Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is an amazing game...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Fez said:
the endgame wasn't always as good as it could be (rather poor in Clear Sky).
Clear Sky's ending was a very odd choice to make considering the difference between release order and in-story chronology. If you played CS after SOC then CS's ending (and the entire game's story, really) is completely pointless. I ended up playing CS first, got to the ending and hated it for being incomprehensible, then when I got towards the end of SOC it suddenly all made sense.

I'm not much of a fan of the usual concrete corridor shooters and the WW2 games as I've played them all so many times. I get my FPS fun from these, although I'm open to trying out any others that do something different.
Yeah that's what I loved most about STALKER. No corridors, no WW2 setting, none of the dreadfully boring stuff you find in almost all modern FPSs.

I'm noticing a bit of the negative feeling seems to be towards the 3rd game which I've got, but yet to play through. Have they dramatically changed it some some way I wasn't aware of?
Most of the changes are for the better IMO. The engine optimization is better than in CS, the game is very stable out of the box (a first in the series) and the atmosphere, while not as good as in SOC's X18, is better than CS's. I haven't finished it yet but so far it seems the best and most polished one.

Wyrmlord said:
(An alternative end level, if you make extra effort)
I loved that whole thing (though the story reveal was... weird). An FPS with multiple endings and a true hidden ending is pretty unusual. And I loved that you had to work to get that best ending - no handholding, no "YOU WILL NOT GET THE BEST ENDING IF YOU PROCEED!" neon sign, but enough clues that something is up to make you look for it if you pay attention to the clues.

Phelot

Arcane
I found that CoP doesn't support DX9 that much anymore? The graphics look terrible in it, but I had the Russian version, is it changed in the US?

Also, I agree with STALKER being a nice change from corridors, but the first game had a brilliant blend of human vs human action and scary as fuck underground areas with mutants. Sadly, CS did away with just about all of the latter.

Fez

Erudite
Sceptic said:
Clear Sky's ending was a very odd choice to make considering the difference between release order and in-story chronology. If you played CS after SOC then CS's ending (and the entire game's story, really) is completely pointless. I ended up playing CS first, got to the ending and hated it for being incomprehensible, then when I got towards the end of SOC it suddenly all made sense.

Thankfully I played SOC first, so I didn't get the added confusion you had. I didn't mind the idea of it being set in that period as long as the story and world was interesting to explore. How many games with a historical setting have been made and work okay even though we know the Allies won or Napoleon lost? I can accept that part. It's how you do it that matters. The end battle sequence was dreadful and a confusing mess though and seem to jar to a halt before rolling the cut scene to lead it into the first game. Limansk was pretty sloppy too, which was a shame as it could have had potential.

I mentioned it already, but give Total Factional Warfare or some of the other Clear Sky mods a try if you haven't done so. I think there's still some life left in CS judging from those, so long as the fans keep modding. Of course the same recommendation goes to anyone else who hasn't tried the mods on SOC and I'd imagine COP will get a similar treatment.

Sounds like I should be fine with CoP. Nothing alarming mentioned so far, although I hear the bandits are unusually docile compared to previous games.

Luzur

Good Sir
phelot said:
I found that CoP doesn't support DX9 that much anymore? The graphics look terrible in it, but I had the Russian version, is it changed in the US?

Also, I agree with STALKER being a nice change from corridors, but the first game had a brilliant blend of human vs human action and scary as fuck underground areas with mutants.

Lab X with those invisible bucket throwing things scared me.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Fez said:
Thankfully I played SOC first, so I didn't get the added confusion you had.
To be honest I don't mind it anymore because it was worth it for the "AHA! NOW I understand the CS ending!" moment that I got at the end of SOC.

The end battle sequence was dreadful and a confusing mess though and seem to jar to a halt before rolling the cut scene to lead it into the first game.
I noticed the CS sequence at the NPP was hugely bugged. Strelok suddenly being invulnerable to the Gauss, Strelok suddenly being on the ground and NOT MOVING AT ALL (there's even a walkthrough that describes this as the NORMAL way to finish the game), other really stupid oddities with the spawning of the Monolithians or Strelok suddenly deciding to ally with them against you... it was a big mess. Patch 10 and SRP 1.01 seem to have fixed everything (not sure if you even need SRP) and the sequence is now pretty involving actually. I like the sense of urgency you get from running after Strelok while being slowed down by Monolith, then catching up to him because he's being slowed down by them as well. Now that I think of it I always get him before he can get to the top of the main building, I should try and see if there's a nonstandard game over if he gets away.

Limansk was pretty sloppy too, which was a shame as it could have had potential.
That was the most disappointing part of the game. It could've been great, but instead it's a linear corridor, the same thing the entire rest of the game was trying to avoid! Getting around the space anomalies and through the construction site was a lot of fun but the rest was just meh. There were also some horrible invisible barriers, behind some not-very-damaging anomalies. It just reeks of rushed design.

I mentioned it already, but give Total Factional Warfare or some of the other Clear Sky mods a try if you haven't done so.
TFW seems like a fun TC. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Sounds like I should be fine with CoP. Nothing alarming mentioned so far, although I hear the bandits are unusually docile compared to previous games.
Not any more docile than CS. You could JOIN them there, remember?

Tails

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
Except they do spawn by the will of the trigger.
There is no life in that world, just a bunch of sand-in-the-eyes triggers.
There a no spawning is dynamic not triggered overall, only in case of few tasks.

Tells that nothing has changed since SoC huh?
Only if you are rabid hater.

They were far more detailed and that's all. Underground locations make the absolutely dead and boring world better how?
Maps are bigger, more detailed then in SoC and have mentioned underground caves, some complex and most important are photo-realistic, to the places in Zone with some changes of course. It's matter of taste in this case, I didn't find them fantastic but pretty good, they didn't give me a feeling of tightness like in SoC. Exploration is enjoyable. Stashes are not easy spot table backpacks placed somewhere under three, but properly hiden and require various aproach to get them like shotting down. Also, they got some nice surprises for explorers, which I don't want to spoil.
Btw. it quiet ironic how you bitch about overpopulated zone in SoC, then said "I would play this mod if the locations will be some empty" after seeing AMK 2.0 video in older thread and now flip-flop.

Probably because side tasks are all about shitty FedEx?
Some are, some not, and even if they are, you can approach them in various ways.

I robbed a few bandits beforehand on the bridge.
You took the bait, mango. Even if you kill 100 bandits (tested) the overall group neutral attitude doesn't change towards you.

Let's see. Guns are shit - all of them. They can't deal any real damage to unarmoured targets (7-10 bullets to put down a guy in the leather jacket, are you kidding me?), they can't hit for shit. Bullets are flying everywhere but where I aim. The effective range of AK is about 50 meters (compared to 400m IRL). Of course it isn't realistic, it's just crap.
Some of things are matter of taste. Stalker was never suppose to be realistic, you can upgrades guns to make more damage, less wear etc. Overall, the point is upgrading your toys. Saying that they can't hit shit means you fail at shooting which is weird, since you play so realistic ArmA 2. Overall if that pains you so much there are already modifications that try/did (never tested them) making CoP more realistic.
I never had problems with hitting target with basic weapons when playing without crosshair. I don't get what you mean exactly by "Bullets are flying everywhere but where I aim." If you talk about enemies accuracy, it's complete lie. Enemies are pretty accurate, without taking cover you get bullet by bullet.

No how about you'll post what's so good about Stalker instead? There wasn't a single argument from people in this thread besides "durr hurr" and "I can LARP that I'm in the ZONE immershun". You can fight the decline.
You should take care of your own decline first buddy, since your arguments are based on empty assumptions. Before you say your favorite "You must play game to criticize it!", no you don't have. Yet you need at least have some knowledge about the game, which you lack in case of CoP completely. But let's go (btw. I will compare some stuff to SoC):

-Maps, but I wrote about them before.

-Artifacts Anomalies: Artifacts no longer increase bullet or rapture protection, only from environment (fire, electricy etc.), there are specific artifacts to decrease radiation. They don't lie randomly on ground like in SoC, you need to use proper Detector (Four types available) to detect (some need better ones) them, like in SoC. Also they change location in the anomaly randomly instead of staying in the same place all the time. More types of Anomalies, which dangerous spots change every blowout and are deadly without proper protection (quiet problematic when you have to chase them).

-Upgrades system, which puts emphasis on choosing one thing above another, without way to go back. Some guns like Sniper rifles have one or more optional upgrades which doesn't require previous. Armours now have limited amount of containers for artifacts (less, more or no at all) which can be upgraded, in some cases at cost of other upgrade. You need also to find better tools to get better upgrades, placed in different places more or less accessible.

-Task which you can acquire and finish in various way, including switching sides, some will happen at specific hour. For example (SPOILERS):
You can talk to Sultan (Bandits kingpin), agree for his proposal of attacking Stalkers in other ship, then go to the Beard and tell him about this. At this point you can decide if you still stick to Sultan side, help Stalkers (you can either go with Bandits like nothing happen or to Stalkers and made ambush with them), or just say that's not your business.
In Jupiter Factory, there are two Stalkers who complain about they buddy being captured by Bandits. Both are arguing in which way he should be saved - by paying the ransom or force. In this place player can help them decide to: a) Pay the ransom (artifact) and go as messenger b) Use force - selling artifact to hire some Stalkers to help you in Assault c) Say that you can take them on your own (which is not easy) to get bigger reward. Of course you can decline and after some time they friend will be killed by Bandits.
One of the non-fetch task is related to a guy in Jupiter who will talk lies how he awesome is and did something, also your achievements. He can be unmask in various way - including proving that he was telling lies (requires some work) or in other way which I won't spoil.
One Stalker (to which other task is related) in Skvadorsk will ask you to take a case from a car, which fall underground. After finishing this task, you can either go to him and split the loot (you can get one or more items, depends what you take) or go to Cardan and get everything after paying the prise for unlocking it. Of course if someone finds the place before getting the task, the case will be still there and also you can take it to Cardan.
Few task can be acquire just by wandering of surprise. In Zaton there are Mercenaries and you can propose them to bring some food. After doing that you will be free to check their "camp" and find tools for Cardan. It also affects later part of the game. There are also task that can be finished in non-violent way, like mentioned with Mercs, Ransom and one more for sure. And the only task that you can do around and around, is artifact hunting for Beard.

-Achievements, which are more then "You killed 100 mutants! so awesome!" and are gained by doing not only tasks. Some are easier or hader to earn and also have good sites and bad. Getting Friend of Freedom/Duty except of making this faction friendly towards you, can make Duty/Freedom units hostile in terrain (some could be neutral, depends from few factors), Traders sell unique equipment for the given factions (especially Armour), decrease prices at some or other Traders/Repair men, depends what fraction they like. Another thing is that Freedom/Duty units can help you out if they are close when you are attacked. Once I was entering tunnel in Jupiter factory and attacked by two Cotrollers. Few moments later two Duty guys which I meet on the way, run to me and help out, then go.

-Many nice touches related to NPCs (Plot or non related, at last they have some personalities: Cardan, Noah, Tremor etc.), Mutants (specific attack(s) for Bloodsucker and Pseudogiant, they try to hide or throw you down if you are on elevation or surround in group attack) and few other areas, previously also mentioned.

-Various endings which depends obviously from your own decisions. They are related to some NPCs and locations, like in Fallout. Doing something in different way or not at all, death of specific NPCs etc. Some of them can be felt during the game or in Free-play.

I could mention few things but I can't be ask right now, maybe someone else will do. Overall CoP is better then SoC and CS together combined and a good game, even with some faults.

StrangeCase said:
It can happen occasionally. One mission in particular has you guarding some guys while they measure anomalies. There's a spawn point about ten feet away from them, and people frequently run into magically appearing (usually unfriendly) Stalkers there.
Mutants and Zombie Stalkers, some spawn if there is not enough of them around. Other run from somewhere.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
One of the non-fetch task is related to a guy in Jupiter who will talk lies how he awesome is and did something, also your achievements. He can be unmask in various way - including proving that he was telling lies (requires some work) or in other way which I won't spoil.

Really? Spoil it then, plz 'cause during my both playthroughs, I only managed to get his true identity once, after doing all the possible tasks around Yanov, and I'm curious what's the other approach.

Tails

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
Really? Spoil it then, plz 'cause during my both playthroughs, I only managed to get his true identity once, after doing all the possible tasks around
Yanov, and I'm curious what's the other approach.
You can find dying Stalker in Quarry swamp anomaly, that will tell you how Soroka double cross him and left for death.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
I thought - may be I'm indeed too critical?

Just who are you trying to fool? All you posted here is absolute and utter bullshit, you're not even *TRYING* to form a proper argument anymore. I bet you didn't play CoP for longer than 5 minutes (if any) and checked some 3 or 4 videos on jewtube before passing your 'verdict'.

BAAAWW!! all u hev postid hir is a abzolut and utter bulshit!! I kan't say eksaktly why it iz bullshit only that I can't find ze argument bezidez u r stoopid baaawww

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tails said:
Maps are bigger, more detailed then in SoC and have mentioned underground caves, some complex and most important are photo-realistic, to the places in Zone with some changes of course
They are bigger. But certainly not well detailed anymore. Still how exactly does it make the game better? I don't see how 500 sq. m or 1 sq. km with caves or not can make a difference in a world with nothing else but spawns (triggered or dynamic doesn't matter)
Finally it has only 3 fucking maps which makes the gameworld even smaller than that of SoC.

Only if you are rabid hater.
Or maybe I just got used to playing good action-packed meaty shooters and Stalker totally fails at being one?

Exploration is enjoyable
What is there to explore? Infinite respawns on a very small map?

Stashes are not easy spot table backpacks placed somewhere under three, but properly hiden and require various aproach to get them like shotting down
Except stashes are absolutely useless. What do they contain? Another bunch of retarded healing sausages and another crappy gun?

Btw. it quiet ironic how you bitch about overpopulated zone in SoC, then said "I would play this mod if the locations will be some empty" after seeing AMK 2.0 video in older thread and now flip-flop.
Flip flop about what exactly? The shit is still overpopulated.
If you mean me saying "empty" or "dead" - then by world without life I mean the world where you ultimately have nothing but infinite respawns of very dumb AIs, not overhyped "A-life" with living world that turned out to be another lie

Some are, some not, and even if they are, you can approach them in various ways.
Like from north or south provided there is no magical 30 cm high fence that you can't climb over?

You took the bait, mango. Even if you kill 100 bandits (tested) the overall group neutral attitude doesn't change towards you.
Find another explanation for them spawning out of thin air and attacking me right away while in the shelter?

Stalker was never suppose to be realistic, you can upgrades guns to make more damage, less wear etc
No it wasn't supposed to be realistic. Obviously it wasn't supposed to be a good arcade shooter either. Guess it was supposed to be just a shitty and not fun shooter with very crappy weapons.

Overall, the point is upgrading your toys
Upgrading or not guns still suck hard.

Saying that they can't hit shit means you fail at shooting which is weird
No saying that they can't hit shit means that guns are shit. Why when firing I see tracers flying in random directions which makes shooting from 50m and up tedious just like in shitty CS?

Enemies are pretty accurate, without taking cover you get bullet by bullet.
I wasn't talking about this.

Feature list & quests
It sounds good and all but a bunch of improved fluff from SoC and a bunch of LARP quests (with almost all of your examples being FedEx or the terribad "kill X") that affect nothing in the end and are full of bland characters with attrocious writing make a game where everything ultimately goes down to you chasing quest-compass, fighting infinite spawns, has a very terrible gunplay that is nor tactical nor "meaty" in a boring empty world with small maps better how?
Just because CoP = Failout 3 - digits doesn't make it better.

Achievements, which are more then "You killed 100 mutants! so awesome!" and are gained by doing not only tasks. Some are easier or hader to earn and also have good sites and bad. Getting Friend of Freedom/Duty except of making this faction friendly towards you, can make Duty/Freedom units hostile in terrain (some could be neutral, depends from few factors), Traders sell unique equipment for the given factions (especially Armour), decrease prices at some or other Traders/Repair men, depends what fraction they like.
It's nothing special. Even Freelancer has it. Except in Freelancer you do get unique stuff, not find everything from a very poor Stalker's selection during the game anyway.

Another thing is that Freedom/Duty units can help you out if they are close when you are attacked. Once I was entering tunnel in Jupiter factory and attacked by two Cotrollers. Few moments later two Duty guys which I meet on the way, run to me and help out, then go.
They don't run to help you out. They just detect their enemies and attack them.

So it's the decline right here, man - the fact that you even didn't try to protect the most important element of every single arcade shooter that makes or breaks the game - lots of gunning and action with a good gunplay which Stalker lacks - naming only fluff stuff that isn't that well done.

Tails

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
They are bigger. But certainly not well detailed anymore. Still how exactly does it make the game better? I don't see how 500 sq. m or 1 sq. km with caves or not can make a difference in a world with nothing else but spawns (triggered or dynamic doesn't matter)
Finally it has only 3 fucking maps which makes the gameworld even smaller than that of SoC.
Give me example how they are less detailed. Anyway, this smaller world has more possibilities then SoC or CS. New NPCs/Mutants spawn only to replace the dead ones.

What is there to explore? Infinite respawns on a very small map?
Maybe if you played the game you would know.

Except stashes are absolutely useless. What do they contain? Another bunch of retarded healing sausages and another crappy gun?
Of course they do, and also more rare stuff. Things that would you could notice if you played the game.

Flip flop about what exactly? The shit is still overpopulated.
Boring and overpopulated. You are so unlucky.

Like from north or south provided there is no magical 30 cm high fence that you can't climb over?
In ways I meant different solutions. If you mean Invisible walls there are none in CoP. Fences are on borders of map and around few buildings, that's all.

Find another explanation for them spawning out of thin air and attacking me right away while in the shelter?
Honestly I don't know. First time I read such phenomena. Did you play patched version of game? I ask, since you like to complain about un-patched SoC.

No saying that they can't hit shit means that guns are shit. Why when firing I see tracers flying in random directions which makes shooting from 50m and up tedious just like in shitty CS?
It's different from CS, someone already said that in older topics, but whatever.

It sounds good and all but a bunch of improved fluff from SoC and a bunch of LARP quests (with almost all of your examples being FedEx or the terribad "kill X")
Seriously, I don't get what kind of tasks you expect from game like that. From when giving someone what he demands is LARPing? I understand if there was situation when Player could choice demand to pay less ransom and it work out immediately, but there is no at all. Also I didn't mention other few interesting things related to tasks, which shows that game offers less obvious expected solutions, but I remind silent about them.
Btw. I wonder how you can play Space-Sims which have the same, terrible FedEx or kill X tasks. Ain't this the same shit?

that affect nothing in the end
Missed or ignored the part about endings?

make a game where everything ultimately goes down to you chasing quest-compass
You can disable it completely for side tasks and few other elements.
Just because CoP = Failout 3 - digits doesn't make it better.
CoP>Fallout 3 in fact, but that's just my humble opinion.
It's nothing special. Even Freelancer has it. Except in Freelancer you do get unique stuff, not find everything from a very poor Stalker's selection during the game anyway.
There are unique weapons which you can either find or get as reward for doing task(s). You can also order from Nimble, they are different types of Pistols, Rifles etc. and you get random one.

They don't run to help you out. They just detect their enemies and attack them.
Wrong. They do travel around and attack targets they have in sight. They couldn't "detect" those two Controllers since They weren't even in range of radar and second, they run the whole way to me. Normally they would just walk until they get enemies in FoV.

Good to see overall your improvement from overall shit to sounds good and nothing special ;)

StrangeCase

Educated
the fact that you even didn't try to protect the most important element of every single arcade shooter that makes or breaks the game - lots of gunning and action with a good gunplay which Stalker lacks

Arcade shooter? Lots of gunning and action? :shock:

I found Call of Pripyat much more fun when I played it more cautiously. Since early-game weapons and armor are so ineffective, I handled most fights by running away or scavenging the dead. After that, it was a matter of hunting artifacts in nearly fields until I could afford some better equipment, at which point I could range farther and longer, and handle myself in a firefight. :shrug:

Tails

Arbiter
praetor said:
project M.A.I.O. seems promising (for CoP):
Yeah the AI tweaks sound very good but until he don't replace drastic auto-regen health for NPCs with a ability to use Medi-kits, I'm not interested.

praetor

Arcane
Tails said:
praetor said:
project M.A.I.O. seems promising (for CoP):
Yeah the AI tweaks sound very good but until he don't replace drastic auto-regen health for NPCs with a ability to use Medi-kits, I'm not interested.

well.. considering they've (he) only just begun, and it's in the early alpha stages and trojanuch isn't a scripter i'd say it's quite solid and it shows plenty of potential and it could turn out to be THE CoP mod if some more experienced/talented scripters join the team

StrangeCase

Educated
Another nice thing about the author is that he's very open about his discoveries on how the engine processes AI routines and how they can be modified. The official discussion thread is gigantic, and they've made some interesting discoveries already. Even if the mod itself never becomes a must-get, the work he's done has opened a lot of doors for future modders.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
BAAAWW!! all u hev postid hir is a abzolut and utter bulshit!! I kan't say eksaktly why it iz bullshit only that I can't find ze argument bezidez u r stoopid baaawww

I can say exactly why all of this is bullshit, but I learned a long time ago not to bother with Skyway.

Twinkle

Liturgist
root said:
INTERRUPT!

I played stalker some time ago, and I don't remember the aiming being nearly as shitty as people in this prestigious magazine made it out to be. Is it some patch/version or am I just a retarded moron?

The problem lies not with aiming itself, but with unrealistic and annoying bullet trajectory, "fat" enemies capable of withstanding burst from AK at close range and gimped starting weapons. A decent gun with scope and AP ammo make gunplay OK in my book.

Fez

Erudite
I think that the first STALKER had some issues with aiming with iron sights and widescreen issues. Mods sorted that out though.

Fez

Erudite
I didn't have any real problems that way either, all the more surprising considering the poor weapons you get at the start. If you crouch and fire in bursts you can pick people off at a good distance (if you squeeze off a full magazine in a panic then it tends to spray all over the place).

All the more so in CS where you can improve your weapons dramatically.

If you get the hunting shotgun/rifle in SOC added back in then you've got a very nice starter weapon too. I like to add it to the NPC inventory too. Makes a change from all the sawn-off shotguns.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
MetalCraze said:
Or maybe I just got used to playing good action-packed meaty shooters and Stalker totally fails at being one?
I'm surprised no one else picked this up. Of course skyway's not going to like this game. This is like picking up PST and hating it for not being a good dungeon crawler.

Upgrading or not guns still suck hard.
Sorry, you just suck at aiming. Period.

Why when firing I see tracers flying in random directions which makes shooting from 50m and up tedious just like in shitty CS?
Sorry, you just suck at aiming. Period.
(am I repeating myself?)
What are you firing with? a tank machine gun held with your hand and expecting it to have pinpoint accuracy? because if you get a high-accuracy weapon, crouch, aim and THEN fire you get very good accuracy.

So it's the decline right here, man - the fact that you even didn't try to protect the most important element of every single arcade shooter that makes or breaks the game - lots of gunning and action with a good gunplay which Stalker lacks - naming only fluff stuff that isn't that well done.
This shit again?

root said:
I played stalker some time ago, and I don't remember the aiming being nearly as shitty as people in this prestigious magazine made it out to be. Is it some patch/version or am I just a retarded moron?
Yeah I was playing it just yesterday and I don't get what people are on. Missing with a shotgun from 200m away while you're running is pretty easy, sure, but I would be surprised if it were otherwise. I can manage quite well with most good-accuracy weapons, and my aiming isn't that great to begin with.

Fez said:
I didn't have any real problems that way either, all the more surprising considering the poor weapons you get at the start. If you crouch and fire in bursts you can pick people off at a good distance (if you squeeze off a full magazine in a panic then it tends to spray all over the place)
If firing from really far with an AR I switch to single-fire mode. Does wonders to improve accuracy and recoil.

Tails said:
If you guys wanna play SoC, don't forget to download The Zone Reclamation Project which is unofficial patch fixing loads of things. Best to use with official 1.0004 patch.
ZRP's excellent and some fixes are essential (such as ironsights on widescreen). The latest version (1.05 RC10) was made for patch 1.0005 actually, the latest official patch (1.0006 was retracted due to security vulnerabilities) and it works great with it.

Tails

Arbiter
Sceptic said:
ZRP's excellent and some fixes are essential (such as ironsights on widescreen). The latest version (1.05 RC10) was made for patch 1.0005 actually, the latest official patch (1.0006 was retracted due to security vulnerabilities) and it works great with it.
1.0004 has better performance & stability then 1.0005, which includes only one fix for Singleplayer that modders could do themselves if I remember good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom