Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Wizardry 8, a New World production?
ZBXQBNW.jpg
Activating the glyphs and planting a longsword in the stone didn't produce any immediately obvious results. Maybe I need to check the Graveyard again?

We came upon a humble monastery where peaceful monks meditate on the eternal question "What is an RPG?"
0hzpKv4.jpg

Or maybe not...
kAM7Rom.jpg

Danger Thus Reveals Its Face!
UN7jRkt.jpg
Wizardry 8 falls into the weird case of having beautiful environments and puke like Arnika Road.

Codex Year of the Donut
In Cold Blood.
The "indie revolution" simply never captured the spirit of the many odd/experimental titles released in the mid-late 90s(and in this case, a year past the late 90s.) Despite there being substantially more games overall, there are far less games that differ.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
This is another "hero" journal entry that says the following
while his companions in the background try to catch their breath and settle their stomach:

"
We stumbled into a dark and vast creature cave.
This encounter was more than we expected.
Bodies were everywhere and the air was thick with the smell of decay.
Before we could even get used to the new cruel environment, attacked us
a muscle-bound horde with razor-sharp teeth of winged lizards.
They fought the hunger in their eyes.

After the battle, we found that some of the victims were eaten alive...They are still alive.
We will ease their pain and send them to their final peaceful rest.
My heart aches at the thought of the pain and suffering and the fact that we cannot heal them.

"
Fpk58xm.png

...quite dark.

Why the hell is the wyvern so big?
This thing is bigger than a damn dragon.
No wonder rumors mistook him for a dragon.

And who the hell killed that thing?

spekkio

Arcane
Haak a.k.a. best metroidvania since Hollow Knight meets Fallout's world & weird humor. Also quests.

Gameplay? You know this shit:

iPxXstu.jpg

mhdgJDs.jpg

KbLyT1a.jpg

TBH most of the time I'm too busy jumping, dashing and hitting to make a screenshot. :roll:

Exemplary quests (and there's a lot of them, not only fetch-ones):

FxOc0Vz.jpg

dLWQjLJ.jpg

OFC in such game you don't live for completed quests (except maybe ones like this):

qSQSkDU.jpg

But for moments like this:

B3RymVv.jpg

:yeah:

What's with the "fallout talk"? Well:

xJ70s2s.jpg

SVYwUM2.jpg

5dL0eUO.jpg

:obviously:

Also, game's very realistic. For example, there are like 3 women in the entire world, all of them insane.

A hobo explorer:

7mTjpDg.jpg

A control freak:

PGE7Uff.jpg

And a violent alcoholic:

4t9MzfD.jpg

This shit is BRUTAL!

uL7ftrJ.jpg

:(

Verdict: best game I've played in 1-2 years.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer.

I started playing this about a year and a half ago and clocked in about 600 hours now on the multiplayer alone. Easy enough game to pick up and learn but difficult to master, especially in the Multiplayer where your opponents will try anything to wipe your squads or kill your most valuable tanks and units. Match length varies but the best ones usually go up to 1 hour long and the whole time you are fighting by the skin of your teeth not knowing who is going to win..

A lot of these screenshots are shopped. Sorry, not sorry. Also, these screenshots are on Medium-Low graphics settings.

Axis has 2 Factions to choose from, Allies have 3. On Axis side I've primarily been playing the Wehrmacht. Here's what Wehrmacht looks like;

71NwS2q.jpeg

On the Allied side I only play the Soviet Union. Because COH2 is supposed to be about the Eastern front, and playing the United States or British (purchased as DLC) is fucking gay. Here's what Soviets looks like;

ODV6wxz.jpeg

The Wehrmacht faction has the ability to construct the powerful Pak 43 88mm Anti-Tank gun. It's a beast.. but only if you position it correctly, as it is very easily countered by enemy infantry, air strikes, and artillery and the like because it is a stationary construction. Don't just build it in the middle of nowhere with no defences.. you'll lose the gun crew and worse, the enemy team can hijack it and use it against you. It's something you learn the hard way. This thing shreds when set up properly though. Look at this killbox.

FgMn049.jpeg

3veyApx.jpeg

The Soviets get the best Artillery construct in the whole game. The B-4 203mm Howitzer.

u1pBSeX.jpeg

It has the same weaknesses as the Wehrmacht's Pak gun being a static construction. It shoots slow and it's even slower to reload. But when it hits a blob of enemy infantry.. Oh man.. the tears..
Infantry blobbing is a common Noob practice that is very effective against other Noobs but not against experienced players. However, blobbing is often used by experienced players, and in the right hands, is fucking impossible to deal with unless you also sink to their level and blob as well. I fucking hate it, wish that shit got nerfed yesterday it's fucking annoying. Anyway, here's some dead Blobs.

2pilxkW.jpeg

a3acoyq.jpeg

yusRdH7.jpeg

Lot's of dead motherfuckers.

3f8osxh.jpeg

Here's sneaking up behind a King Tiger tank with some infantry and finishing it with some AT grenades. Unlucky for him..

HEmsHky.jpeg

g3dML1f.jpeg

Soviets get access to the KV-8 Flamethrower tank. It works best in close-quarters urban environments where you can dominate the streets, and burn pussies that hide out in buildings for cover. How do you like that ?

cLyTjk6.jpeg

B4NGuYy.jpeg

CWVKZpo.jpeg

QOZjHid.jpeg

Probably one of my favorite tanks on Soviet's is the ISU-152 Heavy Assault Gun. What I like about this gun is that it can switch between both Armor Piercing and High Explosive rounds. The Armor Piercing has a longer shooting range than many of the Axis tanks, so if you do a good job spotting them and positioning your ISU properly you can take chunks out of Axis tanks while the ISU is out of range to receive any hits back. However a lot of experienced players will make a concerted effort to either flank your ISU with AT infantry or simply bull charge it with 2-3 panthers and try to attack the sides or get around for a shot in the back. And the ISU reverses super slowly... so while it is a behemoth you got to treat it like a baby if you want it to last..

QBmgktr.jpeg

Got a killing blow on this Tiger while it was being repaired and thought it was in a safe place. Surprise, cunt.

MQZFClr.jpeg

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
Expectations about the ruins of Ulcaster vs. reality on first hearing(Baldur's Gate).

2YD9ujm.jpg

"Masada is an ancient fortification in the Southern District of Israel situated on top of an isolated rock plateau."
A battlefield for the Jewish-Roman War.

MbNb373.jpg

:negative:

Don't get me wrong here, the game is still one of my favorites:dealwithit:!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom