Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadows of Doubt - detective stealth game set in "fully simulated" sci-fi city - now available on Early Access

kangaxx

Arbiter
That actually sounds pretty damn fun. I'm still holding strong until it's finished though.

By the office/hunting rifle thing, do you mean just walking into certain places of business "legitimately", or breaking in somewhere?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the office/hunting rifle thing, do you mean just walking into certain places of business "legitimately", or breaking in somewhere?
Some businesses aren't open to the public - just stepping in the door will cause the employees to respond with the violence level of the average American homeowner.

To be fair the game communicates this okay - if you see a door to Joe's Industrial Works then it's safe to enter, but if it says Joe's Industrial Works then you better not let anyone see you.

Gostak

Educated
Indeed sometimes you just find little true evidence to go by but more red herrings.
What's more a minor update added that the sales ledgers now often do not spell out the full names.
In a big city with 1500 or more inhabitants (I think still not possible with vanilla means but Cheat Engine and the like can help or a mod
requiring a dodgy dll or an upload of such a city file by a friendly gamer) that can make it so that this is less of a dead give-away.

I just really wish the spider-senses like X-RAY vision red outlines of alerted or to be avoided people around you could get deactivated.
It serves as sort of your "hearing" indication but it's making it too easy to not get jump-scared or flat-footed.
There is an option in the menu that I thought would do it, but nope must be for something else. :(

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is an option in the menu that I thought would do it, but nope must be for something else. :(
Well, you can't even turn off the directional arrow without it coming back on every 5 minutes - at least, I can't. Not unlikely that the options menu is simply broken still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom