Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

old numbers

Literate
lol shit, I fucked up the situation with Emerald Metalis consil.

Didn't want to poison the natives as requested by the counselor, and then accidentally wandered into the Natives' camp right by the consil. They attacked me--which meant I slaughtered them all, native ambassador and all--which in turn meant that when I returned to the consil, they'd attacked and overrun the place.

Wolfenswan

Novice
Repeating my Corem question from earlier:
Is there any way to solve Erlein's murder without slaughtering the whole warehouse? The head of either guild doesn't want to talk to me and harbinger doesn't help. I don't have anyone with nobility.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Is there any way to solve Erlein's murder without slaughtering the whole warehouse? The head of either guild doesn't want to talk to me and harbinger doesn't help. I don't have anyone with nobility.
When I was there I couldn't handle it, so I didn't really follow up on it. There's another clue you can find later about someone in Corem, but I don't know if following up on Erlein leads you to the same information.

agris

Arcane
Patron
It's easy enough to get the documents back. Just search around the area a little and look for suspicious people.

Help! I've been roaming the bridge everytime i make a stop there , cant for the life of me find asingle clue regarding where those documents went , i just hope its not the gang at the 2nd floor of the Inn , for some reasons the whole bunch turned hostile on me when I entered the floor.

Go to the inn, head left and enter the door. There should be a man and two children there. You can kill them for the documents or possibly steal them.

Thank a bunch , sadly you cant steal them ( well at least with 5 Linguistic ) , and first time i've met him , I gave hime some emeralds , double f'd me right there. Staglands is incredibly not your average setting :incline:
You can steal them from the man.

roshan

Arcane
It's easy enough to get the documents back. Just search around the area a little and look for suspicious people.

Help! I've been roaming the bridge everytime i make a stop there , cant for the life of me find asingle clue regarding where those documents went , i just hope its not the gang at the 2nd floor of the Inn , for some reasons the whole bunch turned hostile on me when I entered the floor.

Go through the inn, there's an exit at the very end (not talking about the ladder going up to the 2nd floor). You'll end up in a small garden with a guy and two kids. Kill him!

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got to the Hallowed Grounds and ran into what seems like an elaborate network of puzzles whose solution is not readily apparent so far.

Loving the fact that this is the first game in a long time that's got me taking out the old pencil and paper to trace odd shapes and symbols, hoping that they will congeal into a solution somehow.

Mortmal

Arcane
Got to the Hallowed Grounds and ran into what seems like an elaborate network of puzzles whose solution is not readily apparent so far.

Loving the fact that this is the first game in a long time that's got me taking out the old pencil and paper to trace odd shapes and symbols, hoping that they will congeal into a solution somehow.
Superb puzzle system indeed, I had to take a paper and notes to solve this one too, without spoiling too much you'll find later its even related to the lore . Top notch game design.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Whalenought_Joe Sorry is this just me? After v11 the conversation history won't scroll properly. I scroll up once and it pops to the beginning of the conversation, down once and it's down to the bottom. And there are no scroll buttons so I'm boned. WHAT THE HELL DID HE JUST ASK ME?

Haven't heard of this one yet, there are settings for scroll speeds, I know Windows is a bit faster than Mac/Linux by Unity default, so you could try cranking those down (called Menu Scroll in options) — it's possible you flung it too far down and it got stuck or something, we'll look into why that hardstop isn't working. You can also try to Hold-Left-Click and drag up and down like other text menus to drag those fields around in the meantime.
Joe, I get this on Windows too. I reported it earlier, and you sounded familiar with the package that could be causing it. I only experience it in dialogue, same as crakkie I believe. By history, I think he means the top panel of the conversation you're currently having, not what appears in the journal.

Here's the link to the thread in your forums: http://serpentinthestaglands.com/community/forums/topic/v5-dialogue-scrolling/

crakkie- you can click and drag the previous dialogue to scroll it.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
I asked about this a couple of pages back. It got stolen by
a lovable gang of cockney pickpockets that's masqueraded as an orphanage run by an old guy. There's no dialogue option to get the documents back so you must kill him or steal off him.

roshan

Arcane
BTW, the weapon proficiency system adds such an interesting aspect to the game! I've got Catalina at 8 points in cleavers, and now can't justify getting rid of her despite finding much more uber npcs! I can't get rid of Ruxandra who is my INT caster now, and Vilhelm who does the OCC spells. Looks like Notol will have to get the axe in favor of Serafim, as he is only at 2 proficiencies in whip.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
BTW, the weapon proficiency system adds such an interesting aspect to the game! I've got Catalina at 8 points in cleavers, and now can't justify getting rid of her despite finding much more uber npcs!
Yes, I am experiencing the same thing.
Also the combination with this spell
95BVXcC.gif

and these meele skills
Vtb8OOt.gif

is
:australia:

Last edited:

Wolfenswan

Novice
If anyone's been wondering about the disappearing ammo bug: It's caused by grafitus. The reproduction is here, and the only workaround I'd know of atm. is to de-equip any grafitus-refilled ammo before saving the game.

roshan

Arcane

I don't think there is a way, the warehouse guys show up in red even before you enter. My problem is how do I do it without having to slaughter that whole district? Everyone ends up getting involved and turning hostile.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished the story after 35+ hours, and some brief no spoiler thoughts.

I think I ran into a scripting bug towards the end, since before making the final choices, the game said I made choices that were the opposite of what I had actually done. This in turn limited the amount of options open to my character at the end. I'm hoping this railroading at the end was the result of a bug, and not an intentional retcon, since that would be a disappointing design decision.

Anyway, though I found the ending sequence underwhelming, I liked the game when it was playing to its two strengths in particular:

1) The game evoked strong feelings of Fallout 1 in its storytelling style, probably more than any other recent game I have completed. In proper FO1 fashion, I liked how its vague initial objective coalesced into an interconnected non-linear story that became more and more clear as the player unearthed the various lore tidbits.

2) The game's strong emphasis on puzzles made it stand out. Despite experiencing almost all the game has to offer, there are two puzzles that I need and intend to solve still. That solutions are rarely handed out on a platter went a long way towards increasing my appreciation for the game's design, and I hope other upcoming crpgs borrow this element especially from SiTS.

Anyway, though there is a lot that can be improved further in SiTS, it paints an encouraging picture for the potential of future games from the Whalenought duo. It's a solid start, and I'll be paying close attention to their output from now on.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If anyone's been wondering about the disappearing ammo bug: It's caused by grafitus. The reproduction is here, and the only workaround I'd know of atm. is to de-equip any grafitus-refilled ammo before saving the game.
Wtf is grafitus?

I had ammo disappear in the starting temple after I loaded a game there. I lost my +1 Flasks as result :(

crakkie

Arcane
Whalenought_Joe Sorry is this just me? After v11 the conversation history won't scroll properly. I scroll up once and it pops to the beginning of the conversation, down once and it's down to the bottom. And there are no scroll buttons so I'm boned. WHAT THE HELL DID HE JUST ASK ME?

Haven't heard of this one yet, there are settings for scroll speeds, I know Windows is a bit faster than Mac/Linux by Unity default, so you could try cranking those down (called Menu Scroll in options) — it's possible you flung it too far down and it got stuck or something, we'll look into why that hardstop isn't working. You can also try to Hold-Left-Click and drag up and down like other text menus to drag those fields around in the meantime.
Joe, I get this on Windows too. I reported it earlier, and you sounded familiar with the package that could be causing it. I only experience it in dialogue, same as crakkie I believe. By history, I think he means the top panel of the conversation you're currently having, not what appears in the journal.

Here's the link to the thread in your forums: http://serpentinthestaglands.com/community/forums/topic/v5-dialogue-scrolling/

crakkie- you can click and drag the previous dialogue to scroll it.
Ah, thanks for the tips. But yeah, it's only in the convo history. Journal, character screen, and all other text scrolling works just fine.

Wolfenswan

Novice
Wtf is grafitus?

I had ammo disappear in the starting temple after I loaded a game there. I lost my +1 Flasks as result :(

Grafitus is the incantation to replenish ammunition mentioned in Erlein's handbook. So "grafitus sheaf of arrows +1" etc.

Wolfenswan

Novice
So the game has more incantations than the ones in the scroll you get at start. Hmm

The ones in Erlein's handbook are:
Bone to Marrow (to consume for vitality and to
cure any aches and pains)
Incant: “Davi Bone” or “Davi Bones”

Gem to Greater Gem
Incant: “Shoar Onyx Chip”
Refill vials or arrows or bolts

Incant: “Grafitus Elixir Vials” or “Grafitus Pack of
Bolts +1”, you get the idea

Translating Ameythevian Rune Carvings
Traditionally, names on ancient tombs were written
in Ameythevian runes. If you translate the name
carved into the stone and then incant it, you can
supposedly see the tomb’s contents.
Incant: “Nufri [name here]

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Holy shit... that's actually incredibly useful... WHERE THE FUCK DO I GET THE FUCKING HANDBOOK :negative:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Isn't that just the manual that everyone got in PDF?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom