Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
fedora.png

oA05J6x.jpg

Disciples 2: Guardians of Light empire campaign

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wiz82020-01-2821-22-5kqjb0.png

wiz82020-01-2821-22-574jtz.png

wiz82020-01-2821-23-03qkd7.png

wiz82020-01-2821-23-0wmjdf.png

wiz82020-01-2821-23-13kkmc.png

wiz82020-01-2821-25-1yqjix.png

It's about time there was peace. That's three times now that I've tried to do this questline. Twice the game has bugged out on me in some way, but third time's the charm.

In response to the Citation Needed rating:

:nocountryforshitposters:

It's Wizardry 8

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
jbMfx39.png

I knew buying that Horn of Valhalla would pay off. It literally saved Cappen Varra's ass when with only 3 HP left, not a single invisibility potion left and an Otiluke's Sphere disrupted, he managed to place a wall of meat before a Black Ice Knight that had cornered him.

Incidentally it's annoying how difficult it is to disrupt enemy spell casters in Icewind Dale. I tried a Cloud Kill (which I had memorized specifically to be an enemy spell disruptor) against Kuntik, and despite hurting her every round she had no problems with spell casting. She had some magic effect which I thought was Stoneskin, but evidently not since it was much easier to just rush her and cut her down in one round. So much for subtlety...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
w
jbMfx39.png

I knew buying that Horn of Valhalla would pay off. It literally saved Cappen Varra's ass when with only 3 HP left, not a single invisibility potion left and an Otiluke's Sphere disrupted, he managed to place a wall of meat before a Black Ice Knight that had cornered him.

Incidentally it's annoying how difficult it is to disrupt enemy spell casters in Icewind Dale. I tried a Cloud Kill (which I had memorized specifically to be an enemy spell disruptor) against Kuntik, and despite hurting her every round she had no problems with spell casting. She had some magic effect which I thought was Stoneskin, but evidently not since it was much easier to just rush her and cut her down in one round. So much for subtlety...
whose mugs are those

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I saw a picture of Grunker and JarlFrank when they were at some convention. I thought I made a wisecrack about them looking like Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, but I can't find my comment now.
But I found another (I think) picture of the pair, posing with Brian Fargo:
10145.jpg

Psquit

Arcane

I tried the first one but it didn't click for me (gave up after the boss plant monster thing), i head that the second one was shit (too much backtracking), and the third one being either the better one or the worst one. I'm quite sad that the Prime series killed the traditional ones.

lightbane

Arcane
nough, no more games. Enter the Space Circus.

Holy cow! That's a blast from the past! I remember playing this game decades ago, but I couldn't recall its exact name. Sadly, it doesn't seem it's too good compared to other platforming games of said era.

Psquit

Arcane
nough, no more games. Enter the Space Circus.

Holy cow! That's a blast from the past! I remember playing this game decades ago, but I couldn't recall its exact name. Sadly, it doesn't seem it's too good compared to other platforming games of said era.

You're correct. Starshot: Space Circus is a mediocre platformer with awful camera control, but what it lacks in mechanics and platforming it makes up with superb Character design and personality. Also that the game feels more like an adventure game with puzzles.

In Technomummy, the technomummians are so technologically advanced that they have invented everything. They are depressed... you can see it in their faces.
uwSklnY.jpg

bAFnzej.jpg

la66rbX.png

The only happiness they get is from "ancient" technology in the museum of mechanical horrors.
JjT1tfQ.png

9Q3GuUx.png

Look at his face, he's soo happy.

DraQ

Arcane
Of course you can easily make it much cheaper and either faster

Oo those are cool!
Slightly spergy one:

This is probably the first game I've actually enjoyed playing in years
Like I said, finding *a* solution is ez and this is by far the easiest Zach game I have seen. Honing and exploring solutions OTOH is where the fun and challenge are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom