Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Satellite Reign - Syndicate Wars spiritual successor from original devs

Branm

Learned
WIP obviously....still stunning considering pre-pre production lol.....

ssrr2.jpg

Branm

Learned
And the above screenshot with some lighting tech they are trying:

I gotta say, when those cars drives by looks pretty bad ass....They def seem to be one of the prettiest games on unity so far.

Branm

Learned
WIP obviously....still stunning considering pre-pre production lol.....

No orthographic/parallel projection? Shit sucks.

Features
  • Specular reflections.
  • Glossy reflections.
  • Fresnel reflections.
  • Approximate Secondary bounce specular reflections.
  • Global Cube Map fallback for infinite and off screen reflections.
  • Light conservation
  • Customized ray marching and diffusion patterning system
In Development
  • Integrated Global illumination
  • Integrated Ambient occlusion
  • Surface continuity prediction and scene continuity analysis for improved performance and higher quality
  • Metallic reflections
:P

A user named cat

Nothing to add really but this looks pretty awesome. Won't be surprised if it ends up being better than Cyberpunk 2077, not at all.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
£422,331 and 28 hours to go. Really? JA: Flashback again? What's the deal with kickstarters getting in the last hours more money than they got in foirst ten days?

spectre

Arcane
£422,331 and 28 hours to go. Really? JA: Flashback again? What's the deal with kickstarters getting in the last hours more money than they got in foirst ten days?
Peeps put the kickstarter on watch, 48 hrs (or somesuch) before it expires they get an auto-reminder message. Bam. Magic.

Haba said:
Gotta love the fact that someone is already complaining how unrealistic it is to replace the entire skull...
Shhh, don't tell them it's also unrealistic to be able to lift 200 kgs without a full skeleton replacement.

I like the mockup - especially the three "crucified" dudes in the background. I also like their mentioning that there'll be different augs to choose from, not just the basic level 1-3 stuff. Hopefully there'll be some interesting options to choose from. The menus look consolified... but nothing to be done at this day and age I guess.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Gotta love the fact that someone is already complaining how unrealistic it is to replace the entire skull...

Retards gonna retard. Theoretically a skull transplant is possible even now. You just have to do it piece by piece and be EXTRA careful. Nobody's gonna try it in the next decade because of precision problems, but later it's fair game.

What I'm not entirelly fond of is their classification of internal implants as the "simpler" ones, and full limb replacement as the more "advanced" ones. It should be the other way around, with limb replacements being crude and providing some sort of disadvantage by drawing more attention to your agent, while internal ones being much more refined.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin

Retards gonna retard. Theoretically a skull transplant is possible even now. You just have to do it piece by piece and be EXTRA careful. Nobody's gonna try it in the next decade because of precision problems, but later it's fair game.

What I'm not entirelly fond of is their classification of internal implants as the "simpler" ones, and full limb replacement as the more "advanced" ones. It should be the other way around, with limb replacements being crude and providing some sort of disadvantage by drawing more attention to your agent, while internal ones being much more refined.

:bro:

They're doing a livestream later today for those interested.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I guess they try be true to original - in Syndicate intro cororate guys put human captive on Leonardo device which replaces all his limbs, leaving only head intact.

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
that's creepy.
Cyberpunk settings are difficult to get used to.

A shame they couldn't raise more money. I don't even get why something looking so sexy wouldn't get more attention. Would love if this game provided another alternative than just becoming robocop killing machine (more approach to combat resolution and more non combat resolution maybe?).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Uh...

The entire point of the original Syndicate (and cyberpunk genre at large) is the extremely pervasive nihilism in the society, in which human beings are just bags of meat that are used and discarded. Humanism has no place in the grimdark cyber dystopia.

I find it funny that people are readily able to accept murder as means to an end, but cybernetic improvements in your immoral murderers? That's icky!

Reminds me of the sweat in "The Aristocrats" -joke...

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
IDK but remodeling a human being like some kind of toy to suit your specific need does feel even more creepy to me than good old murder.

Just the thought of a surgeon taking my brain out, changing my whole cranium, and shoveling a electronic chip in place of a whole part of the brain makes me nauseous.

Gameplay concept looks bretty gud thought. Is it just some Shoot first ask question later kind of action or is there some complex faction diplomacy, stealth, reputation and stuff?

Destroid

Arcane
Original syndicate was guns blazing, this one sounds a bit more low key, but I would expect real time battles to remain the bulk of the gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom