Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Raapys

Arcane
Always loved Archimedean Dynasty, such an awesome game. The sequels are popamole console-shit, unfortunately.

Suchy

Arcane
h4E2tqB.jpg

c90TZ47.jpg

TaMozwk.jpg

i1ndOkX.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
privateer
:bounce: what remake is that
It's Gemini Gold. Old good Privateer with somewhat modernized graphics: 3D objects instead of sprites, and higher resolution. Not high enough though, stuck at 800x600.
http://privateer.sourceforge.net/files.shtml

2Ob4tSd.jpg

Ah yes, GemGold did make me revisit and finish everything all over again from the Original and Righteous Fire expac. Yes, you can finish the original campaign - then head to X1997 - Jolson then LOSE the ALIEN BLASTER as the intro indicated. Which is pretty awesome in itself.

Was fun dancing with 10 Centurions all over again.

If there is a huge flaw there's just one: AI doesn't give up the chase - EVER.
You can go full burners, dodging every hit and spin and spin and roll to duck the blasters, extending your distance to 10K and still they'll stay on your tail.

Annoying to kill everything.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Doesn't help the fact my account got destroyed before the final patch. :salute: Anyway, not going to spend more time with it. Propably. Maybe.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Sacred 2 was also good, does no one else like it. :( Had a few 100+ level toons... Until SecuRom fucked up my account and closed the aptly named Closed Net multiplayer forever for me.
Don't worry, I like it.. just that part 1 was more original and 2 is more of the same. As for gorgeous dos-games, what about the sequel:
Screenshot-3.jpg

aquanox_screen001.jpg

Pretty sure that run under ms-dos as well.

spekkio

Arcane
^Aquanox is Win only.

:roll:

AFAIR it was initially a tech demo for new Nvidia chips (TNT?).

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After many Multi-headed Cow GoT session screens I couldn't resist anymore.

aWV0foY.jpg

Indeed, it rings a big alarm bell to me.

Z3Owus5.jpg

We start in prison, Oblivion style :troll:

Iwe5br4.jpg

They are not all bad, you know.

sqc4uue.jpg

"I like what I see"

jpVfXvN.jpg

Watch the arena, and be entertained !

YFww73j.jpg

Of course we aren't, that's preposterous.

EruDaan

Arcane
Sacred 2 was also good, does no one else like it. :( Had a few 100+ level toons...

S2 is a fun game... but too big for its own good. A nice hiking simulator for sure but also game that tried to be epic but failed horribly. The biggest parts of the world were empty, the enemies in many to most cases dulland boring, the story a stupid joke, armor sets uninspired. And the studio that made the game (Ascaron) went down, selling the rights to some other company....that is making a Sacred 3. Which is a unholy abomination no (die hard) Sacred fan would consider a real S3.

Humppaleka

Cipher
That pretty much nailed it. What made it fun was to level with others on Closed Net, running around the huge areas killing absolutely everything on Niobium difficulty. Playing solo? Well, better have some crazy pills with you, that was mind-numbing...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,81362.msg2116240.html#msg2116240

Cloaked figure observes as Mondblut saves the swadian kingdom from machete rape squad

bakirakamaster.jpg

Bonus: While searching for the above, I found this.

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3583

Suggested playing conditions:

1,PLAYING AS HUMAN:

-as gondorian/rohirrim: combat speed:normal/faster; campaning ai:good; battle ai:medium/good and cheat:turn on the world map to see everything (just like using the palantír,only with gondorians)

-with elves: combat speed:faster/fastest; campaning ai:medium/bad; battle ai:medium/bad and cheat: turn on the map to see everything (elven eyes and palatír usage)

-as a dalesman, helping the dwarves: combat speed:normal; campaning ai:good; battle ai:good/medium; and cheat up some money (as a part of the great treasure of Smaug in Erebor)

-as an evil man (just start with good boys, then apply for your new dark master): combat speed:normal; campaning ai:good/medium; batle ai:medium; cheat:none (or cheat up looting skill)

2,PLAYING AS ORC:

-as uruk-hai: combat speed:normal/slower; campaning ai:good/bad; battle ai:good/bad (both of them should depend on army size and enemy type) cheat:none (or cheat up party size limit)

-as orc/goblin: combat speed:slower/slowest; campaning ai: bad; battle ai:bad (both of because Sauron's evil power - that's almost a cheat,but it's needed) cheat:none (yes, Sauron has a palantír, but an orc scum can't use it, of course)

3,PLAYING AS WOMEN:

-Why?

edit:
DB188C529A317108D50217BE542B541FC9746397

Runciter

Augur
Drakan was pretty cool but it got kind of boring after the winter level... I never managed to finished it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom