some vanilla+ type mods that don't change much except making the game more realistic. Also, literally every notable Stalker mod made in the last 15+ years focuses on the type of gameplay that I described.

Also, even vanilla Stalker with zero mods has bullet physics + bullet drop instead of hitscan, and the only point of that is amplifying the gameplay loop that I described, so I'm wondering which Stalker games did YOU play. Vanilla games on low difficulty? You never played any notable mods in the past 15 years, faggot? Try doing run and gun in Misery, Anomaly or any other worthwhile mod, tell me how it goes.
I remember wounded NPC's laying on the ground begging for help. You could choose to finish them off or otherwise a nearby friendly ally would oblige. You also had things like NPC's avoiding anomalies, moving and looting corpses, and healing their allies. Granted, some of this was only possible with mods. But these are features that should be baseline in a long awaited sequel.

Who wants to bet that in S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 NPC's only have 2 states; Alive, or a dead ragdoll on the ground.

Last edited:

actor

Literate

What other mods have u played that aren't overtuned bullshit

ArchAngel

Arcane

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
An article about the game's performance, they say it's so well optimized that the Xbox version maintains 60 fps* even though the game is using UE5 features like Lumen and Nanite. GSC is also thinking of adding extra ray tracing features on PC.

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Stal...mescom-2024-Hands-on-Trailer-Release-1454333/
*at dynamic downscaling to 540p
60 frames is 60 frames.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom