Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Codex Year of the Donut
Probably had more than 25 hours,
I recall my last FO2 playthrough being something like 60-70 hours. You sure you didn't skip a lot?

Something minor that's missing from newer RPGs is the ability to inspect everything in the Fallout games. I'm always examining the entire scene.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I recall my last FO2 playthrough being something like 60-70 hours. You sure you didn't skip a lot?
I may have played a lot more and I definitely did miss out on content I wasn't aware of. I was playing a diplomat and was crippled in the first major half of the game, so I avoided most combat scenarios. I also tend to forget to re-visit certain NPCS and such.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
I may have played a lot more and I definitely did miss out on content I wasn't aware of. I was playing a diplomat and was crippled in the first major half of the game, so I avoided most combat scenarios. I also tend to forget to re-visit certain NPCS and such.

You had a hard time with 300% at every skill? Or am I reading that last screenshot wrong.

Codex Year of the Donut

You had a hard time with 300% at every skill? Or am I reading that last screenshot wrong.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_Hintbook

Codex Year of the Donut
what is this from?
snapshot.jpg

I don't remember the right side part at all or the outline thing

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Something minor that's missing from newer RPGs is the ability to inspect everything in the Fallout games. I'm always examining the entire scene.

And this is exactly what Age of Decadence misunderstood about the Fallout and Arcanum formula.

These games are designed to be explored by the player, not to guide him by the hand from quest to quest.

jackofshadows

Magister
A85CB3DE85FAFB94E4076E5643DBE50D063A3928

My face when I read positive reviews on Soysong.
AE05DF96576D04A35433B8B5005373596960D544

A sex scene/embrace (everything according to forefathers) from the past. No, that's not animation, just static models changing every 10 sec or so. Looks super-cheap and embarassing, needless to say.
Hx7sTeZ.png

The sire of this black "beaty" is some fat ass Toreador chick and here we see another "memory" containing (forced and crappy written/voiced as usual there) lesbo drama between those two and it crossed the line "so bad it's good" so I loled for the first time in this game (yes, she tossed her fat ass into the wall). The second one was also unintended when two ventru (sire and his childe) had a conflict over sire's ghoul and at some point childe, the opponent of my character "attacked" me with psychology and told just how bad sire I was, wasn't there for him and bla bla bla after which I couldn't "defend" myself because the skill was zeroed out so my character, a 250+yo or so started to do a lot of apologizing. I rolled my eyes, loled and then decided that had enough, pressed alt+f4.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Eh, Solasta has pronouns but that's it, right? ^ That however is woke inside out, like you wouldn't beleive.

What can I say, I was curious just how bad it is. And it is really, really bad. That said, I didn't mind the concept, the idea behind it at all. With proper cast, writing (means another edition of the setting as well) it could've been a very good detective-oriented narrative focused game, why not. But here we have an abomination of a game. It's impossible to close eyes on all woke fuckery there apart from other flaws.

Last edited:

Dr1f7

Scholar
some pics i took while picking shit up for my new legolas build
10.jpg

11.jpg

legolas low-lvl co-op build complete!

12.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
One big final JA2 dump (after a long break).

Grumm went relatively smoothly except for one facepalm moment.

Ve5zuKV.png

There are several campers inside this large factory building. Since I'm not stupid, I create my own entrance with TNT. It's going well, and I can even kill this guy behind the door. That means I can open the door now, right?

xR1zYVd.png

LrnZMSN.gif

Faq10yG.png

Turns out I am stupid. There was another one behind the crates!
Poor Wolf. So many near death experiences...

2dFC1jd.png

I love this weapon, btw. Normally it has range 13. But with a barrel extender it goes up to 23. Kills everything with one burst.
:positive:

wJxkh4K.png

Anyway, it's time for Meduna. Since money isn't an issue anymore, I got rid of all the wimps and hired a few more professionals.

m0cMVSB.png

Bloodcat Bloodbath

GVl79Ig.png

It's always a bit annoying but also nerve wrecking having to hunt that one last enemy. I knew she was probably waiting around the corner, based on sound cues, and would have gotten an interrupt. I sent a few mercs outside to sneak around and spot her through the windows. Ha! You don't get these moments with savescumming.

7tMSv6d.png

SAM Site. Meltdown and Gus are ready to mortar the tanks just outside their vision range. But when Meltdown fired the mortar, some hidden black shirt got an interrupt and shot a grenade at her. It landed so perfectly that the explosion pushed her into the tanks' vision range! She could not get up.

tzLbOBK.png

CJei0Uf.gif

StfdEZg.png

Good thing I hired more heavy weapons experts. But she was perfect with the custom Automags (ambidextrous) and grenade launcher. :(

XB0ZCAQ.png

It only gets worse from here. This was the last enemy in Meduna Airport, annoyingly hidden between sandbags. Even after getting hit by a LAW and a stun grenade, she still gets up and fires a mortar at Shadow.

kylKJVn.png

Sure...

7zaNtga.png

And in the residential sector, Dimitri gets surprised by someone hiding in this house. Just two minirockets and he was dead.

JS5G6R8.png

There he is.
upyours.png

5cQX7qP.png

The labyrinth. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

N6apL83.png

Convenient mortar spot.

UiUq6rI.png

mfw the most expensive and badass level 8 merc sneaks from behind but doesn't get the interrupt and dies in two shots
:prosper:
Once again, this was the last enemy in the sector. It's becoming a theme.

PbGfYTF.png

HeY6jAu.png

Doors are merely a suggestion.

xswIGuM.png

Literally the last enemy in the game before Deidranna. I get the first move and unload an entire burst into his skull. He survives, gets an interrupt(!), and fires a LAW.
:whatho:
I don't even care anymore.

NYszKg7.png

LXiYqjU.png

Nah.

e0fRZIK.png

ysaFeHa.png

DqwZdVs.png

The end.
It was fun to play the game like this but also stressful at times. I expected to lose more mercs before Meduna. There have been many close calls, so either I've been really lucky or really good at crisis management.
I also never played the game as thoroughly before, doing every quest I could get my hands on, exploring more of the map, frequently revisiting traders and selling weapons, and using my time efficiently (ideally every merc should always have a task other than "practice" and not sit idle).

Casualties:
Maddog - Day 14-23, killed by Bloodcats in G10, Desert Road
Robot - Day 27-41, killed in Meduna Bloodcat Arena
Meltdown - Day 26-41, killed by tanks in Meduna SAM Site
Shadow - Day 40-41, killed by mortar in Meduna Airport
Dimitri - Day 4-42, killed in Meduna Residential
Gus - Day 40-42, killed in Meduna Gardens
Ivan - Day 40-42, killed by LAW in Meduna Bunker
Wolf - Day 1-42, killed by same LAW in Meduna Bunker
Hamous - Day 10-42, killed by Deidranna in Meduna Bunker
:hero:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ashes Afterglow maps'n'guns because there's no other Doom map that let you play with such underpowered guns (quite refreshing compared to most gun packs, most of them consists of hand cannons and pocket annihillators) with little ammo to find.
Cyberdemon encounters - 3
Cyberdemons defeated - 0
jLBnwWs.jpg

PcAqvi9.jpg

:hmmm:
fortunately it was only Spider Mastermind, fighting with CD in that area would be painful...

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Please use small resolutions, no sampling, and no bilinear filtering when playing Doom, or Doom wads.

:prosper:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom