Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Isn't that just the manual that everyone got in PDF?

I think the PDF everyone got is an additional kinda "lore" book. The manual is only available for reading online, AFAIK. Happy to be wrong, in case, as I really would have loved to have the manual on PDF as well.

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is a manual online that is now in PDF and as such you can download it to your computer in PDF format. In addition to that there exists this Erlein Handbook which is something only KS backers got (and maybe people that bought the game through their website).

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Isn't that just the manual that everyone got in PDF?
I got the handbook for purchasing the game through the Whalenought website after kickstarter and before release. In addition to the handbook, I got the manual as well.

The handbook is written in-character by Erlein to Necholai. It contains lore and fighting tips for the various monsters, hidden incantations, useful places to visit, and also a puzzle solution.

Apexeon

Arcane
Proficiency and using paper to scribble things down.

:bro:

Game of the year.
Unless Grimoire is released.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
There is a manual online that is now in PDF and as such you can download it to your computer in PDF format. In addition to that there exists this Erlein Handbook which is something only KS backers got (and maybe people that bought the game through their website).

I'm very glad to stand corrected. I'm proceeding to print the PDF manual right now. Thanks bro. :salute:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Translation of the conclusions:

POSITIVES:
- Huge, magical and really open world
- Long duration
- Excellent rule-system for developing characters, magic and battle
- Real hardcore old-school RPG

NEGATIVES:
- ...that means that newbs should probably stay away
- Quite some bugs(that are fortunately being fixed quickly)

Generally the review is quite positive I would say

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Help with this puzzle pls. A hint or something.

Fb6rH9O.png

I got the first door to open by using straightforward logic
(made a combination from the first column in the "reference grid" etching on the wall)
but can't seem to get anything else to work.

fanta

Arcane
Ok I bought this game. I'm reading the Handbook and have a feeling good things are in store. What are we waiting for regarding patches/DLCs/expsnsion?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Ok I bought this game. I'm reading the Handbook and have a feeling good things are in store. What are we waiting for regarding patches/DLCs/expsnsion?
They said in a recent Kickstarter update that IIRC if you've been waiting for most things to be patched to go ahead and play now. Expansion INC later this year.

roshan

Arcane
Help with this puzzle pls. A hint or something.

Fb6rH9O.png

I got the first door to open by using straightforward logic
(made a combination from the first column in the "reference grid" etching on the wall)
but can't seem to get anything else to work.

The last column of the reference grid also opens one of the doors (the bottom symbol should match the one on the door), only one door can be open at a time. That's all I've figured out yet. :)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm not going to spoil it, but I will say that there is a sensible solution to the puzzle.

Now enjoy tearing out your hair trying to solve it, hohohoho.

You can ignore it if you choose to, but behind the doors there are unique stuff that you won't be able to find anywhere else.

Man, playing super obscure games is great - can't cheat with walkthroughs. It's like in the 90s again.

Glaive

Literate
I have no idea what I am doing. Take pity on a benighted console gamer and explain to me the numbers behind SitS, (1d6, 2d3 and so on). I realize that they refer to dice (and maybe the number of sides the dice has) but I'm still finding rather opaque.

roshan

Arcane
I have no idea what I am doing. Take pity on a benighted console gamer and explain to me the numbers behind SitS, (1d6, 2d3 and so on). I realize that they refer to dice (and maybe the number of sides the dice has) but I'm still finding rather opaque.

OK, so 1d6 means one roll of a 6 sided die. So basically, 1d6 means 1 to 6. On the other hand, 3d4 means 3 rolls of a 4 sided die, which ends up being 3 to 12 (1 to 4 + 1 to 4 + 1 to 4).

Then you have numbers like 2d4 +2. So that means two rolls of a four sided die, plus a flat 2 bonus. So that ends up being 4-10.

And 6d1 just means 6, 4d1 just means 4, etc.

Cromwell

Arcane
Is there a special reason we have no codex review of this to discourage me from buying it out of impulse but instead we get weekly episodes of the poe soap in review form?

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, to be fair it took about a month for the first Codex review of PoE to come out as well. I'm sure someone will submit a review for SitS when they've gotten to properly play and figure the game out.

roshan

Arcane
So there are a ton of very random symbols, what could they possibly mean? I've unlocked the three doors that have the obvious code attached. And I was able to unlock the prison and also the door near it, as well as the only door on the fourth cave out of blind luck alone.

Is there a clue I missed? Because the only clues I found was the torn sheet and also the prisoner who said the first two were numbers, and the third a symbol.

I can't figure out the moonlight puzzle either. Was able to get the light to shift slightly by positioning a character near one of the levers, but nothing I did after that could move the light further.

el3b6s.jpg

BTW, what's with the horn? I found a clue that the Wandering Lady left the natives with a horn, but can't seem to find it.

EDIT: I think I figured out the number code.

Last edited:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
what's with the horn? I found a clue that the Wandering Lady left the natives with a horn, but can't seem to find it.
I had that horn, you get it off some natives around Emerald Metalis Consil or in the native camp, and you use it to get into the hallowed ground dungeon (you give it to natives in exchange for the location of it, iicr)... wait... how did you get in if you didn't have the horn?
And where did you find all these grids? I only got the one that has 5 columns...

The Fish

Arcane
what's with the horn? I found a clue that the Wandering Lady left the natives with a horn, but can't seem to find it.
I had that horn, you get it off some natives around Emerald Metalis Consil or in the native camp, and you use it to get into the hallowed ground dungeon (you give it to natives in exchange for the location of it, iicr)... wait... how did you get in if you didn't have the horn?
And where did you find all these grids? I only got the one that has 5 columns...

Did you explore all the caves in the hallowed grove area? There's more than one, the others are just a little hard to spot. Also, you don't need to have blown the horn to enter - you can just walk straight to the grove.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom