Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow Warrior 3 by Flying Wild Hog

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://shadowwarrior.com

https://af.gog.com/game/shadow_warrior_3?as=1649904300

Coming 2021. Watch the gameplay reveal during Devolver Direct 2020 on July 11 at 12:00PM Pacific: http://twitch.tv/twitchgaming

Visit http://shadowwarrior.com and follow @ShadowWarrior on Twitter for more details.

Shadow Warrior 3 launches the offbeat first-person shooter series to the next level with a seamless blend of fast-paced gunplay, razor-sharp melee combat, and a spectacular free-running movement system. Fallen corporate shogun Lo Wang and his former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick Orochi Zilla embark on an improbable mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly unleashed from its eternal prison. Armed with a punishing mix of blades and bullets, Lo Wang must traverse uncharted parts of the world to track down the dark beast and push the apocolypse back yet again. All it will take is the mask of a dead god, a dragon's egg, a touch of magic, and enough firepower to tear down the encroaching Shadowlands.

Fallen corporate shogun Lo Wang and his former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick Orochi Zilla embark on an improbable mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly unleashed from its eternal prison. Armed with a punishing mix of blades and bullets, Lo Wang must traverse uncharted parts of the world to track down the dark beast and push the apocalypse back yet again. All it will take is the mask of a dead god, a dragon's egg, a touch of magic, and enough firepower to hold off the impending cataclysm.

Bring a Katana to a Gunfight
Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.

Fancy Footwork
Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.

Execute Then Annihilate
Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.

Dynamic Combat Arenas
Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.

Neo Feudal Japan
Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.

Funny Business
Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrillride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Trying to ape borderlands kinda ruined the second one, are they going back to the vastly superior formula of the 1st game?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Still has the great looks and art direction of the Shadow Warrior Reboot games. Please god, may they have the realization they can make a good, financially successful shooter in this age without more lame lootification.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game clearly wants to be "Deadpool the FPS". I guess the license was too expensive.

But they really are not getting anything from the "Shadow Warrior" -license besides the name... and what value does the name really have those days?

Really looking forward to "Redneck Rampage" with a Californian asexual vegan transgender protagonist, killing MAGA-men while sipping soy lattes and writing edgy tweets.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
The game clearly wants to be "Deadpool the FPS". I guess the license was too expensive.

But they really are not getting anything from the "Shadow Warrior" -license besides the name... and what value does the name really have those days?

The Shadow Warrior license = asian guy making stupid jokes. it's always been that way (although the nu version's jokes are considerably dumber than the old one).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

The Shadow Warrior license = asian guy making stupid jokes. it's always been that way (although the nu version's jokes are considerably dumber than the old one).

I guess we are going to reach the point where they will just buy licenses to get cool names ('cuz all the good ones have been already used at some point).

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

I guess we are going to reach the point where they will just buy licenses to get cool names ('cuz all the good ones have been already used at some point).

What is it missing that the original had? Orochi Zilla and Lo wang are there, it's the same setting, it's the same genre. I mean, we're talking about a 90s FPS, it's not like they're remaking torment or baldur's gate.

Bara

Arcane
Trying to ape borderlands kinda ruined the second one, are they going back to the vastly superior formula of the 1st game?

I certainly hope so, the Borderlands clone was a stupid idea.

Even the implementation of that idea was stupid with the idol slots being the meat of the stats and constantly jumping in and out of the menu equipping different combinations of those idols.

I just want to slice and shoot things at great speed

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, first one was alright. Nothing special, but amusing. Second one was a real wtf were they thinking game. Will be interesting to see where they go with this one...

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

What is it missing that the original had? Orochi Zilla and Lo wang are there, it's the same setting, it's the same genre. I mean, we're talking about a 90s FPS, it's not like they're remaking torment or baldur's gate.

Humor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom