Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Satellite Reign - Syndicate Wars spiritual successor from original devs

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Biggest problem I think is that this shit is in pounds.

They have provided more detail then a lot of other kickstarters. Still sure it will get funded but could of gone MUCH MUCH higher if it were USD.

I can't see what is the problem with pounds but then I'm not american.

Branm

Learned

They have provided more detail then a lot of other kickstarters. Still sure it will get funded but could of gone MUCH MUCH higher if it were USD.

Ah I don't think its the currency per se but more so the lack of any payment options that comes with a kickstarter in pounds. Personally I can state for a fact that there were a few prior kickstarters in pounds that interested me but the prompt for the credit card # made me not bother.

In this case its classic game from childhood and a good pitch so couldn't resist lol. Have to keep in mind that the vast majority of kickstarter users probably only backed US (Amazon) kickstarters. Thus promt for cc#...kills lol

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah I don't think its the currency per se but more so the lack of any payment options that comes with a kickstarter in pounds. Personally I can state for a fact that there were a few prior kickstarters in pounds that interested me but the prompt for the credit card # made me not bother.
That was me. I only back the USD projects. I'll wait until it comes out and buy it maybe.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

It offends them that the developers don't accept God's own currency as default. :patriot:

Branm

Learned
Stretch goals revealed.

12110ee68d7e18d5247db1cdada6a13d_large.jpg

440k def doable. Most of them other than coop right up my alley as well.

My guess for final funding like 455k....considering everyone keeps paypal open I assume that hitting 500k could also happen.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting tactic, labelling all the goals with the dollar value first.

Name

Cipher
Is this project worth supporting? I find the original Syndicate has a nice 2D environment but horrible twitch gameplay(mostly consists of pressing panic buttons), real earth time based strategy department and no real storyline to talk about, and since I haven't finished that one I didn't try Syndicate Wars.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Why the hell they release it at the END of funding when they can't even manage min. goals? Should they advertized it right at the start people would be more enthusiastic.

Branm

Learned
Is this project worth supporting? I find the original Syndicate has a nice 2D environment but horrible twitch gameplay(mostly consists of pressing panic buttons), real earth time based strategy department and no real storyline to talk about, and since I haven't finished that one I didn't try Syndicate Wars.

I think it is....It's for sure an upgrade on the original as far as that they are expanding gameplay and not just makign a reskin. But really judge for yourself. Read the basic pitch. To be honest after the pitch video they had me at Open living Cyberpunk city.

ANyway 300k now. Got a great shutout from Chris Roberts and should get another from inXile in their next Torment update.

And not reach base goals??? LOL they will hit 500k I'ms ure and could really go much higher if inXile pull through. Welcome to UK based kickstarters....

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wow. They jumped from 260k to 300 overnight.

Someone got conned into the £5k tier. :smug:

I'm still not sold on the idea. I'll keep an eye out when it's released and get it if it's worthwhile then. But my gut instinct says this'll be banalshitboring.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Guess they finally started recieving some serious coverage and that 'gameplay' vid seemed to have drawn some attention. Despite being footage they already had in the KS vid. Le sigh.

Do hope they'll make it. What they describe sounds highly ambitious. Truth be told though, I've been waiting for over a decade for a Syndicate game. Gambling a few pounds on this actually being that game doesn't bother me.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Isn't it possible the developers themselves threw all that money in?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Isn't it possible the developers themselves threw all that money in?

Sure it's possible. Heck, wouldn't it be wise to have a reserve bank to throw in if you get close enough and time is running out, just to seal the deal? Maybe one of their parents was generous with the birthday money.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Wow this looks great. I wonder why it's not swimming in money. It looks attractive enough even for popamolers. :?

Payment options for UK kickstarters are awful, here's what Mike Diskett had to say about it:

First and foremost do everything you can to get on the US Kickstarter, it's painful to see people turned away from pledging because they don’t have a credit card, or they don’t want to enter their CC details. US backers are in the majority and they have their amazon payment details already entered in. The ease of a one click pledge becomes a battle with CC forms. Why KS for all their greatness don't take Paypal , or amazon or google wallet from the UK is beyond me, what is this 1996 :P (I’m sure they have logical reasons for doing so btw).

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Mike...Letter_from_the_trenches_of_a_Kickstarter.php

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom