Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
Aaand first thing i remembered was Blanca's quest where you assert your dominance over other wolves.

Psquit

Arcane
I see. Never passed SH2 beyond the forest. I only finished SH1, boy that game goes all over the place... never a dull moment. I hope this one at least can keep that up. I personally think that Koudelka is the better game but fuck me nigga, the soundtrack in that game is shit.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
0aeZFak.gif

wow this game's way 2 ez whoever was saying it's hard, all I have to say is "LOL"

Jinn

Arcane
I see. Never passed SH2 beyond the forest. I only finished SH1, boy that game goes all over the place... never a dull moment. I hope this one at least can keep that up. I personally think that Koudelka is the better game but fuck me nigga, the soundtrack in that game is shit.

Are you playing in Software mode to avoid the black bottom half of the screen when you are using the Judgement Ring?

Psquit

Arcane
Nope, I'm playing in hardware mode. No problems at all, except that forgot about the insanity mechanic.

spekkio

Arcane
This is easily one the best action-RPGs ever made. Blows primitive shit like Diablo out of the Great Forest. Much better than Ys SIEBEN too. I mean, without proper anti-status-effect measures, you're fucked. And the new crafting system allows to make some crazy equipment:

OIgerMU.jpg

MsyUDFR.jpg

HmPdksY.jpg

giphy.gif

And writing is fantastic too:

qMQhYdK.jpg

buQMB4z.jpg

:hmmm:

KOMLsT0.jpg

gJ9Ejs9.jpg

:bro:

Also: Romun girls > countryside girls :obviously:

akhCi39.jpg

L23fEFn.jpg

:salute:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
And yet you were unable to trivially improve this solution (of possibly the simplest puzzle in the entire game) to 83 cycles and 7 area even though it should be bleeding obvious.

Imagine showing a shit solution that shows he didn't learn anything from the previous levels and bragging about it.
Also, this is apparently viewed as the easiest of the Zachtronics games, which makes his bragging about a shit solution even funnier.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Blood : Dead on Arrival

After many changes and waiting I've tried the last available version 1.6 of mod. A rather peculiar one, mixing Blood and Doom 64. The Cabal and alien invaders are working together! The pacing and enemy placement is excellent, and while the campaign isn't very long, it is very satisfying to finish. Lots of changes of scenery and familiar sprites and music from other titles.

gzdoom2019-10-0419-29tqk8p.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0419-39fjka2.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0421-260sjit.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0421-1950kd4.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0420-4929kxp.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0420-57crjmp.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0419-48uvkjg.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0422-025hkde.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0421-55qcjfm.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0420-331mj7x.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0419-31dkjdr.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0418-592ajlb.jpg

gzdoom2019-10-0419-1923jpb.jpg

Psquit

Arcane
Previously on Apocalypse

AzZUwLY.png

q8e6aTb.png

polytheism Tokusentai. NEUTRAL ROUTE ENDS HERE.

kPYtHta.png

Namu Amida Butsu motherfucker.

QmMgJq8.png

(Madhyalaya music stop)

IjEwsfn.png

PSHH, nothing personnel kid.

WlWzXSp.jpg

9F38FzF.png
RlywhHz.png
S7DjW1U.png

-IT'S NOT A PHASE, MOM!- Based Dagda dropping mad red pills.

Since, I'm playing with glorious Nihongo voice acting, Dadga is voiced by Shuichi Ikeda.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Previously on Apocalypse
-IT'S NOT A PHASE, MOM!- Based Dagda dropping mad red pills.

Since, I'm playing with glorious Nihongo voice acting, Dadga is voiced by Shuichi Ikeda.
[/spoiler]

Dadga JP voice acting is absolutely insane, and I loved every bit about him in 4A. I wish the game would have focussed more on MC and Dagda, rather than MC and his wanna-be Persona groupéee.

Psquit

Arcane
Dadga JP voice acting is absolutely insane, and I loved every bit about him in 4A. I wish the game would have focussed more on MC and Dagda, rather than MC and his wanna-be Persona groupéee.

Yeah, I was surprised by the effort of some of the voice actors. Really elevated the whole experience. I also agree that they should have focussed more on the MC and Dagda (his theme is pretty cool).

:thumbsup:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Playing some Thronebreaker. Cheeky Poles are definitely not above taking jabs at certain other popular card game out there.

aPuLNmo.jpg

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
Gqs5cAh.gif

So, is it possible to make it smaller and cheaper while keeping the speed?
I tried shrinking the tracks to triangular length 3, but even though they can keep the pace while staying in sync atom proxies start colliding (on sharp turns).
Bond first, then convert into salt

Wunderbar

Arcane
QJoIWpt.png

Martian Gothic - Unification

Sci-fi Resident Evil clone, complete with puzzle solving, inventory management, prerendered backgrounds, fixed camera angles and tank controls. It's clunky, buggy, unfairly hard and full of bullshit gotcha moments, but at the same time immensely atmospheric and has a pretty good plot.

Something bad happened on a martian base Vita-1, and a small team was sent for an investigation - tough no-nonsense black guy Martin Carne, sassy british microbiologist Diana Matlock and a chill japanese programmer Kenzo Uji. Player controls all three characters and can switch between them freely (kinda like in Day of the Tentacle). They are separated and can't ever meet each other for story reasons, but you can juggle items between them through a system of vacuum tubes. And holy shit you will juggle items in this game - vacuum tube can't store all of your junk, so you will have to put items you're not currently using into disconnected lockers and hatches, and you will also have to constantly keep track of what you have stored in each locker because some of the key items will be used hours after you acquire them. It's like Resident Evil Zero's hookshot cranked up to 11.

Vita-1 base is haunted with ghosts of mars, and possessed crew wanders its halls. You can't kill them for good, bastards will keep coming and can only be incapacitated for a few minutes - like ghosts from SH4 or shibito from Siren. There is not proper map that shows location of your character, instead you have to navigate through the base using some abstract paper sketch (like in Thief) - thankfully layout is pretty straightforward, so after hours of backtracking and dodging zombies you will know Vita-1 like a back of your hand.

The greatest strength of the game is setting and plot. I'm not saying that it's a Planescape torment of survival horrors, but it's a really good scifi. Characters aren't just cardboard cutouts with flashy design (like in RE), all of them have personalities, they react accordingly, and even have their own different (voiced) descriptions for items - Carne will describe Piccolo pistol as a shitty peashooter, Kenzo will simply say that it's a low-caliber self defense gun, and Matlock will say "uh, Carne will most likely call this gun a lady weapon". Why are the walls of Vita base fitted with wood? Why are vacuum tubes everywhere? What are guns doing on a scientific martian base? Pretty much every question is answered is a somewhat believable way.

Unfortunately, it seems like the devs were unable to finish the game in time. The game is buggy, janky and it controls like crap. Characters keep getting stuck in environment, hitboxes are wonky and sometimes you will miss a shot despite zombie being right in front of you. According to Stephen Marley (lead writer and one of designers), they have forgot to put some clues into the final game, making certain puzzles almost unsolvable without a walkthrough (i had to read a guide three times during a course of my playthrough). There is a quick-turn function, but it's not in the options menu and there are no mentions of in the manual - i only discovered it after finishing the game.

I chose to play the original PC version instead of PSX port because of the graphics (devs had to significantly nerf backgrounds due to technical constraints of console), and after skimming through different reviews and gameplay videos i've compiled a small list of differences between platforms:
- PSX backgrounds were re-rendered at a lower resolution, and PSX sound effects were heavily compressed;
- UI looks different, item icons and fonts are lower-res on console;
- on PSX switching between character isn't as smooth as on PC - there is a special transitional loading screen;
- not only backgrounds were nerfed, most of maps were cut down into smaller pieces. When interacting with a door, your character will be teleported with a black screen transition (like in RE and SH), while of PC you can just walk through the doorway. Because of that PSX zombies can no longer travel between rooms to sneak up on you from behind;
- PSX has more healing herbs and other recovery pick-ups, with some exceptions (on PC i kept finding hundreds of Diabolus SMG rounds and finished the game with 13 000 spare rounds in a locker. Likely a bug or balancing oversight);
- PSX is also more lenient when it comes to saving. On PC the amount of save points available to you each workstation (MG's equivalent of RE typewriters) ranges from 2 to 6, on PSX each workstation has 12 save slots;
- tank controls are smoother and hitboxes are less wonky on PSX, a lot of background opacity glitches were fixed and the game feels more polished overall;
- a certain bossfight was cut from PSX version - boss just dies in one hit. On PC that bossfight is really buggy, i had to reload the game four times after my character kept freezing in one place;
- some puzzles are harder on PSX because certain graphical effects aren't rendering properly (mainly Necropolis puzzle where you have to charge Chorus with sound energy);
- PC version has a lot of useless items (unfinished content most likely). These items were cut from PSX version in order to not confuse the players.

SerzK0Y.png

YNeUOVr.png

1XF3AC3.png

A8YvSk0.png

DeA3lKl.png

GXmMqYH.png

FbwbzZ0.png

yvPGLO9.png

Rn0im9N.png

GJKbN8k.png

NsCqVce.png

2sEV5dR.png

VJQL13a.png

BaDf78N.png

qNur6S4.png

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Gqs5cAh.gif

So, is it possible to make it smaller and cheaper while keeping the speed?
I tried shrinking the tracks to triangular length 3, but even though they can keep the pace while staying in sync atom proxies start colliding (on sharp turns).
Bond first, then convert into salt
Neat:

140/15/14

Edit:
Made a variant that looks like a chainsaw - whee! (was actually aiming for smaller image but still isn't uploading as gif, bleh).

It might actually be possible to get it down to 13, now that I think about it.

Edit2:
Yes, it is:

140/15/13
I don't think it gets any smaller or cheaper than that while staying at 15 cycles.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom