Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Soul Reaver 2

Light Reaver acquired:

sr22023-09-2719-11-247hi3r.jpg

sr22023-09-2719-12-06hldc7.jpg

Human stronghold:

sr22023-09-2719-13-55i1eru.jpg

Just Vorador being Vorador:

sr22023-09-2719-40-38f9ezh.jpg

sr22023-09-2719-40-55krfwy.jpg

AI is fucked, not sure if innately, or due to new OS, or 60 FPS. :(
Humans and aliens often don't fight with each other, even when they certainly should:

sr22023-09-3018-50-50ebe0v.jpg

But if you move about, or whack one of them with telekinesis, they start fighting:

sr22023-09-3019-02-38z8ci1.jpg

Angels after taking the vaccine:

sr22023-09-3019-09-3130d63.jpg

Puzzle time!

sr22023-09-3019-37-43uoi25.jpg

Air Reaver acquired:

sr22023-09-3019-52-07zhc57.jpg

sr22023-09-3019-52-09wqf8c.jpg

Great graphics, but game is total decline when compared to SR1 (much worse than I've remembered it from "back then").
Constant long & udnskippable cutscenes, irritating combat (enemies block all the time / stunlock you), linear exploration, handholding (Raziel hints on what should be done next all the time). I blame the female director.

Blood Omen 1 :5/5:
Soul Reaver 1 :5/5:
Soul Reaver 2 :3/5:

And Chakan 2 & Defiance are even worse AFAIR.

:decline:

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
ErannorthChroniclesA.jpg

We meet again, you damn birds :argh:
The Forest Hag Monk/Silent Fist combination that is focused on unarmed combat, martial arts and natural weapons proved to be surprisingly more effective than Glade Elf Ranger. And my secondary focus herbalism skill proved to be particularly valuable one in this fight as it gave me access to freeze status effect towards which the birds are not immune. After that it was only a matter of time until my bleeding stacks did their job.
ErannorthChroniclesf.jpg

^As a forest hag i can also transform into this. Pretty cool.
ErannorthChronicles3.jpg

Got my first "mount" card. Not a bad reward.

potatojohn

Arcane
AequwLi.jpg

OwWjLrh.jpg

ANZhh8s.jpg

YcBJ9S8.jpg

y2cbFeJ.jpg

Finished Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Unfortunately I don't have any nice screenshots, because the new area is just rubble, trash, gangs, and junkies. Big disappointment since my favourite parts of the base game were the high end corporate environments and the cozy japantown.

New story is a mixed bag. I liked Songbird, but I really disliked the Call-of-Duty military-fantasy CIA agents, and the president. IMO they could have skipped those and just had Songbird and some locals, and the president could have been a background character that we never meet.

There's lots of combat sequences that seem forced, but maybe there's some way to bypass them. Because of this I switched from very hard difficulty to normal pretty early, just didn't feel like spending 10 minutes shooting mooks in the head.

Heals and granades are on cooldowns now, not actual items, among other bizarre gameplay changes. Clothing does nothing now except allow you to embrace your hidden Barbie enthusiast. But clothing still has the loot tiers and it's 2/3 of the random loot, so the game highlights a chest with high level items, you go there and it's the 1000th jacket that does nothing.

There's still only 4 types of ammo. I really don't get this. Is it a tabletop game thing?

All enemies and loot is level scaled now exactly to your level. So each fight feels the same.

3 years and they come up with these changes?

I would rate the base game 8.5/10, Phantom Liberty a 6/10 (and of course Starfield, similar but much better than either, 10/10)

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Still not finished with Ashes: Afterglow
AshesAfterglowTc6GuT.jpg

AshesAfterglowA0n4f5.png

AshesAfterglowLr8mka.png

AshesAfterglowIj8KnA.png

The raider leader asks me to help with taking over the Prosperity town in exchange for giving me the right to challenge one of his barons for my bike.
On one hand the water baron is a tyrant who opressess the working class people and doesn't even allow bullet/arms trading in the lower city(to lower the chances of armed insurrection probably).
One the other hand raider enemies are a lot more fun to fight compared to muties and their place looks loaded.
Choices choices

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
doom361.png

I'M COMING FOR YOU, ASSHOLES

doom362.png

Hell and back again. UAC technologix must have gone up a level since dimensional travel no longer strips you of your guns.

doom363.png

Say cheese

doom364.png

spooky

doom365.png

bigga tellyporta right behind a killing field with a shitton of ammo drops, you know what that means

doom366.png

zomg!

doom367.png

Z O M G ! !

his blind eye used to be the other one in the OC :troll:

doom368.png

REEEEEEEEE

doom369.png

SHOOT DOWN THAT SATANIC DRAGON, PRIVATE

doom370.png

unfortunately it's a ruski rocket launcher so it can only hit civilian flights

doom371.png

is this the end for Doomguy2?!

doom372.png

... !

doom373.png

EAT SHIT AND DIE

doom374.png

:yeah:

schru

Arcane
Darth Roxor, what is your opinion of Resurrection of Evil?

Some people suggest that it's more action-oriented and makes up for Doom 3's failings, but I don't think it changes that much in this regard, while not being on par with the main game's atmosphere and quality of finish.

The double-barrelled shot-gun is kind of nice, but it also looks odd. The boss battles were improved in that they had some more interesting patterns and stages, if I recall aright.

Doom 3: BFG Edition has an additional short campaign to play, The Lost Mission, if you like, and the new episode ‘No Rest for the Living’ for Doom II is quite good and definitely worth your time.

What's going to be the next game? Far Cry is from the same year.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
The original Far Cry is fucking awesome.

And in a way, RoE is to D3 what Doom 2 was to Doom. Just that the originals held up way better and are way more fun.
But by today's standards, Doom 3 and RoE are great as well. BFG Edition is shit.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Darth Roxor, what is your opinion of Resurrection of Evil?

It's OK, but the addition of the super shotgun was a mistake.

Doom 3: BFG Edition has an additional short campaign to play, The Lost Mission, if you like, and the new episode ‘No Rest for the Living’ for Doom II is quite good and definitely worth your time.

Can't really be bothered getting the BFG edition just for that, and I think I've had enough Doom 3 for the time being.

What's going to be the next game? Far Cry is from the same year.

Frankly Far Cry never grabbed me much. I finished FC1 back in the day and don't feel like revisiting.

As to what's next...

202310011949451.jpg

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Phantom Fury is an upcoming shooter and a demo was recently released. It's less polished and fun to play than the Duke Nukem Forever 2001 alpha.

12ykdeu.jpg

I'm firing an invisible gun into a braindead enemy that will awkwardly slump over once his HP reaches 0.

13addke.jpg

Instead of making the shooting fun they made a playable in-game arcade machine.

14f7dms.jpg

They listened to the criticism about not having functional mirrors, that Duke Nukem 3D had in 1996, but they didn't give the player a reflection.

163ucvt.jpg

The lamest turret section I've ever experienced.

17ngdbv.jpg

I'm out of here. One troll for
11lsip4.jpg
implementation. There's also weapon and character upgrades, the cancer that won't die.

:1/5:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game: Largo Winch - Empire Under Threat
winch1.jpg

Nothing beats a sliding puzzle in the middle of your otherwise casual adventure game
rating_rage.gif

30 minutes after finishing it, I'm still sliding squares in my mind.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Tried a few boomer shooters demos too
The Last Exterminator
TheLastExterminatorT.png

TheLastExterminatorq.jpg

TheLastExterminatorO.png

TheLastExterminatorW.jpg
Nothing i would call super special about it but i liked it. Devs use their own engine apparently.
Also protagonist likes to prank call Duke Nukem for some reason.

Fallen Aces
FallenAcesDemoJqN9D3.jpg
FallenAcesDemotxQ7Y7.jpg

FallenAcesDemoJhK0rS.jpg

FallenAcesDemo7s0HtU.png

FallenAcesDemor115Ls.jpg

FallenAcesDemoeH8gXX.jpg

FallenAcesDemotC5AoI.jpg

Not a very smart people this Matches Malone fella and his goons are. Everyone at once decided to run into a small room towards the sound of explosion while i waited on other side with a tommy gun.
A first person noir brawler with a pretty cool presentation. You can try stealthy approach but throwing stuff at people is more fun.

Zlaja

Arcane
Outward - Part 2

Time to visit a fortress
94JcKgo.jpg

Bandits inside imprisoned me, took my stuff, and threw me into their gulag. :(
Bq0prf5.jpg

While fighting my way out, I stumbled upon this 'Prayer Claymore'. It certainly answered my prayers.
jzMrIbc.jpg

That's an...interesting looking dungeon entrance.
H0puLZd.jpg

Finally reached the town of the religious faction I wanted to join. The treck was a pain the ass.
cTPwBUR.jpg

Communicating with a literal God.:eek:
JMNQlXg.jpg

I bought myself a house using almost all of my money.
rlTxdcw.jpg

Spectating a nice sunset *check*
Uafojdc.jpg

These things remind me of Dragonsnappers from Gothic
nugm33o.jpg

Time for a nap
hZ1Ekfu.jpg

Last edited:

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Started modding again, and going for another Trilogy run. This time as Amazon.

STATS so far
gAYthSX.jpg

Amazon Kit (FIGHTER)
18H0rcD.jpg

Thalantyr's flesh golems actually look like Flesh golems now
LZ1i8ir.jpg

Some rest
X4t2euU.jpg

New greyscreen on pause effect
C6GrqRD.jpg

New areas (Shadow Gnoll Stronghold)
6ellyGL.jpg

New quests
N7Txo4H.jpg

VwX4S3V.jpg

Gibberling assault!
hBccDnl.jpg

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Started modding again, and going for another Trilogy run. This time as Amazon.

STATS so far
gAYthSX.jpg

Amazon Kit (FIGHTER)
18H0rcD.jpg

Thalantyr's flesh golems actually look like Flesh golems now
LZ1i8ir.jpg

Some rest
X4t2euU.jpg

New greyscreen on pause effect
C6GrqRD.jpg

New areas (Shadow Gnoll Stronghold)
6ellyGL.jpg

New quests
N7Txo4H.jpg

VwX4S3V.jpg

Gibberling assault!
hBccDnl.jpg
What's with those portraits? :lol:

Gostak

Educated
Beware cool gifs straight deeplinked from itch:

The speed:
1lBr7h.gif

Some of the crazyness it brings:
b7gWwe.gif

The premise/ the cool:
v4qFbD.gif

The more so gentle cruising when not racing:
GmwHL8.gif

Now this is podracing
bdKGHC.gif

's blade racing on the loop.
"The loop never sleeps!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom