Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
u9oiBgh.jpg

What the hell is that? I was going to say maybe STALKER with a HD mod, but STALKER didn't have fishermen in it.

Looks like Hiking Simulator™

A user named cat

Okay, it's time for incline. Some of the shit I've been playing lately.

Snatcher (Sega CD)
oHRBXWM.jpg

kjw7EMF.jpg

Wizardry I-I-II translated (SNES)
HAYUvOv.jpg

Quackshot (Genesis) ((beat it, classic))
DG2jzMU.jpg

Crue Ball (Genesis) ((awesome soundtrack))
qTUXyiU.jpg

(I don't remember what game this was, some Sega strategy game)
HBcmsS2.jpg

Dragon View (SNES)
wgQO7BI.jpg

Streets of Rage (Genesis)
FYKhhps.jpg

Toe Jam & King Comrade (Genesis)
NgmlqWu.jpg

A user named cat

Whoa whoa. I think I'm just using scale2x but it's going through a 2-pass render to tone it down/sharpen in RetroArch. No big deal. Excuse me for trying to slightly smooth text that I'm sitting 2 feet away from. Is this the pixelated shit you prefer?

lEasTxI.png

A user named cat

Oh you newfag exaggerators are just
v77JrhN.png

If it makes you happy, I disabled it as I honestly don't care much either way. Here, enjoy some non-filtered upskirt.

7GzEEPJ.png

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Snatcher was cool, but the 3rd act is just one long info dump (like every Kojima game).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I hated the shooting parts. I actually couldn't get past the last one so I just watched the ending on youtube. :M

A user named cat

Still got Policenauts on my list tho. Anyone knows if that's as good?

Just like Snatcher, it has some shitty popamole shooting gallery parts but makes up for it with atmosphere and awesome artwork. Plus I love those kind of adventure games, Western or Jap. I have the translated version for PS1 so there's lots of voice acting. I'd say that's a negative since it's anime style voices, with lots of random grunts and awkward nonsense. Still a cool game though.

Another somewhat similar game I've been playing is Rise of the Dragon. Hadn't played it in ages, still great.

Yep, that'd be the one. Those old strategy games are a pain on consoles, thanks to no mouse support and everything being icons.

I'm about done with my Hyperspin setup, just a few more systems to go. It's such multi-clitted vagina having tons of old gems together on a frontend. Grabbing some TurboGrafx CD games right now then onto Amiga, then heaven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom