Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

toughasnails

The real Blood 2.
It really is that, like Blood got a really good direct Build sequel, something like Rides Again was to original Redneck Rampage.

Riskbreaker

Huntdown

TGHyogK.jpg

X5L8wAZ.jpg

zDIP8lt.jpg

kB0C6LL.jpg

KEpLebV.jpg

ftrPDgw.jpg

85LfDuc.jpg

tSVblTT.jpg

UvbQTo1.jpg

noS8Yc6.jpg

Yf9wbhb.jpg

LvjOUFh.jpg

73Ul02V.jpg

9ftap8u.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
pg9.png

Soviet animals reel back hopelessly as elite wehrmacht troops blitz their way through strategic Budapest suburbs!

pg11.png

This guy driving his max level 15/10 strength Tiger proved to be perhaps not crucial but definitely a valuable asset in the final battle. Tfw he gets 6 overrun kills a turn as he just rolls over ruski regulars and cannons without giving a fuck. My only regret is not upgrading him to a king tiger before the battle for even more hilarity.

pg10.png

Useless bitch Feldmarschall von Roxorowski couldn't get a brilliant victory in Windsor so he didn't get max campaign score in Blitzkrieg.

Cool game PG2. Lots of fun scenarios, with the only dent being the entire kwan/brit campaign - compared to the others it was just way too damn easy, felt like it was advancing on autopilot.

Modron

Arcane
So when guys slap each other on the butt it's just a friendly Bro pat, but when chicks do it they are lesbians?
Sometimes, probably a greater preponderance of lesbians in sports than in the general population.

Puukko

Arcane
The explanation there is that she is covering for her defected brother in the squad by taking over his identity, which is an open secret essentially. Hampered by the fact she has dat ass.

Based on a real life story, I'm sure.

Drop Duck

Learned
The Dishonored DLC is even better than the base game. The Thief style favors you can buy before the mission starts, a non-silent protagonist and the level design elevates it. Both DLCs combined felt like playing a regular old-school expansion pack.

gcEKXum.jpg

2d1HHX5.jpg

2VLWXgM.jpg

rxEjcIa.jpg

D2bvGiS.jpg

g0HYBLm.jpg

K7b4bKX.jpg

dG6HWE7.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Dishonored DLC is even better than the base game. The Thief style favors you can buy before the mission starts, a non-silent protagonist and the level design elevates it. Both DLCs combined felt like playing a regular old-school expansion pack.

gcEKXum.jpg

All of those disgustingly distracting arrows at the edge of the screen, how do you even play like this?

jackofshadows

Magister
4A86FBED2176FB19EEF7842E1777BBE402184ED9

When an Underrail regular walk into mainstream yoba game (I've waited for the sikrit branch to open so held onto points until realized that the game is about to end)
6633A5F59C25FC2E17808B338E385C45F7F639A0

To my suprise, the game turned out to be quite... chaste for its own setting. Perhaps in fear of the sjw wrath or for other reasons. I wouldn't mind more depraved and decadent portrayal although not complaining. It's still great.
0124AEC5E1ECA8E45FE6FE009572D61ABFC38375

I've no idea what's going on in the main thread and cba to find out, at least for now but just gonna say that this is a fucking amazing game and I easily recommend it to anyone who likes Deus Ex/VTMB (Underrail even although yeah - that's a different beast but resemblance is there, too).
01F7A1AEAECBB1B2296CDCD8F335056969ED6FCA

So long, Night City.

Here's a little rant however: who in their right mind had thought that dragging an old ass fucking Diablo-itemisation model would be a good idea? It's ridiculous. You have, say a SMG which has a % to set target on fire - wtf is that shit? While it has the exact same round as literally any other SMG AND any other assault rifle. Oh and they set a liimt for ammo to carry around. If you loot beyond that limit, the ammo vanishes. I don't even know how to comment this design desicion other than beyond retarded. The crafting system is so pathetic and embarassing that it shouldn't even be there. Basically, loot and disassemble whatever in order to craft whatever, literally. Like, tear apart a t-shirt and make some ammo etc. It's not streamlined, it's pants on head re-tar-ded. How you can have systems like this when you try as hard as you can to immerse player? Luckily, all that shit can be modded (I'm sure of that, haven't checked yet) so - no big deal and the game is still brilliant otherwise.

jackofshadows

Magister
My last pic. I had a fight with 6 level 4 skeletons which required to empty my complete set of health potions to beat them. I gave up right after as I wasn't having any fun.
JFC, just git gud. Regarding potions: an easy way is to either start over with the herbalism picked or to buy the herba scroll (or to grind the skill up yourself by making nut oil and other stuff). After that you can make potions as your MC for 50% hp by 1 red plant which are plenty around (or you can carry around a real herbalist and make 100%++++ potions with him but that's a borderline abuse). Also, skeletons aren't meant to be easy foe. Anyway, the game isn't amazing or anything but decent enouth for another shot imo.

Last edited:

Drop Duck

Learned

gcEKXum.jpg

All of those disgustingly distracting arrows at the edge of the screen, how do you even play like this?
It wasn't easy but I pulled through mate. They did start to be grating in the DLC but because I'm an old boomer who needs his GPS and I knew it would be even more annoying to you than it was to me I was determined to finish the game with them on. If Arkane had built their missions as one level just as in Thief I would have turned them off. I'm glad I didn't, because I found two entire new levels thanks to them.

Ezekiel

Arcane
"Port" was a little buggy. Crashed three times for me, and there were some graphics missing in the ending. But, unlike the N64 emulator I used previously, there was almost zero lag, and the sound was rarely choppy. Mario 64's port was better, was perfect.

The fans really should have put an option for 4:3.

In the ending, Epona stops on the right part of the screen, outside of the original aspect ratio.

99.jpg

Other aspect ratio anomalies:

4.jpg

5.jpg

Not to mention, obviously, many of the pre-rendered houses being in 4:3.

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
The OoT PC port also motivated me to play Majora's Mask again.

nVjFNEy.jpg

z87CSDW.jpg

QBrtW91.jpg

5s98rQq.jpg

7mrd9KP.jpg

cIVtyvk.jpg

:shittydog:

yObpBu4.jpg

:hmmm:

VNFpq4D.jpg

You can watch it fall in realtime.

LlQf8iV.jpg

POBB6wd.jpg

THYxWKw.jpg

cbb22Pa.jpg

Best mask.

AnxJ12M.jpg

QiJps5J.jpg

Was looking for HD sprites for the HUD, ended up the entire thing. The rom is also patched with enhancements like binding the ocarina and the 3 transformation masks to the D-pad, fast Elegy of Emptiness, and increased speed of block pushing.
This video explains everything.

Ezekiel

Arcane
The OoT PC port also motivated me to play Majora's Mask again.

Favorite Zelda. Will be replaying it soon too. Don't know if I'll bother with high res textures. The geometry is so simple in comparison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom