Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

martdms

Novice
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
oldschool + oldschool ->
vanilla ShOC with 'Beta Style Weather' mod:
XR_3DA 2020-11-01 02-07-37-23.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The graphics made me wary of trying it but I'm 300+ hrs in, best gaem evar! This game reminds me of Ultima Underworld.
Check out my LP in my signature.

The problem is by accepting such low effort crap you're further encouraging devs to not bother with decent art direction. Same goes for the shitty pixel art game JarlFrank posted.
Even indie devs can do better than that.

Momock

Augur
The problem is by accepting such low effort crap you're further encouraging devs to not bother with decent art direction.
This is FACTUALLY wrong. Just look at the sequel, that was made possible because of the support for the first game.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this RPG Codex?
Some of us have been graphics whores since the 1980s.

DefenderOfTheCrown_BritainMap.tft2.gif

Archon.tft2.png

Aquaventura.tft2.png

ShadowOfTheBeast_Loader.tft2.png

Defender of the Crown, Archon, Aquaventura, Shadow of the Beast
I did a search.
Defender of the Crown is ingame and animated, the rest are cover art which is not gameplay graphics.
You are talking about being a graphic whore you should be posting gameplay graphics instead of cover art.
They may be better than Unexplored but do the gameplay graphics qualify for a graphics whore?

3300_dbs1.png

Archon title art vs gameplay graphics.
I've played this, pretty fun.

jgjaceilk3kuwsgjln29.jpg
xczcbifbfivxvmjraj18.jpg

Aquaventura art vs ingame graphics.

Shadow_of_the_beast_cover_art.jpg
shadow_of_the_beast_091.png

Shadow of the Beast cover art and ingame graphics, the game art is good.
E11E4AC98E107FA8958108B6FD689B0CA78D7AD9

hero

Unexplored's poor cover art.

0c268c2e026e53cb304a7daab715280ff5c46e59.jpg

Bonus artstyle that was not implemented.

The graphics update is dead. Long live the graphics update.

When we announced the graphics update, people reacted strongly. And mostly not in favor of the proposed changes. And although we still need to draw in more people, we were swayed by your arguments. But also we realized that we needed to invest too much time and effort in making the style work to your satisfaction.

520548-ultima-vi-the-false-prophet-pc-98-front-cover.jpg
ultima6_001.png
U6_Woof.png

If you graphic whores want good ingame graphics, here is nice graphics made in 1990. BEST GAEM EVAR!

Edit to add:
The issue isn't whether the games look better or worse than Unexplored.
He is talking about being a graphics whore but posts cover art instead of gameplay graphics and whether those are "graphic whore" quality.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom