Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sengoku Rance: The 'Gahahaha' Gets Released in the West

Black

Arcane
Here's hoping Kichikuou gets translations as well.
EGO0uO9WoAEi33J.jpg:large

Jason Liang

Arcane

Why you fought Takeda when you had Imagawa and Ashikaga left standing? Those are easy pickings.
Kai's Shell dungeon is easily one of the most action efficient source of Satisfaction points and you can defeat Takeda by taking only 3 actions (by beating the blitz) - so it IS correct to fight Takeda ASAP to get to the 4th Action Fan earliest. However, the ideal turn to declare war on Takeda is turn 20, not turn 19.
Conquering Ashikaga is mostly pointless. All it enables is Isoroku H-Scene, which takes several actions to even get to. And Ashikaga is one of those special Clans that... you'd rather not conquer too early. Much better return for conquering either Mouri or Takeda, for example. Of the eight, the two worst ones are Ashikaga and Iga.

Actually I only conquered Takeda by taking provinces cause you have to do it at least once to beat Takeda the other way. Still I found it pretty funny that as soon as you go through Takeda, Kenshin and Souun immediately decide to double DoW you. In my actual playthrough, I declared on turn 20 so that the blitz comes end of turn 25, giving you exactly enough actions to conquer both Yamatai and Tokaido, and have Magic arrive in time to help you defend.

sr0026.jpg

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Kai's Shell dungeon is easily one of the most action efficient source of Satisfaction points and you can defeat Takeda by taking only 3 actions (by beating the blitz) - so it IS correct to fight Takeda ASAP to get to the 4th Action Fan earliest. However, the ideal turn to declare war on Takeda is turn 20, not turn 19.
Beating blitz on turn 25 doesn't really seem like something a regular person can pull of, especially not on their first playthrough.
Shit even if you know it's coming, it's pretty hard, since you won't have any of the actually good commanders, and takeda is brimming with the best troop type, and each of the takeda 4 is incredibly strong in combat.

I mean, I get you can do it, especially if you savescum a few times to get takeda to attack fortresses and/or get the ai to do stupid stuff but stilll...

Jason Liang

Arcane
Beating blitz on turn 25 doesn't really seem like something a regular person can pull of, especially not on their first playthrough.
Shit even if you know it's coming, it's pretty hard, since you won't have any of the actually good commanders, and takeda is brimming with the best troop type, and each of the takeda 4 is incredibly strong in combat.

I mean, I get you can do it, especially if you savescum a few times to get takeda to attack fortresses and/or get the ai to do stupid stuff but stilll...
It's all about getting the SATISFACTION! (In the literal sense)
The later Rance games are all about strategizing so that you can win impossibly difficult battles. For example, all of the Darklord fights in Rance X can be cleared on a first playthrough without any new game bonuses, even if many of them seem impossible at first. It just takes strategy, tactics, planning, a lot of perserverance and a fair amount of luck. "If it bleeds..."

Even in Sengoku Rance, there are a ton of other challenges, some far more difficult than Takeda blitz - the blitz is mostly about figuring out which commanders you need against which of the four generals. Everyone gets wiped by Orochi the first time. But that feeling when you finally stomp that snake! You've done something legendary, you feel like a true hero. You feel like what Rance feels! People even crazier than me play this game on 5* difficulty no bonuses to get there.

It's what I love about these games, AliceSoft knows how to design fights like that, push you to the real limit so that you actually have to use ingenuity, strategy and tactics to overcome a challenge. Very few games are capable of that. Certainly most of the games praised in Codex for their combat like BG1 SCS, BG2, Fallout, etc... (i.e. the type of games Lilura plays) only give you popamole combat, not the real thing. This is why I wanted to get Vault Dweller to play Sengoku Rance, so that Colony Ship might have truly worthy combat instead of the castrated mess that Age of Decadence was. And why the best Rance games, including Sengoku Rance and Rance X, I rate among the greatest games I've ever played.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Your link doesn't work and there doesn't seem to be any way to buy the game when searching for Mangagamer and Rance

Yosharian

Arcane
Not that I particularly want a paper trail following me around attached to this game, I'd much rather sail the high seas, but I was curious

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Go through main page and enable the R-18 products? It doesn't show up on the "work safe" side of the shop.
Can't even access the website
Are you trying to buy a pron game at work / behind the great firewall / LOICENCE??

Even in Sengoku Rance, there are a ton of other challenges, some far more difficult than Takeda blitz - the blitz is mostly about figuring out which commanders you need against which of the four generals. Everyone gets wiped by Orochi the first time. But that feeling when you finally stomp that snake! You've done something legendary, you feel like a true hero. You feel like what Rance feels! People even crazier than me play this game on 5* difficulty no bonuses to get there.
There is truth to this. But for orochi you have basically the entire game to prepare (and you better take most of it, because like all but one of the secondary objectives it takes a whole game's worth of effort to get there). Takeda blitz is not hard if you do it when you actually have some decent commanders. Turn 20 seems early to me, but I am not that amazing at the game.

Yosharian

Arcane
Go through main page and enable the R-18 products? It doesn't show up on the "work safe" side of the shop.
Are you trying to buy a pron game at work / behind the great firewall / LOICENCE??

There is truth to this. But for orochi you have basically the entire game to prepare (and you better take most of it, because like all but one of the secondary objectives it takes a whole game's worth of effort to get there). Takeda blitz is not hard if you do it when you actually have some decent commanders. Turn 20 seems early to me, but I am not that amazing at the game.
No, I'm at home.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

No, I'm at home.
Sounds like you've got a nanny isp. Mine blocks Breitbart and some sites like it. sucks.

Try the link from your phone, or try this one:
http://www.mangagamer.com/r18/detail.php?aflg=18over&product_code=1132

that or get a vpn. unless you're already on one, in which case, maybe it's being blocked because of your vpn.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Why you fought Takeda when you had Imagawa and Ashikaga left standing? Those are easy pickings.
Conquering Ashikaga is mostly pointless. All it enables is Isoroku H-Scene, which takes several actions to even get to. And Ashikaga is one of those special Clans that... you'd rather not conquer too early. Much better return for conquering either Mouri or Takeda, for example. Of the eight, the two worst ones are Ashikaga and Iga.

Actually I only conquered Takeda by taking provinces cause you have to do it at least once to beat Takeda the other way. Still I found it pretty funny that as soon as you go through Takeda, Kenshin and Souun immediately decide to double DoW you. In my actual playthrough, I declared on turn 20 so that the blitz comes end of turn 25, giving you exactly enough actions to conquer both Yamatai and Tokaido, and have Magic arrive in time to help you defend.

sr0026.jpg
let me see your commander list on this playthrough

Jason Liang

Arcane
let me see your commander list on this playthrough

sr0075.jpg

sr0063.jpg

sr0064.jpg

sr0065.jpg

sr0069.jpg

sr0070.jpg

sr0071.jpg

sr0072.jpg

sr0074.jpg

T1 Kou 1: Oda Introduction
* [Owari] Discover Miso Katsu Dungeon
* * [Owari] H Sill 1 (Rance's house) +5 5

T2 Kou 2: "Offense is the best Defense"
* [Ise] Declare war on Hara
* * [Ise] Battle Ise 1

T3 Nobunaga 1: Kou's math lesson
* [Ise] Battle Ise 2
* * [Ise] Battle Ise 3

T4 Nobunaga 2: Family bath
* [Ise] Battle Ise 4 H Akihime +5 10
* * Talk Sill 1

T5 Nobunaga 3: Dango restaurant host
* [Makiwa] Declare war on Tokugawa
* * [Makiwa] Battle Makiwa 1

T6 H Suzume 1 (Dango restaurant) +5 15
* [Makiwa] Battle Maniwa 2
* * [Makiwa] Battle Maniwa 3

T7 Recruit Suzume
* [Owari] Harem Sill +1 16
* * [Owari] Talk Suzume 1 (Trust)

T8 H Suzume 2 (Trust) +5 21
* [Owari] Talk Suzume (Love)
* * [Owari] Satisfaction: Send for reinforcements from Zeth 1 (Rizna)
{Ashikaga} Chousin's sister Fuyuhime - You MUST force this scene before turn 9 or else Ashikaga will not demand reparations on turn 9! To force this scene, completely empty your gold before ending the turn.

T9 H Suzume 3 (Love) +5 26
* Explore Miso Katsu Dungeon
* * Battle Maniwa 4 H Senhime +5 31
{Ashikaga} Declares war on Oda

T10 3G: Ashikaga Report 1
* [Kyo] Battle Kyo 1
* * [Kyo] Battle Kyo 2

T11 3G: Ashikaga Report 2
* [Kyo] Battle Kyo 3 H Nekohime +3 34
* * Search for Kachi-kachi Dungeon

T 12 Cherry Blossom Festival
* [Kyo] Explore Kachi-kachi Dungeon H Otohime (fail) +1 35
* * [Kyo] Dungeon Game Plan

T13 H Sill (Dungeon 1) +5 40
* [Kyo] Explore Kachi-kachi Dungeon H Otohime (success) +5 45
* * [Kyo] H Suzume (Dungeon 1) +5 50

T14 Accept reinforcements (Rizna)
* [Owari] Satisfaction: +1 action fan
* * [Owari] Satisfaction: Send for reinforcements from Zeth 2 (Uruza)

T15 Nobunaga 4: Oda gourd breaks
* [Texas] Declare war on Azai-Asakura
* * [Texas] Battle Texas 1
* * * [Owari] Talk Rizna 1

T16 Nobunaga 5: In recovery
* [Texas] Battle Texas 1
* * [Makiwa] Search for Tokugawa Dungeon
* * * [Owari] Talk Rizna 2
{Oda} Before turn 18, use 2 Speed Books on Rance so you can choose to power up Rance's speed from 6 -> 7

T17 Nobunaga 6: In recovery
* [Texas] Battle Texas 2
* * [Makiwa] Talk Kaguyahime 1
* * * [Owari] Talk Rizna 3

T18 Talk Sill 2
* [Owari] H Rizna (Love) +5 55
* * [Owari] Harem Suzume +1 56
* * * [Owari] Harem Rizna +1 57

T19 Nobunaga 7: A promise
* [Kairapace] War on Takeda
* * [Texas] Battle Texas 3 H Yukihime +5 62
* * * [Yamatai] Pink Rumors
{Imagawa} Declares war on Oda

T20 Accept reinforcements (Uruza)
* [Yamatai] H Kuma 1 +5 67
* * [Yamatai] H Kuma 2 +1 68
* * * [Tokaido] Battle Tokaido 1

T21 Xavier 1
* [Yamatai] Declare war on Miko Temple
* * [Yamatai] Battle Yamatai 1
* * * [Yamatai] Battle Yamatai 2

T22 Xavier 2
* [Tokaido] Hanny's Secret
* * [Tokaido] Meet with Imagawa
* * * [Yamatai] Battle Yamatai 3 H Natori +5 73

T23 Xavier 3
* [Tokaido] Battle Tokaido 2
* * [Tokaido] Battle Tokaido 3 H Anko +5 78
* * * [Makiwa] Recruit Senhime

T24 Kentaro and Miki eat at dango restaurant
* [Owari] Satisfaction: Send for reinforcements from Zeth 3 (Magic)
* * [Owari] Talk Uruza (Normal) - power up to get Accurate Shots
* * * [Yamatai] H Sill (Miko Temple) +5 83
{Takeda} Blitz

T25 Shingen Assassination Plan
* [Kairapace] Shingen Assassination (fail)
* * [Makiwa] Explore Tokugawa Dungeon - find sex drug, iron pipe, coil, and tape
* * * [Makiwa] H Kaguyahime +5 88

T26 H Sill (Dungeon 2) +5 93
* [Kairapace] Shingen Assassination (success)
* * [Owari] H Rizna +5 98
* * * [Owari] Recruit Fuuka
{Uesugi} Declares war on Oda
{Hojo} Declares war on Oda

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom