Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
DOGGIEZ.jpg
doggies.jpg

Ezekiel

Arcane
Oh, wow, I started this save file almost three years ago. I'm glad I got back into it after an extremely long break, because in spite of all my problems with the game (mainly aspects of the AI), it's still incline in Sony's overwhelming decline.

The-Last-Guardian-20210505171304.jpg

The-Last-Guardian-20210505175640.jpg

But the newer Sony never would have greenlit it, so the only thing I'll respect them for in this is not cancelling it.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Me: I want to play Returnal
Also Me: We have Returnal at home

Returnal at home:
901A6BF5A313ADA85055B86AA320B80CB4639980

03F0DC6779B77537BABADDCCF61E50987D2A6C87

D8ACE984C1683A5162F582A05E4A2158FFE5CBC2

85523861CBBE3BC1A9D8B3DBC6D2CD969BA9B082

Fantastic twinstick shooter. Very much feel the urge to do a "one quarter" playthrough. I know I can do it!

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
I can't stop playing this game!

8GUKJyU.jpg

zKOFQFS.jpg

Oh damn.

R26NEEP.jpg

As always Ripuka is great!

YI7K9lg.jpg

3Pl2sH5.jpg

Oh shit, it's the edge brigade.

j4pjm0d.jpg

Xi9Ou1o.jpg

Tea time with the edge brigade!

PnjzcOn.jpg

WICeY3i.jpg

Three bosses at the same time. Tubular stuff.

vFRnsuZ.jpg

Arata and Rin going undercover to avoid the authorities. Rin's logic is flawless!

ykW0lQf.jpg

Here we go again!

3Rq5nqA.jpg

146icN5.jpg

Nova's pretty radical too!

WqiTcCQ.jpg

ksYBN4p.jpg

LOuymbR.jpg

Interesting.

3JGlyA4.jpg

Lucil went nuclear. Time to beat her up!

WZopIt4.jpg

FUCK!

Ipr6EMw.jpg

It's cool, things are fine now.

1tqSRmt.jpg

ferratilis

Magister
Josh Sawyer's life philosophy.
qIcrkev.jpg

After two playthroughs of PoE1 and one in PoE2, all I can say is that I enjoyed the first game way more. PoE2 has some good gameplay changes, multiclassing being the best one, however most of the dungeons in the base game suck so you can't have enough fun with your multiclass character. The DLCs fixed some of the problems by having better dungeons (Forgotten Sanctum), better encounters (Seeker, Slayer, Survivor) and an interesting new area with cool bosses (Beast of Winter), but there should've been more dammit, especially with such cool gameplay. It's like giving someone a Ferrari and telling them they're not allowed to drive above 60. There are some cool soulbound items in the DLCs, but by the time you get them, the game is already over, which is again wasted potential. Speaking of items generally, there are like 5 OP weapons and armors, and everything else feels weak in comparison. Luckily, due to Josh's amazing Balancing™, you can complete the game even with mediocre gear, on Veteran at least. Side quests and faction quests were way better than main story. There are too many empty islands with nothing to do. Unity engine is terrible in this game, is stutters like crazy, but it is beautiful at least. Music is 11/10. Overall, it's a treasure trove of content for anyone who likes it: real time combat, turn based, good choice of difficulty levels, multiclassing, subclassing, subraces, megabosses, four different factions, the Ultimate challenge, there's a shitload to do. I'd still describe it as great, despite the problems. I am slightly biased because I llike RTwP and mature story over turn based + comedy like in DOS, but even objectively, this is a good game. Around 8/10. I'm looking forward to playing it again in the future, with multiclass on PotD. Anyway, what else can RTwP fans hope for, other than Pathfinder? There's nothing out there, other than replaying the same games over and over again. If PoE3 ever comes out, hopefully they won't bend the knee to people who are crying for turn based and make it turn based only.
obbGPkU.jpg

5s48hXo.jpg

uQYnXvQ.jpg

2yHj9mm.jpg

wEZoh2C.jpg

5mAlTx1.jpg

QoHsd08.jpg

otaCgO4.jpg

Ocx2vhg.jpg

NpI5gxk.jpg

cMuLPju.jpg

OYU0iXO.jpg

viWeuHp.jpg

02O2YDm.jpg

TR5UCmB.jpg

4pndi9n.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister
PoE2 does look amazing. The central island city is especially beatiful. And despite all the game's problems it still may be enjoyable.

Unfortunately, release version was too damn easy even on potd so after exploring all the islands I was bored to tears. Too many of them anyway, shit is spread too thin and almost no decent dungeons. I'd love to check DLCs out but saves were lost so to start all that over and pushing through all that Gods crap... not sure at all.

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
PoE2 does looks amazing. The central island city is especially beatiful. And despite all the game's problems it still may be enjoyable.

Unfortunately, release version was too damn easy even on potd so after exploring all the islands I was bored to tears. Too many of them anyway, shit is spread too thin and almost no decent dungeons. I'd love to check DLCs out but saves were lost so to start all that over and pushing through all that Gods crap... not sure at all.
If you like challenge, you'd definitely enjoy all three DLCs, and megabosses probably. I was surprised when starting Beast of Winter by how hard the first fight was (the dragon in screenshots above) compared to base game. Forgotten Sanctum has a few interesting encounters where you fight both the enemies and the environment itself. And SSS is all about handcrafted arena encounters. Just like White March improved PoE1, the three DLCs did for this game.

Speaking of base game, I looked at some gameplay videos from release on yt, at the Engwithan digsite on release, there were just a few boars and panthers. Now there are like 5-6 boars, panthers, young drakes and those small shits spitting acid. They made it more difficult through patches, so you might enjoy it now. There's even a meme that Gorecci street is the hardest fight in the game now. Of course, base game will still became easy once you get to midgame, but it might be worth a replay just for the DLCs and megabosses.

Vorark

Erudite
001.jpg

002.jpg

023.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

Maya approves.

009.jpg

010.jpg

No.

012.jpg

:love:

015.jpg

Bonus:

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

The protagonist kill screen... :lol:

Game is Persona 5 Royal. Couple of screens were edited to hide who the first big bad is in case anyone cares for spoilers.

Hopefully Sega/Atlus won't take too long to port it to PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom