Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Satellite Reign - Syndicate Wars spiritual successor from original devs

Branm

Learned
Bam 90% funded!!

Should get 350k within 48 hours...Still think 500k achievable :)

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Bam 90% funded!!

Yeah, I think 500k is a must with additional enemy factions and city districts. If they reach 550k, I will call it a full success though.

Realistically, it should reach at least Environmental Destruction (440k) - which is great by itself! But I am hoping for 550k.

Branm

Learned
Bam 90% funded!!

Yeah, I think 500k is a must with additional enemy factions and city districts. If they reach 550k, I will call it a full success though.

Realistically, it should reach at least Environmental Destruction (440k) - which is great by itself! But I am hoping for 550k.

Yeah 550k is the base case scenario I think, co-op might be possible via slacker backers. Actually they really seem to want co-op so wouldn't be surprised if its in the end product.MikeD a Starcraft fanboy soooo luvs his multi lol

Personally, I dont care about co-op. Chances are I'll never play it.

The 440k I think is guaranteed. I really want 500k though just to actually get a good writer on board plus...the obvious bonuses like a bigger city/factions.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Co-op I don't care. Same for translations (pity it is not higher up - it will be shit or functional at best anyhow).

Those devs should learn that before you start delivering co-op, multi you should craft a solid single player game in the first place. Unless you want to mask your incompetence in creating interesting story, with doubtful fun of playing half-finished product with your friends.

This obviously stands for development of SP game as advertised in this case, and not dedicated multiplayer game.

Branm

Learned
And wheeee!!!! Torment shoutout!!! I swear I will never ask inXile again for a shoutout :)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Environmental destruction is zounds more important than co-op... Unfortunately I fear we won't see it in this game :(

(on the level of Syndicate Wars, that is...)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy shit, they are almost there. I knew that the big coverages from the mainstream sites in the last week will get them a lot of funding, but almost 50K in 2 days? Damn, those are impressive figures, if you compare it to the previous weeks. Very happy for them.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
PayPal Coming Soon...

You've all gone way too fast for us! We were in the midst of getting the PayPal pledging ready to launch BEFORE we reached our goal but you've beaten us to the punch. We're still working on it and will have it up and running very soon!
images

Branm

Learned
Yeah this threw me off.... I guess its more so a questions of putting the different pledge levels into their website but I totally agree they had 20+ days to get this done and ready to go.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
360k and clocking. Now towards 550k! That's 50k per day. May be difficult to reach, but with PayPal and post funding...?

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
For me the two stretch goals that must be reached are Russel Shaw and destructible environments. Co-op would be a nice addition after the game is released and(hopefully) is succesful :)

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
For me the two stretch goals that must be reached are Russel Shaw and destructible environments. Co-op would be a nice addition after the game is released and(hopefully) is succesful :)
That goes without questions. Would be great however, if we can get more diverse world with more fractions and districts. I would rather, they focused on this than dubious co-op.

Branm

Learned
That goes without questions. Would be great however, if we can get more diverse world with more fractions and districts. I would rather, they focused on this than dubious co-op.

I'm pretty sure they will hit the 500k stretch goal. 550k not out of the question which would only leave co-op from whats announced anyway.

Branm

Learned
Still no PayPal wtf.....why they didn't work on getting that ready in the 25 days it took to get funded is beyond me.....

Ohhh and first stretch goal reached :) 550k here we come!!

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Damn, I really hope that co-op lovers will start to chip in (though for me, they could as well leave it and focus on SP). 440k is pretty much granted. 500k is looking okeyish. 550k will be difficult, but let's see.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
They kind of botched their campaign and they certainly weren't helped by Schaefer's monumental fuckup as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom