Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

NotTale

Learned
Does your tablet not allow Steam?

If you're looking for the DRM free release for backers, I imagine that's available tomorrow as well.

Oh, derp, I meant to say my Android tablet. I really hope I didn't miss out on Steam for Android and nobody told me.

I had a brainfart and completely forgot most people are using iOs and Android tablets. Those are supposed to release tomorrow as well, don't know if it'll be the same time.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Plus you can always transfer your saves later from the PC version to the tablet version, i think they confirmed that would be possible. Would be nice to have them both synced, so as to keep only one persistent PC throughout all devices.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My computer broke recently so I won't get to play this game for a while. At least when i do play it it might have some cool user made content. Sigh.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wrong. As long as your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo on it you get the exact same protections as a credit card. No need to go into debt just to get some phantom protection that also exists on debit cards.

Oh yeah, CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!
Not legally speaking. Legal protections on credit cards are much better.

For example, if your card is stolen, you are legally responsible for only $50 worth of the amount stolen. This is not true with a debit card. Though most companies claim you're not responsible for any amount.

Also the way information is transmitted when using the cards are much different. If you choose credit, it's much more secure and less information is sent.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
I put everything on my credit card and pay the balance in full every month with my debit card. why???? uhh building credit for free annnnnd I get rewards on my card so every few months or so I trade in my reward points for free gift cards and now you can just spend them directly on amazon if you want to. The trick is to just pay the balance every month so you never have to pay interest, its win win

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I put everything on my credit card and pay the balance in full every month with my debit card. why???? uhh building credit for free annnnnd I get rewards on my card so every few months or so I trade in my reward points for free gift cards and now you can just spend them directly on amazon if you want to. The trick is to just pay the balance every month so you never have to pay interest, its win win
This. If you pay on time, there is never any interest. It works out better than using a debit card. Of course, you need to keep track of payment dates and stuff but that's trivial to do these days.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Wish it was possible to preload. Also wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. :(

Renevent

Cipher

This.

I do the same exact thing and make about $25 a month in free gift cards (amazon, etc) and never pay interest.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This.

I do the same exact thing and make about $25 a month in free gift cards (amazon, etc) and never pay interest.
Well here they offer some pretty useless bonuses, so there really is no incentive beyond the most primal "hey, buy now pay later, it's free shit, mom!" (They offered me bonus to my social security but only if I had it in their bank, which I don't)

Zetor

Arcane

This.

Well here they offer some pretty useless bonuses, so there really is no incentive beyond the most primal "hey, buy now pay later, it's free shit, mom!" (They offered me bonus to my social security but only if I had it in their bank, which I don't)
Same in Hungary. I have the best 'bang-for-your-buck' CC you can get here (citibank citilife) and the GREAT BONUSES consist of 1% of my spending accruing in a bonus account that I can spend on coupons and shit that are valid in like 10 different shops (some of which are overpriced anyway, so I wouldn't buy stuff at them in the first place). Considering that $1k/month after-taxes salary in Hungary is considered 'good', 1% is absolutely miniscule when you consider that the card has a monthly fee, you also have to pay fees to transfer money to citibank every month unless you have a local account (and you don't, because citibank is pretty terrible compared to the competition), and you can't actually use the CC in a lot of places - or if you do, the shop charges you extra because fuck you that's why - it doesn't seem amazing at all. If you try using the card for an international purchase, you're pretty much screwed as well since they use stupid exchange rates. Also, gaining credit rating through CC isn't really a thing in eastern europe.

At least it has paypass? I guess that's good or sommat.

Zetor

Arcane
So a board game that you need a tablet for, and you basically play it on the tablet? I don't get it, but maybe someone else does...

NotTale

Learned
Why even bother with the board at that point? You can play on the tablet.

Then they can sell a non-tablet version for people who really like painting figures.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Now the geek community can enjoy being hip and nerdy by playing tabletop games without needing to learn all those complicated rules!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
well...

I WISH THEY HAD THE FUNDS OF THAT USELESS PIECE OF VAPOURWARE CALLED DOUBLE FINE FOR THIS GAME :x

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So it's shit :(

Nah
34pgmzb.png

That's "It's good but it could have been so much better" or "Oh god those cut corners BUUUUUURN!!!"?

First one.

Basically, what I mean is, it pains me horribry that these folks would probably put all these additional funds into very good and much needed stuff instead of drugs and hookers like that incompetent fool Schafer.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It would be kind of cool if you had one of those Microsoft tablet/tables they showed off a few years ago. So the entire playing surface was dynamic. On the other hand it takes some of the charm away when you're not playing on poorly drown maps on grid paper or erasable surface.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I dunno about that, but I can review urmom tomorrow morning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom